Pumped for the Lions this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Pumped for the Lions this week

Really excited for this match! Feel a scalp coming on. Knock em off and roll Melbourne and we could be set for top 4.

Lose both and me will struggle to land the 8

Reckon we have the belief and the form should be there. Can’t wait!

#1 Ryder fan
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pumped for the Lions this week

Am both excited and nervous... biggest game of the season for us.
We had big wins against Richmond and Port which gained us cred but then we also had 2 rather bad losses against Collingwood and Geelong which weakened our grip on the top 4.

We’ll learn a lot this weekend because Brisbane are a quality but they’re not invincible.

Huge test for us.

Would be good to see an experienced campaigner like Seb Ross remind us of what his very best looks like now that he’s had a rest and a run. That would go a long way towards a win

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020 8:14pm Am both excited and nervous... biggest game of the season for us.
We had big wins against Richmond and Port which gained us cred but then we also had 2 rather bad losses against Collingwood and Geelong which weakened our grip on the top 4.

We’ll learn a lot this weekend because Brisbane are a quality but they’re not invincible.

Huge test for us.

Would be good to see an experienced campaigner like Seb Ross remind us of what his very best looks like now that he’s had a rest and a run. That would go a long way towards a win
Might get a go at Lachie Neale?

I bet if he does and keeps him quite most people on here won’t even notice because be got less than 20 possessions.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020 8:32pm
skeptic wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020 8:14pm Am both excited and nervous... biggest game of the season for us.

Huge test for us.

I bet if he does and keeps him quite most people on here won’t even notice because be got less than 20 possessions.
Probably mate.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Feel like it could be a shootout, hopefully our boys choose to go 100% for the whole game.

Need to beat one (or both) of Brisbane and Melbourne, I was a bit more confident a few weeks ago!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020 8:50pm

Huge test for us.

Probably mate.
I for one will be rapt if that happens
Nothing would please me more than having my low opinion of Ross‘s contribution completely quashed.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I'm looking forward to seeing what we learnt from our Geelong loss when we play Brisbane. I hope our 2nd half against Essendon was just us easing up being down on rotations, sadly our 3rd quarters may suggest otherwise.

Andrews is an excellent full back, Max will be earning his nomination. Membrey, Butler, Lonie / Kent will need to get busy on Sunday.

I like the idea of Ross being challenged by a defensive role on Neale but I think Steele will take him. I hope Bytel gets some minutes on him, you cannot buy that experience.

The Melbourne game in Alice is one I'm looking forward to. They have hit some form. I suspect if we win one of these two games it is about where I think we're at. Win two & it's time to loosen the lid. Win zero & I'll call that a reality check.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Huge test for us.

I'm by no means Seb's greatest fan but, I'd love him t be deployed in roles like nullifying players like Lachie Neale - I reckon he could add some massive value (so that Steele could play more offensively)

Go you red, black & white warriors
Sanctorum
Club Player

Just as this shapes as a "make or break" match for St Kilda, it is also the case for Seb Ross and like others I hope he has the task of keeping Lachie Neale quiet, allowing Jack Steele and Jack Bytel to win the clearances and pump the ball forward.

The other critical player is Bradley Hill, a real wild card and if he's on fire the Saints will be unstoppable.

Need to make a strong start and with Stefan Martin out the Saints rucks should get first use of the ball.

Lions are hot favourites but if recent form is a guide that is far from a foregone conclusion.

When one door closes and another door opens, you are probably in prison..

Sometimes, someone unexpected comes into your life out of nowhere, makes your heart race, and changes you forever. We call those people cops.

My luck is like a bald guy who just won a comb.

Anon
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

How come no one has come up with the "I'ts a danger game" yet ?
we just got the "make or Break " :)
"Huge Test" :)
Come on guys there has to a few more rippers.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

We have just as good form. We have the class. We can do it.
Not so long ago we had a coach that let Cameron and Betts ruin D. McKenzie and no tactics to stop the BNE run.
That has changed, we have Ratts plus a brains trust that has had a couple of useful reality checks (yes Daniel is much better now, thanks for asking, but will sit this one out). So
Pump up the jam, pump it up, get your booty on the sherrin and make my day, make my day - apologies to Technotronic, but I'm so excited.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It has to be a team effort. Brisbane play a high press and try and lock it in their forward line. There'll be lots of pressure so we have to run in packs and be clean with possessions. Carlisle needs to play higher up the ground and King and Ryder need to hold their marks.

