The dullbogs say they are going to get physical against saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: The dullbogs say they are going to get physical against saints

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:24am Agree. Similarly - I'd very much like to see our forwards throw their weight around - in particular Battle and Kent. Wouldn't at all be unhappy if Battle nails JJ with a knee to the kidneys in an early marking contest and similarly, Kent wraps up Caleb in huge bone-crunching tackle. In some ways - the Dogs are like us - not an overly aggressive team.

I'd love our boys to focus on the footy first but take our chances to hit and hurt hard as and when they inevitably present. I'd be very surprised if the Dogs haven't got a Billings/Hill in the gun.
Play the ball and outscore them. We can’t afford to be four goals down early because we’ve lost focus on the main game.

That said, if they take out one of our guys we should take out two of theirs ... and take great satisfaction in doing it. Payback double.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Well I'm shocked that a club says they will be physical in a final. Never heard that before.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:24am
Vortex wrote: Sun 27 Sep 2020 12:24pm This will be a massive test for our on field leadership. Players like Billing's will need to be up to the task, there's no room for bruise free footy in finals.
Agree. Similarly - I'd very much like to see our forwards throw their weight around - in particular Battle and Kent. Wouldn't at all be unhappy if Battle nails JJ with a knee to the kidneys in an early marking contest and similarly, Kent wraps up Caleb in huge bone-crunching tackle. In some ways - the Dogs are like us - not an overly aggressive team.

I'd love our boys to focus on the footy first but take our chances to hit and hurt hard as and when they inevitably present. I'd be very surprised if the Dogs haven't got a Billings/Hill in the gun.
It will be Billings they will target you'd think. Hill has 3 games of premiership experience and focusing that type of strategy on a player like Hill could be a waste of their energy. But I agree, I reckon they will highlight Billing's down hill skier credentials and say if he is getting clean ball then the Saints are probably on top.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 28 Sep 2020 12:53pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 27 Sep 2020 12:24pm This will be a massive test for our on field leadership. Players like Billing's will need to be up to the task, there's no room for bruise free footy in finals.
Agree. Similarly - I'd very much like to see our forwards throw their weight around - in particular Battle and Kent. Wouldn't at all be unhappy if Battle nails JJ with a knee to the kidneys in an early marking contest and similarly, Kent wraps up Caleb in huge bone-crunching tackle. In some ways - the Dogs are like us - not an overly aggressive team.

It will be Billings they will target you'd think. Hill has 3 games of premiership experience and focusing that type of strategy on a player like Hill could be a waste of their energy. But I agree, I reckon they will highlight Billing's down hill skier credentials and say if he is getting clean ball then the Saints are probably on top.
Would you actually just piss off. Go to your own forum and pot players.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 28 Sep 2020 1:02pm

Good to see ya up and about so early. You do realise the game isn't until Saturday so don't overcook yourelf before then.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Them Bulldogs sure are pathetic downhill skiers.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 28 Sep 2020 1:37pm

Good to see ya up and about so early. You do realise the game isn't until Saturday so don't overcook yourelf before then.
Is your club still in the finals?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 28 Sep 2020 1:56pm
Vortex wrote: Mon 28 Sep 2020 1:37pm

Is your club still in the finals?

At least until Saturday.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I'm guessing Billings will be targeted because his record against the team that invented downhill skiing is very good.

It is one sided players and those with poor skills in less pressurised games that I have concerns with, they will be exposed and ultimately hurt how we want to play our finals' football.