5 games left - the run home

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

johnearljames
Club Player

5 games left - the run home

We are 2 games clear of 8th at the moment.

Do we only need to win 2 more to make the 8 as our % is quite good???

I can only pencil in Hawthorn in a game I am fully confident we will win out of the next 5 but we are definitely a chance in the other 4 games.

Up next:
Brisbane
Melbourne
Hawthorn
West Coast
GWS (last game)

Its f****** crunch time. If we beat the Bears on Sunday then I think we're in. I can't wait.

Luckily the Bulldogs, GWS and Essendon who are 9th, 10th and 11th have a % under 100 at the moment which helps too.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: 5 games left - the run home

%. is not going to be a factor with the druggies who have 2 points for a draw.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully the club is focused on winning every game and not worried about teams that are 9-11.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 2:04pm %. is not going to be a factor with the druggies who have 2 points for a draw.
The Injectors play Richmond this weekend then the Dawks but run home is Eagles, Cats, Port and Melbourne. That's brutal.

Of that lot - I can see them beating only the Dawks (hopefully they have another line in the sand game and belt the sh1t out of them) but none of the others.

Don't think their 2 extra points will come into it

Go you red, black & white warriors
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Stuff just making it.

I want the double chance.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
johnearljames
Club Player

I'm just happy if the Sainters make it given its nearly a decade but yes, a top 4 finish would be nice.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah throw the kitchen sink imo.

Every game is winnable and we should be looking to win them all.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
stkfc1
Club Player

We win tomorrow we're a Top 4 chance. If we loose we must beat Melbourne the following week. The old 8 point game.

Of those still in the 8, Collingwood looks most vulnerable. If the unthinkable happens and they loose to NM this week, they're just about done.
Bombers are out. Horrible run home and they're done anyways. Stick a fork in them.
Doggies, GWS Melb all have reasonably tough runs home and we play GWS last so big game there. With Melb having to play both of them so that helps our cause.

Outside of 8 Carlton still a good chance especially if they can knock off GC tonight and Magies next week. Loose either though and it's goodnight for them you'd think.

Luckily our fate is in our hands and not dependent on other results and some of the teams around us, we get to play so we can end their run also. Exciting times ahead. Go Saints!!

johnearljames
Club Player

stkfc1 wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 3:35pm We win tomorrow we're a Top 4 chance. If we loose we must beat Melbourne the following week. The old 8 point game.

Of those still in the 8, Collingwood looks most vulnerable. If the unthinkable happens and they loose to NM this week, they're just about done.
Bombers are out. Horrible run home and they're done anyways. Stick a fork in them.
Doggies, GWS Melb all have reasonably tough runs home and we play GWS last so big game there. With Melb having to play both of them so that helps our cause.

Outside of 8 Carlton still a good chance especially if they can knock off GC tonight and Magies next week. Loose either though and it's goodnight for them you'd think.

Luckily our fate is in our hands and not dependent on other results and some of the teams around us, we get to play so we can end their run also. Exciting times ahead. Go Saints!!
Good summary. A few teams will play each other too which always helps the points balance.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 3:35pm We win tomorrow
We will be shagged for our game against the Lions on Sunday though ;)

But yes, if we can knock of the Lions we are a good chance for top 4.

Lose that and we will still need 2 wins to play finals, and especially one win over the Dees or GWS.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

One game at a time & obviously try & win but injury & fatigue will play a big part & we have a pretty hard run home so I would be happy just to play finals but over the moon if we could finish top 4 . It's been a long time since we made the 8 so I "m
trying not get too excited just yet

ace
Saintsational Legend

It's time to sort the pretenders.
If you can't beat the other contenders then you are pretenders.
Go get 'em Saints.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 3:35pm We win tomorrow we're a Top 4 chance. If we loose we must beat Melbourne the following week. The old 8 point game.

We'll thrash Melbourne.
We've won 17 out of last 20 against them since 2007
And 19 of the last 24 games since 2005.
We've got their number.
And how I want to be in that number when the Saints go marchin' in.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
johnearljames
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 8:28pm

We'll thrash Melbourne.
We've won 17 out of last 20 against them since 2007
And 19 of the last 24 games since 2005.
We've got their number.
And how I want to be in that number when the Saints go marchin' in.
Hope so. Its going to be a weird game as its being played in the Alice. The weather must be nice there.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Believe we will win 5 of the 6 - possibly dropping the WCE game.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

johnearljames wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 3:39pm

Good summary. A few teams will play each other too which always helps the points balance.
Yep, us, Melb and GWS all play each other, so those games will be critical. Win them both and we’re virtually certain to play finals.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 22 Aug 2020 12:52pm Believe we will win 5 of the 6 - possibly dropping the WCE game.
I can’t see us beating the Eagles but playing them in Brisbane makes a huge difference.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
stkfc1
Club Player

Confident of beating Melbourne next week after watching Doggies game. They're pretty ordinary.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Sat 22 Aug 2020 5:10pm Confident of beating Melbourne next week after watching Doggies game. They're pretty ordinary.

Dogs were too quick for them. So good sign for us.

Dees losing by a good margin great for us as it dropped their % to only 112. So costs them both the 4 points and their % advantage over us.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....