I think it's going to be a lot closer than the betting indicates

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Bring our very best game & we are a chance but needs to be our very best no fade outs no sit back & wait for someone else to do it a full 4 quarter commitment & IMO we are half a chance . On the flip side if we don't it could get ugly quickly

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

skeptic wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020 8:14pm We’ll learn a lot this weekend because Brisbane are a quality but they’re not invincible.

Huge test for us.
Someone much more qualified at footy then me once, famously, said "If it bleeds, we can kill it".....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

True Believer wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 8:02pm
skeptic wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020 8:14pm We’ll learn a lot this weekend because Brisbane are a quality but they’re not invincible.

Huge test for us.
Someone much more qualified at footy then me once, famously, said "If it bleeds, we can kill it".....
:)

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020 9:50pm Feel like it could be a shootout, hopefully our boys choose to go 100% for the whole game.

Need to beat one (or both) of Brisbane and Melbourne, I was a bit more confident a few weeks ago!
Melbourne? Pfft. Not even in the same sport as Brisbane, not to mention league.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Brisbane look to me like a more experienced GC. We need to get our running game happening big time. We will beat them.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Best players last time we beat them.

1. Jack Steven
2. Blake Acres

Incredibly, we are favorites on sportsbet*news ...are they legit or what?

Most tipsters Brisbane.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
stkfc1
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Fri 21 Aug 2020 8:42pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020 9:50pm Feel like it could be a shootout, hopefully our boys choose to go 100% for the whole game.

Melbourne? Pfft. Not even in the same sport as Brisbane, not to mention league.
Melbourne looked very ordinary today. They are so slow and their kicking skills are woeful. Should win.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 22 Aug 2020 4:27pm Best players last time we beat them.

1. Jack Steven
2. Blake Acres

Incredibly, we are favorites on sportsbet*news ...are they legit or what?

Most tipsters Brisbane.
The last time we had beaten Adelaide before this year Milne, Dal Santo and Goddard got Brownlow votes.

I don’t know what sportsbet*news is, but Brisbane are definitely favourites.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sat 22 Aug 2020 5:45pm I don’t know what sportsbet*news is, but Brisbane are definitely favourites.

Also don’t know.
In Japan, a lot of betting odds blocked from Australia so I think there maybe a dodgy shadow website market set up to mimic the ‘legit’ Aussie gambling sites.

Dunno. Has the .au bit on the end.

https://news.sportsbet.com.au/afl/afl-round-13-preview/

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 22 Aug 2020 6:27pm
kosifantutti wrote: Sat 22 Aug 2020 5:45pm I don’t know what sportsbet*news is, but Brisbane are definitely favourites.

Also don’t know.
In Japan, a lot of betting odds blocked from Australia so I think there maybe a dodgy shadow website market set up to mimic the ‘legit’ Aussie gambling sites.

From the link above:
Their tips are:
Head-to-head: St Kilda Saints

Best bet: Line – St Kilda Saints +15.5

But the Odds are 1.4 to 2.88 in Brisbanes Favour

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 22 Aug 2020 7:29pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 22 Aug 2020 6:27pm

Also don’t know.

From the link above:
Their tips are:
Head-to-head: St Kilda Saints

Best bet: Line – St Kilda Saints +15.5

But the Odds are 1.4 to 2.88 in Brisbanes Favour
Bloody hell.
Talk about dodgy.
Gambling already dodgy enough.
Web plus gambling outlet dodgy.

All their graphics made to look like SportsBet..except, notice the dodgy team pictures/icons. Looks like the handy work of some dude who was a teen in ten 90s.

Wow.

Unlike the real SportsBet who are all fine fellows and good gals.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The Lions have only beaten us five times in fifteen years! :shock:

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I would like Ross to run with Neale to free up Steele.
Ross being a negator is nice.
Steele is a far better ball user and he's been let off the chain in 2020, he's a great valuable contributer.
Ross is not, too many panicked up n down kicks, and handballs to a guy's feet.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee