Elimination Final - INs & OUTs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Harves Man
Club Player

Re: Elimination Final - INs & OUTs

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 30 Sep 2020 9:48pm
SaintPav wrote: Wed 30 Sep 2020 9:23pm
Ghost Like wrote: Wed 30 Sep 2020 9:03pm
SaintPav wrote: Wed 30 Sep 2020 8:47pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 30 Sep 2020 5:50pm
SaintPelican66 wrote: Wed 30 Sep 2020 5:39pm Mods - Please delete duplicate post!
Delete you yes I agree.

<1 day ban for baiting>
Why is one post baiting but the other post isn't.

Power-hungry f****** idiot.

Cancel me c***.
I agree with the sentiment SaintPav, not entirely sure about the rest. Does seem odd that what Curly responded to was in fact, a form of baiting if they'd actually read the OP. It's either both or neither, I'd vote neither.
Ok.

See you in 2021
Pick up your toys SPav, I hope we hear / see you this Saturday. I agree with you, I also don't agree with Curly's ban, I don't agree that you needed to go off. I understand a PM goes no where, which is ironic but better to hear you than not.
Agree, for what it's worth.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 2:13am If we are judging a player's worth in a season where we have kicked 1159 points and the team who kicked the highest amount of points was 1233 then we better drop nearly the whole forward line starting with Max King who has only kicked 2 goals in his last 5 games.

If only 71 points seperated us and Geelong who I think has a fairly potent arsenal of scorers then what does that tell you. And the fact it is a compromised season where amongst other aspects of our great game, scoring has been significantly impacted with most games resembling a soccer match.

If you are judging a small forward this season on the amount of goals he scores then you are stuck in a loop and don't quite understand the game beyond tabloid level.

Kent has been playing a role that is anything but a small forward, he has been working much higher up the ground to help out from accross half back and then towards F50 as a link up player who can help defend accross the half back, and then either link up through the middle to either choose an i50 option or dish off to a Billings, Hill or Buttler. After he completes the link up he then pressess hard forward and helps to lock it in F50. He's also been very good in goal assists, meters gained and i50s.

Interestingly, of the 8 goals he has kicked, 4 of them have been clutch goals in the last quarter when the game was in the balance. Now I'll admit those 8 goals came in the first half of this short season but hey, in a team that hasn't won too many games in the second half of this short season, he ain't no Robinson Crusoe.

Goals are only a bonus in his current role and this heavily compromised season.

Come Saturday he might also announce himself as a player who is built for finals. Absolutley no chance he will be dropped.
King has kicked 5 goals in his last 5 games, but true to form, Secret Vortex won't let facts get in the way of a good story. :roll:

Kent's issue is not about getting to the right position, it's the fact that when he does he's too often fumbled or made crucial mistakes in his last few games. If he fixed that up he would be a lot more certain pick, like the first half of the season.

He's failed the 'eye test' the last few weeks, have you been watching the games? Did you watch him earlier in the season?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It’s very clear no matter which way you spin it, Kent is horribly out of form.
Putting goals aside... he’s working up the ground isn’t exactly yielding results either.

When the game was on the line vs GWS, he had 4 kicks and a tackle in the first half... AND no influence

He got more touches in the second half once the team started play and GWS dropped their heads

And he had 2 possessions vs Melbourne

Can’t have it both ways...
If he’s not there to kick goals and is playing further up the ground... well he’s not getting a lot of touches either.

Compare Kent’s output to a guy like Butler who also has dropped a bit in form in the second half of the season...
No one’s criticising Butler as even when he’s freezed out, more often then not he finds other ways to contribute

It looks to me like some judgements of these players are based more on whether or not people like them or have some other weird emotional tie like having argued a point for so long on a forum...
And certainly not on form.

King is very easily in the team and Kent isn’t playing well

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 3:35pm

It looks to me like some judgements of these players are based more on whether or not people like them or have some other weird emotional tie like having argued a point for so long on a forum...

I put my hand up.
I've argued against Kent for a while. I think or thought he was overrated. Then we had a contrarian come along and stir it up, so that adds to the spice and then I was just so utterly dejected after our Melbourne loss and I suppose I wanted a scapegoat.

But that is not all.

The bits I've watched, I do try to watch.

I can only conclude.
1) Ratts likes him and maybe the team does too
2) We simply haven't got anyone better...this I cannot understand
3) They want cohesion

He looks busy, but isn't good enough. That's it, as far as I can tell. That's why Melbourne let him go.

If he kicks four, bravo...
but that won't change what I saw in those games this year.

As far as I can tell, he played one good complete game..against Melbourne last year.

I suppose Hind is 'that' bad.

I still wanna see Roberton, Lonie play this week...and if they don't and Kent is picked, as is quite probable, I'll just turn the other cheek. (Until I don't lol)

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Like judgements, arguments, grudges and views that still shape a fan's view's from decisions a coach made in GFs over 10 years ago? Pull your head in.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 9:40pm

Like judgements, arguments, grudges and views that still shape a fan's view's from decisions a coach made in GFs over 10 years ago? Pull your head in.
Oooww..........nasty. :roll: