Ross to be traded I’m calling it!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross to be traded I’m calling it!!

Saintmatt wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:37pm
saynta wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:33pm
Saintmatt wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:32pm
saynta wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:31pm What a rubbish post.
Wrong again. Stop trying to Constantly defend the indefensible. You’re making yourself look like a goose on this topic as usual
Who is the goose ffs.?
You. You are so blind on Ross I’m sad for you. I’m actually embarrassed for you. Give it up and see what the majority do.
Sad, embarrassed for me? What f****** nonsense :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .He was named in our best payers in two of the past three games, not that footballing nuff nuff's would acknowledge that

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:47pm
saynta wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:40pm
Vazelos wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:38pm
Show some content not just write garbage..
If you want to defend him tell us why he should stay and how he is going to take us to the top.
He is a glorified B grader...
Pot kettle black. You accusing me of writing garbage? What would you call your post.? I'm sure the club would agree with me, not you or your mate.
As usual - you offer nothing in terms of an intellectual rebuttal or discussion when you want to disagree with a post. Just “rubbish”.

Are you a 12yo girl by chance? Serious question - b/c that’s the type of response you get from that type when challenged.
Ask the club if they agree with you. I know what their answer will be. God there is some rubbish posted by arrogant know nothings on this site, especially after a loss like today.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Ross has never been A grade.

He’s been overtaken by blokes like Steele, Billings, Jones, Coff, Clark, Long etc.

I would rather Dunstan than him.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:33pm Ross has never been A grade.

He’s been overtaken by blokes like Steele, Billings, Jones, Coff, Clark, Long etc.

Now let’s not go crazy.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:03pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:49pm
If you want to defend him tell us why he should stay and how he is going to take us to the top.
Pot kettle black. You accusing me of writing garbage? What would you call your post.? I'm sure the club would agree with me, not you or your mate.
As usual - you offer nothing in terms of an intellectual rebuttal or discussion when you want to disagree with a post. Just “rubbish”.

Are you a 12yo girl by chance? Serious question - b/c that’s the type of response you get from that type when challenged.
Ironically you come accross as a 12 yo groupie girl.
He gives no content just dumps on the post..
I called Mc Kenzie early last year as no good, I called Dunstan a few years ago got smashed by the “ intel king” at the time who was lauded as some Demi god..I forgot his name... he is a quality poster no issues with him he was upset at my post at the time but I was proven right...
He said he was a future leader at the club I said he is nowhere near it...
We needed speed I mentioned that many times and so have many others...
We now need a quality A list let mid and some leadership...
Ross is neither.... he goes missing in tough games and he doesn’t hurt the opposition...
He isn’t tough or desperate enough to be a great inside mid and he isn’t quick or classy enough to hurt on the outside....
His hands are ok but not great...
He is a B grader I think he has some currency...
Trade he and Dunstan put next year...
Savage will go and Carlisle is borderline with his contract expiring and his back and big salary..
We are carrying Hannabery we can’t carry too many others...
And I though your first post was bad enough. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:34pm

Now let’s not go crazy.
Haha, which part?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Seb , who was playing a negating roll actually had more possessions than 12 other saints players. There are a few I would be dropping/trading before him. I might add.

For the record, I don't believe anyone has ever claimed Ross was an A grade player FFS. So lets stop with the bulls***. I know we are all a tad disappointing with that atrocious performance but the fault lies with the whole team not just one or two favourite punching bags.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:35pm

Now let’s not go crazy.
Haha, which part?
The part about Dunstan...

To the top
SS Life Member

We got found out last week when Carlton responded to our “lock down” contingent by playing around on the chess board, our “lock down” contingent exposed (plus Hannebery going off)

This week the same

Fremantle played with the chess board

And our “lock down” players were seriously exposed because they did not have their designated opponent (because they could not compete where their opponent was moved to)

Time needs to be called on Ross, Geary, Kent, Lonie and Marsh because they expose us and worse, because of their numbers put just too much pressure on our footballers to win games

Ryder needs to return with Marshall up forward

And if the likes of Byrnes and Bytel can play football they need to be included

A young side?

Yes

But this is about the next 5 years

Vazelos
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:35pm

I called Mc Kenzie early last year as no good, I called Dunstan a few years ago got smashed by the “ intel king” at the time who was lauded as some Demi god..I forgot his name... he is a quality poster no issues with him he was upset at my post at the time but I was proven right...
Ross is neither.... he goes missing in tough games and he doesn’t hurt the opposition...
He isn’t tough or desperate enough to be a great inside mid and he isn’t quick or classy enough to hurt on the outside....
Savage will go and Carlisle is borderline with his contract expiring and his back and big salary..
Another Mother statement with no content, I dont come in here every day & write sweet nothings all day but when i do I put my self on the line with things I see.
We will see if Ross, Dunstan, Carlisle (50/50), Savage & Mckenzie are there next year.
How Mckenzie got 3 years is the biggest question in AFL circles, the Port Recruiting team fell off their chairs when they read it.

Look forward to some of your opinions if you have any...

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 6:10pm
saynta wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:35pm

Another Mother statement with no content, I dont come in here every day & write sweet nothings all day but when i do I put my self on the line with things I see.
We will see if Ross, Dunstan, Carlisle (50/50), Savage & Mckenzie are there next year.
How Mckenzie got 3 years is the biggest question in AFL circles, the Port Recruiting team fell off their chairs when they read it.

Yeah, I do. Ross and Carlisle will be with the saints in 2021, Dunstan 50/50. Savage and McKenzie gonesky.

You say you put yourself on the line. Good on ya, but others are allowed to express an opinion on your opinion on this site. It's called a footy forum.

I am of the firmly held view that a number of posters who failed to recognise Seb's footballing talents in previous years and were red faced when he was made vice captain and won two best and fairest and was runner up in a third, never miss an opportunity to put s*** on him.He is neither slow or has slow hands as has been posted on here numerous times, including today.

This year he is playing a more defensive, negating roll at the coach's directions. I am betting Ratts is more than happy with him

Others can have a different opinion, but if I think that opinion is not born out by the facts, I am happy to say so.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Now let’s not go crazy.
Pay that. That indeed would be a bridge too far

Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:52pm Seb , who was playing a negating roll actually had more possessions than 12 other saints players. There are a few I would be dropping/trading before him. I might add.

For the record, I don't believe anyone has ever claimed Ross was an A grade player FFS. So lets stop with the bulls***. I know we are all a tad disappointing with that atrocious performance but the fault lies with the whole team not just one or two favourite punching bags.
Agreed. But this thread is about Ross. Possession count matters little though when they don’t go our way in the chain. You might as well play one short.

And what exactly is with his handball overhead thing this season? FFS - Ross is confusing himself with Bont. He’s not; he’s not a hair on Bont’s ball bag

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 6:33pm
saynta wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:52pm Seb , who was playing a negating roll actually had more possessions than 12 other saints players. There are a few I would be dropping/trading before him. I might add.

- Ross is confusing himself with Bont. He’s not; he’s not a hair on Bont’s ball bag
Pretty offensive comment about the saints vice captain and two times best and fairest winner. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Really, comment is not worth responding to, but kinda shows what sort of a supporter you are.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Ross escaped scrutiny because Newnes was worse!
Now I'm getting why Hannebery was brought in!

As for Hill, I just checked his stats:
-started one year before the much maligned Billings and his Brownlow medal vote count is 15 in 8 years vs 28 in Billings' 7!!
Hardly compelling figures for a bloke on that sort of coin and who we had to sell the farm (current and future) for.,

saynta
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 6:37pm

As for Hill, I just checked his stats:
-started one year before the much maligned Billings and his Brownlow medal vote count is 15 in 8 years vs 28 in Billings' 7!!
Hardly compelling figures for a bloke on that sort of coin and who we had to sell the farm (current and future) for.,
Interesting comment. Last week, we were winners without any imput from Hill Jones or Hannas after half time. Maybe we should just stick with our own kids and forget the mercenaries.

They didn't do anything for us today.

Vazelos
Club Player

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I do. Ross and Carlisle will be with the saints in 2021, Dunstan 50/50. Savage and McKenzie gonesky.

You say you put yourself on the line. Good on ya, but others are allowed to express an opinion on your opinion on this site. It's called a footy forum.

I am of the firmly held view that a number of posters who failed to recognise Seb's footballing talents in previous years and were red faced when he was made vice captain and won two best and fairest and was runner up in a third, never miss an opportunity to put s*** on him.He is neither slow or has slow hands as has been posted on here numerous times, including today.

This year he is playing a more defensive, negating roll at the coach's directions. I am betting Ratts is more than happy with him

Others can have a different opinion, but if I think that opinion is not born out by the facts, I am happy to say so.
[/quote]
Thank you for your response I can discuss this as you have given your opinion without dumping.
I actually called Seb Ross to have a break out year when he was still battling to make it as a player I saw his qualities. The platform in context were as a bottom 4 team I now write this in the hope of being a top 4 team.
Different expectations..... we were favorites today & we lost we need to ask why?
There were many poor performances but I am looking at the areas where we have to keep improving & that is Leadership and Midfield.
Seb Ross goes missing for me & when he is down he stays down.
Today we needed someone to step up, do something to stem the tide.
A desperate act, a brutal act,something to change the momentum. He never does.
He got caught with the ball 2/3 times he is not an outstanding inside mid and he is not outstanding outside he is just B Grade. B Grade ability B Minus Grade leadership. He has currency I just think if Bytel &/or Byrnes show something & we can attract a greater talent then we should look at him
Good player just not excellent & you need very good to be a top 4 team....Cotchin is the level I would want from Ross.
Hard, a little bit nasty, will do something in a game to turn things around...
Ross just goes in his shell when the heat is on...
Carlisle is out of contract has a bad back & is on good money he would have to take a pay cut to stay I hope he does we still need him..He is keeping Logan Austin out who knows if he has potential at 25 we still dont know. Brown will retire shortly.
I hope Ross can prove me wrong & its not doing well next week against the crows its doing well when we need him to... win a game when we should not be winning....

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 6:45pm
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Thank you for your response I can discuss this as you have given your opinion without dumping.
I actually called Seb Ross to have a break out year when he was still battling to make it as a player I saw his qualities. The platform in context were as a bottom 4 team I now write this in the hope of being a top 4 team.
Different expectations..... we were favorites today & we lost we need to ask why?
There were many poor performances but I am looking at the areas where we have to keep improving & that is Leadership and Midfield.
Seb Ross goes missing for me & when he is down he stays down.
Today we needed someone to step up, do something to stem the tide.
A desperate act, a brutal act,something to change the momentum. He never does.
He got caught with the ball 2/3 times he is not an outstanding inside mid and he is not outstanding outside he is just B Grade. B Grade ability B Minus Grade leadership. He has currency I just think if Bytel &/or Byrnes show something & we can attract a greater talent then we should look at him
Good player just not excellent & you need very good to be a top 4 team....Cotchin is the level I would want from Ross.
Hard, a little bit nasty, will do something in a game to turn things around...
Ross just goes in his shell when the heat is on...
Carlisle is out of contract has a bad back & is on good money he would have to take a pay cut to stay I hope he does we still need him..He is keeping Logan Austin out who knows if he has potential at 25 we still dont know. Brown will retire shortly.
I hope Ross can prove me wrong & its not doing well next week against the crows its doing well when we need him to... win a game when we should not be winning....
[/quote]

I hope Ross proves you wrong too. Fervently. :wink: :wink:

Vazelos
Club Player

Saynta just read your posts about Dunstan in 2016 when I identified him as a player that I questioned his ability to be a long term solution for the club back in 2016 you were backing jaxon in the pro Dunstan camp back then now you claim my post about Seb Ross is rubbish...
Hope you are right this time and Seb becomes the leader we need him to be....
I saw Seb stepping up in his early days when he had his break out year but as a B & F winner and leader of this team he isn’t doing enough...
He needs to be a more dominant player and leader in this team...
If you can’t see that then we are watching different games...
Monday night he has a chance against the worst team in the league to do that and then the following week against the best performed team...
Let’s see how he goes....
I didn’t identify Hill as he has a 5 year contract with us and is our star recruit he deserves a bigger spray but I was also talking about list management potential end of year and Ross has some currency for a potential trade if we can get the right players in.... I know it’s an aggressive bold move but he isn’t doing enough for me...

