Team v Giants

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Giants

freely wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 8:58am Anyone started a book yet on which quarter hannebery will go down?
Nice one.

πŸ‘

:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: ↑Thu 17 Sep 2020 7:55pm Certainly lost pace but quality went through the roof.

Kent I think owes someone a very large beer & certainly a game to keep him in a final's side. Someone suggested Hanners to spend time in the forward line with some crucial guest appearances in the middle & allow Bytel / Byrnes a crack. I would have preferred that to Kent.
As I've been saying since October last year, Bytel was always only going to get one or two games this season. He was given a really good amount of freedom in his debut by Geelong and has never really looked AFL standard. Similarly Byrnes is a good couple of years off being capable of playing against men at the elite level.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

hmmm.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 10:49am
Ghost Like wrote: ↑Thu 17 Sep 2020 7:55pm Certainly lost pace but quality went through the roof.

Kent I think owes someone a very large beer & certainly a game to keep him in a final's side. Someone suggested Hanners to spend time in the forward line with some crucial guest appearances in the middle & allow Bytel / Byrnes a crack. I would have preferred that to Kent.
As I've been saying since October last year, Bytel was always only going to get one or two games this season. He was given a really good amount of freedom in his debut by Geelong and has never really looked AFL standard. Similarly Byrnes is a good couple of years off being capable of playing against men at the elite level.
How would I know what you said in October last year when you only joined this morning? What was your nic in October? Were you still Highettman or had you changed to Secret Kiel by then?

Vortex is cute, quite fitting. Welcome aboard V!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

I suggest you go and find a forum that talks about your club clown

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 10:59am

How would I know what you said in October last year when you only joined this morning? What was your nic in October? Were you still Highettman or had you changed to Secret Kiel by then?

Vortex is cute, quite fitting. Welcome aboard V!
Doesn't matter if you remember, what matters is I've have been saying it since then and that is exactly how it has worked out for both those young lads. It has puzzled and amused me why posters on this site would keep talking up thier credentials on the approach to selection each week. I would have thought some might have got it by round 11or 12ish but here we are in the final round and there is still a rusted on belief by some posters that they are AFL capable.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

How on earth can you say that Bytel didn't look AFL standard? UMMM Vortex, are you trying to take the piss?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 11:09am

Big chance I have contributed more to this club than you are ever likely to. What grade is it you play for again?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: ↑Thu 17 Sep 2020 9:17pm
fugazi wrote: ↑Thu 17 Sep 2020 8:57pm I'd love to hear an independent opinion about Gearys place in the team.
I know we have probably done it to death
But having a captain who is the least skilled player, a player that the opposition zone off so he DOES get the ball at kick ins, is a real concern.
I wish we could graft his attitude and commitment onto Carlisles body.
I hope I don't offend here but Geary is only getting selected because he is captain. There are at least 4 players that I would select before him. Unfortunately our selectors have already shown they will not drop him. Lets just hope that Geary doesn't cost us the win. This situation was brought upon us by Richo and his obsession with mediocrity. If Geary is not "retired" by the end of THIS season then I will be asking some very embarrassing questions at the AGM later this year that Basset may find difficult to answer.
Rubbish post.Move on, most supporters have. :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Danger beware.Two new or supposedly new s*** stirrers posting in this thread.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

saynta wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 11:23am
fugazi wrote: ↑Thu 17 Sep 2020 8:57pm I'd love to hear an independent opinion about Gearys place in the team.
But having a captain who is the least skilled player, a player that the opposition zone off so he DOES get the ball at kick ins, is a real concern.
I hope I don't offend here but Geary is only getting selected because he is captain. There are at least 4 players that I would select before him. Unfortunately our selectors have already shown they will not drop him. Lets just hope that Geary doesn't cost us the win. This situation was brought upon us by Richo and his obsession with mediocrity. If Geary is not "retired" by the end of THIS season then I will be asking some very embarrassing questions at the AGM later this year that Basset may find difficult to answer.
Are you the poster that everyone was warning me of? How f****** dare you say rubbish post? Who the f*** are you to speak to me like that? How about you give a reason why you don't like my post instead of playing the man? I'm reporting you!!!!!

SaintPelican66
Club Player

Why should posters move on? Just because you want them too? How about you move on and allow people to post their views?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

:wink: Bit touchy aren't we? :roll:

SaintPelican66
Club Player

saynta wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 11:35am :wink: Bit touchy aren't we? :roll:
:wink: Bit smarty aren't we? :roll:

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Clearly there must be a crunch match coming up...😜

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 11:34am
Why should posters move on? Just because you want them too? How about you move on and allow people to post their views?
I am sick and tire of reading crap threads being posted about Geary. You think you know better than the coach? Well I have some f****** news for you. You don't.

And for what it is worth your comment about Geary and Richo were offensive. In the extreme.

This is a forum ffs. You are allowed to post your views just as I am. So suck it up sunshine.

I don't believe for one moment that this is your first rodeo either. :roll: :roll: :roll:

SaintPelican66
Club Player

How about you cut the crap and tell us why our posts are rubbish?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 11:40am
Smarter than you sunshine, :wink:

SaintPelican66
Club Player

saynta wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 11:41am
SaintPelican66 wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 11:40am

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 11:41am
How about you cut the crap and tell us why our posts are rubbish?
I am sure you are smart enough to work it out.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

I am sick and tire of reading crap threads being posted about Geary. You think you know better than the coach? Well I have some f****** news for you. You don't.

And for what it is worth your comment about Geary and Richo were offensive. In the extreme.

This is a forum ffs. You are allowed to post your views just as I am. So suck it up sunshine.

I don't believe for one moment that this is your first rodeo either. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sorry you feel that way Saynta. My post was not meant to be offensive. Richo appointed Geary which means that he set the standard low. How could he make a captain that was not in the top 10 players on the list? This is what I meant by mediocrity. So now our selectors are stuck and have to keep playing him. And my other point of 4 players better than him that are not in the team, I think most people would agree with that. At the end of the day Saynta, if you don't like what I post you can either not read it or put me on your ignore list.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 11:47am

Sorry you feel that way Saynta. My post was not meant to be offensive. Richo appointed Geary which means that he set the standard low. How could he make a captain that was not in the top 10 players on the list? This is what I meant by mediocrity. So now our selectors are stuck and have to keep playing him. And my other point of 4 players better than him that are not in the team, I think most people would agree with that. At the end of the day Saynta, if you don't like what I post you can either not read it or put me on your ignore list.

Will look forward to seeing you get shot down in flames at the AGM since Gears is being offered another contract. FYI the players vote on the captain. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 11:18am

Big chance I have contributed more to this club than you are ever likely to. What grade is it you play for again?
Move along toots go play with your toys.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 12:10pm
Vortex wrote: ↑Fri 18 Sep 2020 11:18am

Move along toots go play with your toys.
Strange

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I've received a number of tit for tat reports over these tit for tat posts.

I don't know if these new posters are reincarnations of old posters but if anyone wants to keep posting here, just talk football and not real or perceived old grudges.

I'll close all these reports but any more sequences like these and I will be putting a ban on both parties.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"