Mods on Big Footy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Mods on Big Footy

! Message from: remboy
meher baba wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 8:04am Now that I am entering into my dotage, I find that I have a photographic memory for irrelevant stuff from the past, but I can't remember anything useful like where I parked the car.

Anyway, according to my memory, it was a poster who called himself CarlosA who called everyone "muppets." There was a poster who called himself Cowboy something or other who used his avatar of a muppet in Saints' gear for many years afterwards.
Just as long as you remember the important stuff MB lol

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

hey mate :D

how about the Watloc

coming up onto lands end from the southern cliffs
via the Dunnally Canal

do u remember that ‘story’ ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

blowme still uses that piccy on Mates
as an avatar

so good to see ya about again
... 10 thumbs up

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

meher baba wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 8:04am Now that I am entering into my dotage, I find that I have a photographic memory for irrelevant stuff from the past, but I can't remember anything useful like where I parked the car.

Anyway, according to my memory, it was a poster who called himself CarlosA who called everyone "muppets." There was a poster who called himself Cowboy something or other who used his avatar of a muppet in Saints' gear for many years afterwards.
I do believe you are correct MB. Brilliant recall. If I remember correctly he was the recipient of the best spray I ever gave anyone, ever. Guy made P66 look like an angel....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 9:26am

I do believe you are correct MB. Brilliant recall. If I remember correctly he was the recipient of the best spray I ever gave anyone, ever. Guy made P66 look like an angel....
I recall getting a spray off you once. It was quite hurtful. :)

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 9:58am

I got one from you too Pav (more than one over the years actually :wink: ) that I remember quite vividly and it changed the way I post (odd relapse from time to time).
One of those... you were right on the money but I didn’t want to publically acknowledge that so I kept arguing at the time ones.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I thought you were bulletproof.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 12:04pm

I got one from you too Pav (more than one over the years actually :wink: ) that I remember quite vividly and it changed the way I post (odd relapse from time to time).
One of those... you were right on the money but I didn’t want to publically acknowledge that so I kept arguing at the time ones.
That's appalling, Skeptic. Sorry!

I think I remember; it was back in the day. Believe it or not, with the passage of time, I've softened my views on some of these issues.

While I've given as much as I've got over the years, I have made an effort to improve my behaviour. Still, far from perfect. I'll still have a go back if I think someone has been unfair to me.

I tend to gloss over posts I disagree with these days simply because what I or anyone else says won't change a thing.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 2:13pm

I thought you were bulletproof.
I wish. :D

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

I'd believe that, there was a time, believe it or not, when a spray from True Believer wasn't as exclusive as it is now.....I've tried to leverage over more into the high-end (and high priced) area of the market..... :D

IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 2:18pm

I think I remember; it was back in the day. Believe it or not, with the passage of time, I've softened my views on some of these issues.

While I've given as much as I've got over the years, I have made an effort to improve my behaviour. Still, far from perfect. I'll still have a go back if I think someone has been unfair to me.

I tend to gloss over posts I disagree with these days simply because what I or anyone else says won't change a thing.
No apology necessary at all... like you I too was giving as good as I got.
The context of the post was obsessing over something that was 5 or so years old at that point and you pointed out how many times I kept bringing it up.

Like you, I’ve generally tried to clean up my behaviour and whilst not perfect, have gotten a bit better. It’s hard if ppl focus on you to not get sucked in to doing it back. Doesn’t work that well for the forum unfortunately.

I try for the most part to steer clear of it now but my stalkers suck me in from time to time.

FWIW, that little interaction with us taught me the value in letting things go as you’ve gone from something of a rival here to a forumite whose contributions I’ve really come or enjoy... there’s a lot of value in letting bygones be bygones

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 3:44pm

The context of the post was obsessing over something that was 5 or so years old at that point and you pointed out how many times I kept bringing it up.

Like you, I’ve generally tried to clean up my behaviour and whilst not perfect, have gotten a bit better. It’s hard if ppl focus on you to not get sucked in to doing it back. Doesn’t work that well for the forum unfortunately.

I try for the most part to steer clear of it now but my stalkers suck me in from time to time.

FWIW, that little interaction with us taught me the value in letting things go as you’ve gone from something of a rival here as a forumite whose contributions I’ve really come or enjoy... there’s a lot of value in letting bygones be bygones
That's awesome personal growth. I hope to have some of that one day. For now I'm still operating on the "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" model....

saynta
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 3:47pm

FWIW, that little interaction with us taught me the value in letting things go as you’ve gone from something of a rival here as a forumite whose contributions I’ve really come or enjoy... there’s a lot of value in letting bygones be bygones
That's awesome personal growth. I hope to have some of that one day. For now I'm still operating on the "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" model....
:)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

It is easier to stay out of trouble these days and the mods have cleaned the place up. :D :D
Last edited by saynta on Fri 21 Aug 2020 6:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 3:47pm

It’s a good model

Secret Kiel
Club Player

This is turning into a love-in. Should I get into my sixties hippy gear and smoke a joint.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

asiu: "how about the Watloc

coming up onto lands end from the southern cliffs
via the Dunnally Canal

do u remember that ‘story’ ?"

I remember you telling me something about it, but not the details. Is it some sort of a Loch Ness monster type thingy?

An Indigenous bloke i used to know (died young like too many of them)once showed me a picture taken from a helicopter in which you could supposedly see the Rainbow Serpent under the surface of the Darling River.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

FWIW, that little interaction with us taught me the value in letting things go as you’ve gone from something of a rival here to a forumite whose contributions I’ve really come or enjoy... there’s a lot of value in letting bygones be bygones
Likewise, Skeptic. Cheers.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 3:43pm

I'd believe that, there was a time, believe it or not, when a spray from True Believer wasn't as exclusive as it is now.....I've tried to leverage over more into the high-end (and high priced) area of the market..... :D
Know your target market. Smart.

I didn't say that I didn't enjoy it.

:lol:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

This thread has potential

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 4:16pm This is turning into a love-in. Should I get into my sixties hippy gear and smoke a joint.
Don't be jealous. Join in. :lol:

Secret Kiel
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 4:59pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 4:16pm This is turning into a love-in. Should I get into my sixties hippy gear and smoke a joint.
Don't be jealous. Join in. :lol:
Well I would if you'd pass it over...😉

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

a collective hug thread ?

Is it ok if I don't hug Ted ?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 6:59pm a collective hug thread ?

Is it ok if I don't hug Ted ?
Sorry to spoil the party but here are a couple I would still give a wide berth to, and Ted ain't one of them.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Well sorry to break up this pathetic little nostalgic love in but you can all get stuffed

Most of you just spout inane bulls***

It's painfully obvious that there is only one poster that truly matters and is correct in everything he says

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!