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Sun 19 Jul 2020 11:42am Saynta just read your posts about Dunstan in 2016 when I identified him as a player that I questioned his ability to be a long term solution for the club back in 2016 you were backing jaxon in the pro Dunstan camp back then now you claim my post about Seb Ross is rubbish...
I saw Seb stepping up in his early days when he had his break out year but as a B & F winner and leader of this team he isn’t doing enough...
Monday night he has a chance against the worst team in the league to do that and then the following week against the best performed team...
I didn’t identify Hill as he has a 5 year contract with us and is our star recruit he deserves a bigger spray but I was also talking about list management potential end of year and Ross has some currency for a potential trade if we can get the right players in.... I know it’s an aggressive bold move but he isn’t doing enough for me...
Me backing jaxon? Would be a first if true. Maybe I was just backing Dunstan...still am. :wink:

Seb will never be traded unless he wants to go ffs.

Sanctorum
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 19 Jul 2020 11:49am
Vazelos wrote: Sun 19 Jul 2020 11:42am Saynta just read your posts about Dunstan in 2016 when I identified him as a player that I questioned his ability to be a long term solution for the club back in 2016 you were backing jaxon in the pro Dunstan camp back then now you claim my post about Seb Ross is rubbish...
Me backing jaxon? Would be a first if true. Maybe I was just backing Dunstan...still am. :wink:

Your admiration for Seb Ross is admirable Saynta but surely you would agree that he needs to pick up his game significantly against the Crows.

Notwithstanding Ross' multi B&Fs it his lack of impact with the ball that I find exasperating and at age 27 he should be a far more influential player instead of "fair average".

Every team that makes finals have one or more elite midfielders and right now St Kilda IMHO doesn't have one - only Zak Jones, Jack Steele and Dan Hannebery are performing "above average", with Billings, Gresham, Clark on the cusp. Brad Hill has been elite (which is why he was lured across with a big pay packet) and should find that form again soon.

So I contend that unless Ross can elevate his game significantly in the remaining games this year then as a RFA I would go along with trading him out as part of the process for the club to bring in an elite midfielder.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Ross, Geary, Dunstan.......water treaders. Another way of saying they are GOP’s. Waiting for them to become elite or regularly have serious impact on games has been and will continue to be a long wait. The6 do some good things, but not enough.
Last edited by st.byron on Sun 19 Jul 2020 2:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I'm no expert, but when I see Ross kick blindly and stand like a witches hat afterwards, I wonder why he's not running to pick up an oppo player, or running to assist.
Does that as a habit. Doesn't move.

He's a liability.

It's nice getting 25 touches, but when they're ineffective and never to our advantage, he's a list clogger.

Trade him for a draft pick.
He's never going to be targeted by oppo coaches as one of our weapons.

He's like a Star Wars stormtrooper- they're also known to blaze away without hitting targets

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 19 Jul 2020 12:35pm
saynta wrote: Sun 19 Jul 2020 11:49am

Your admiration for Seb Ross is admirable Saynta but surely you would agree that he needs to pick up his game significantly against the Crows.

Notwithstanding Ross' multi B&Fs it his lack of impact with the ball that I find exasperating and at age 27 he should be a far more influential player instead of "fair average".

Every team that makes finals have one or more elite midfielders and right now St Kilda IMHO doesn't have one - only Zak Jones, Jack Steele and Dan Hannebery are performing "above average", with Billings, Gresham, Clark on the cusp. Brad Hill has been elite (which is why he was lured across with a big pay packet) and should find that form again soon.

So I contend that unless Ross can elevate his game significantly in the remaining games this year then as a RFA I would go along with trading him out as part of the process for the club to bring in an elite midfielder.
Says you.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 19 Jul 2020 2:02pm I'm no expert, but when I see Ross kick blindly and stand like a witches hat afterwards, I wonder why he's not running to pick up an oppo player, or running to assist.
Does that as a habit. Doesn't move.

He's a liability.

It's nice getting 25 touches, but when they're ineffective and never to our advantage, he's a list clogger.

Trade him for a draft pick.
He's never going to be targeted by oppo coaches as one of our weapons.

He's like a Star Wars stormtrooper- they're also known to blaze away without hitting targets
As I have posted before Seb has become the forums whipping boy. which is f****** disgraceful.

I know that certain forumites would be looking for a new target to direct their bile towards as soon as Newnes walked.. Didn't take long and was predictable.

Having said that Seb needs to lift his game on Monday night.

Would love to see him rub his detractors noses in the brown smelly stuff.