2 things

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

2 things

Watching on the couch and two bits of news that may help us in some way
1 Zac Williams has put negotiations on hold. Trounce them in the final round and leave an impression on him. I think he would be great, allowing Clark to go into the midfield or to go there himself.
2 Gold Coast sacked several assistant coaches including Dean Solomon that the couch panelists are gushing over, sounds like the AFL can’t afford to bank roll GC. A struggling GC helps our orgasmic dreams of the Kings playing together (for us)

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2 things

Yes 2 things to watch with interest

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I'm going out on a limb here but I predict that Ben King will NEVER play for St Kilda.
I hope I'm wrong but that is my gut feel.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: Tue 25 Aug 2020 6:36pm I'm going out on a limb here but I predict that Ben King will NEVER play for St Kilda.
Tend to agree.
I reckon he is intent on forging his own identity and name

Nee!
SunnyErnest
Club Player

Goose is king wrote: Mon 24 Aug 2020 11:07pm Watching on the couch and two bits of news that may help us in some way
1 Zac Williams has put negotiations on hold. Trounce them in the final round and leave an impression on him. I think he would be great, allowing Clark to go into the midfield or to go there himself.
2 Gold Coast sacked several assistant coaches including Dean Solomon that the couch panelists are gushing over, sounds like the AFL can’t afford to bank roll GC. A struggling GC helps our orgasmic dreams of the Kings playing together (for us)
If we could get Zac Williams as a Free Agent then that would be huge. Leaves our FRD pick intact to so we can pick up a young gun Mid from the Draft. :)
Regarding Bing, we don't need him yet while we still have a fit Carlisle. Lets just cool our jets on him until 2022.

Who is StoneCold??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Tue 25 Aug 2020 6:46pm
IluvHarvey wrote: Tue 25 Aug 2020 6:36pm I'm going out on a limb here but I predict that Ben King will NEVER play for St Kilda.
Tend to agree.
He can do that at the Saints.

He doesn't want to leave now but when he does, which he eventually will, we’ll be up to it in our necks.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

At the moment we have the better King anyway.

But at some stage they will want to play in the same team..

They are best mates as well as being twins. Two peas in the same pod.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

SunnyErnest wrote: Tue 25 Aug 2020 6:59pm
Goose is king wrote: Mon 24 Aug 2020 11:07pm Watching on the couch and two bits of news that may help us in some way
If we could get Zac Williams as a Free Agent then that would be huge. Leaves our FRD pick intact to so we can pick up a young gun Mid from the Draft. :)
Regarding Bing, we don't need him yet while we still have a fit Carlisle. Lets just cool our jets on him until 2022.
Better still - spend the 1st pick on Jye Caldwell - absolute perfect mix of inside/outside.

He's out of contract. He went at pick 11 and we're going to have a pick around the same spot this year. Bit like Zac Jones ... mad Saints fan as a kid.

Dear Gubby - Please go to work immediately. Thank you in anticipation. Kind regards - All Saints Fans

Go you red, black & white warriors
Sanctorum
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 25 Aug 2020 8:21pm
Better still - spend the 1st pick on Jye Caldwell - absolute perfect mix of inside/outside.

He's out of contract. He went at pick 11 and we're going to have a pick around the same spot this year. Bit like Zac Jones ... mad Saints fan as a kid.

Dear Gubby - Please go to work immediately. Thank you in anticipation. Kind regards - All Saints Fans
You're spot on Saintmatt, I've posted elsewhere that Jye Caldwell should be St Kilda's #1 priority for Simon and his team to bring over, he is by far the best long term prospect, one of many Giants' elite midfielders that will be an absolute gun playing for another club.

Caldwell is the final piece in the Saints jigsaw in their plans to win a 2nd premiership.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
SaintDippa
Club Player

Love the idea of bringing in recruits that grew up following the club. Sell the sizzle. Being a part of the first flag in 50+ years.
Is Dusty on a long term?

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 25 Aug 2020 9:08pm

You're spot on Saintmatt, I've posted elsewhere that Jye Caldwell should be St Kilda's #1 priority for Simon and his team to bring over, he is by far the best long term prospect, one of many Giants' elite midfielders that will be an absolute gun playing for another club.

Caldwell is the final piece in the Saints jigsaw in their plans to win a 2nd premiership.
I have no doubt that it would cost a bit but, at some point - GWS can't pay everyone. More importantly - their good younger players don't want to be playing HBF/HFF waiting for Kelly, Hopper and Whitfield to get injured for a spot in the middle. Just like Ratts did with Z Jones - promise Jye the midfield minutes he wants and just play him - it's simple. It's what Collingwood did to get Treloar and Adams (mind you - they paid overs with Treloar).

It's either that or draft a kid and HOPE that he turns out ok. This strategy takes most of the risk out of the process.

Go you red, black & white warriors
ace
Saintsational Legend

You need to take an Alka-Seltzer for that upset gut.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
darylcowie
Club Player

We haven't had a fit Carlisle for several seasons, but Ben King is not he answer there, Josh Battle is.

Battle reads the play as well as Carlisle, is more courageous, harder, has a much bigger engine, is more agile and has good hands.

In fact, why isn't he playing Carlisle's role now?

As for Ben King, he would have to play down back in any team that has his brother in it, otherwise the same type of player is playing forward and who would he replace in the backline, Howard or Battle?

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Tend to agree.
Disagree. They were literally born to stay together. From a club's perspective & their manager's, these two playing & dominating AFL together is a marketing dream. It is worth so much more money for them, the club and the AFL. Let's make it St Kilda's windfall.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 26 Aug 2020 5:06pm
Tend to agree.
Disagree. They were literally born to stay together. From a club's perspective & their manager's, these two playing & dominating AFL together is a marketing dream. It is worth so much more money for them, the club and the AFL. Let's make it St Kilda's windfall.
The bolded bits make me think it's more likely Max will go to the GC........ of course with no AFL help.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Tend to agree.
Sure.

Lukosius, Anderson and Rankine will do.

Get it done Saints.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
George27
Club Player

saynta wrote: Tue 25 Aug 2020 7:31pm At the moment we have the better King anyway.

I think it was an egg, not a pod .

saynta
Saintsational Legend

George27 wrote: Wed 26 Aug 2020 7:49pm
saynta wrote: Tue 25 Aug 2020 7:31pm At the moment we have the better King anyway.

I think it was an egg, not a pod .
Ya got me. 🤭🤭

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Tend to agree.
Don't get me wrong...I hope you're right.

Nee!
SunnyErnest
Club Player

That's the beauty of grabbing a FA. It makes getting Jye possible which would a sensational outcome.

Who is StoneCold??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
saintkev
Club Player

darylcowie wrote: Wed 26 Aug 2020 4:43pm
We haven't had a fit Carlisle for several seasons, but Ben King is not he answer there, Josh Battle is.

Battle reads the play as well as Carlisle, is more courageous, harder, has a much bigger engine, is more agile and has good hands.

In fact, why isn't he playing Carlisle's role now?

As for Ben King, he would have to play down back in any team that has his brother in it, otherwise the same type of player is playing forward and who would he replace in the backline, Howard or Battle?
Too true about Carlisle, Daryl. For all of the reasons that you articulated, Carlisle is not the future. He chases like a man running in quicksand and hits packs like a limp lettuce leaf. Battle and (Add in) Roberton are harder and team-oriented. Both put their bodies on the line.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Poor old Carlisle. Sometimes this season I've seen him trying to chase people about or lay a tackle. Makes me feel a bit sorry for him. Not his natural game. Some players are 'see ball, get ball'. He's more 'see ball, see ball, not see ball'.