Brisbane are tanking.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brisbane are tanking.

Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses.
—Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

In latest news, Victorian stubs foot..looks around to blame someone.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

How does all this get Ben King to the club?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 6:56pm How does all this get Ben King to the club?
Good luck with that!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 5:36pm In latest news, Victorian stubs foot..looks around to blame someone.
Blame the victim....f*** off.

Don't you love it when you criticise the government and people say you're just being negative. 😂

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 7:11pm
The Fireman wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 5:36pm In latest news, Victorian stubs foot..looks around to blame someone.

Don't you love it when you criticise the government and people say you're just being negative. 😂
Time to take ownership to turn things around or simply just sit around blaming the government that always works 😂😂

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 7:15pm

Time to take ownership to turn things around or simply just sit around blaming the government that always works 😂😂
So says the bloke sitting on his lifetime MFB pension who can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Tell me oh torn one, how does the average Victorian citizen take ownership for quarantining returned international travellers?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

hung parliaments are always a good place to start

a parliament stocked full of independents
would be better

then the people might get some value for their dollar

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 9:44am
asiu wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 8:51am thats the the thing

no good marching off to war
worrying about your missus

eye on the ball stuff

wgaf if there’s an asterisk
wgaf about prize money

eye on the ball

all that other sh1t
including umpires , press intrusion on our game plan ,
bus rides , possible future/s , blah blah blah
got nothing to do
with getting the pill
and pinging it through the big sticks

so

why gaf about any of it ?

it aint relevant to the task at hand ... imo.

hopefully
thats where the Clubs at.

cop WHATEVER comes our way

then Win it anyway.

if thats not our plan
then i’m out.
Sure if you believe AFL players aren't effected by what is going on in this world atm. I know otherwise.

As is the case with all things in the entertainment industry, every word and image is carefully crafted and due to culture and contractual reasons the entertainments must strictly follow the script. It's good to see our boys being compliant.
Affected. :roll:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 7:39pm

So says the bloke sitting on his lifetime MFB pension who can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Tell me oh torn one, how does the average Victorian citizen take ownership for quarantining returned international travellers?
I chew and skip.
no worries mate keep blaming others .. if it makes you feel better then go for it. Everyone including returned travellers know the rules.
If everyone adhered to the rules then bang..all over..but nup .. let's blame the govt :)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 8:37pm
SaintPav wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 7:39pm

I chew and skip.
no worries mate keep blaming others .. if it makes you feel better then go for it. Everyone including returned travellers know the rules.
If everyone adhered to the rules then bang..all over..but nup .. let's blame the govt :)

Thanks for the PM. Wuss. 😂

Your premise is nonsensical.

The ALP are dodgy as all f***.

Now covering their arses by trying to scare the s*** out of the good people of Victoria, the vast majority who have followed the rules.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Stay at home Pav

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

Is it some kind of inferiority complex we have where the first good season we've had in a decade and all of a sudden people are popping up talking about how the other teams aren't really trying?

Geez. If there are other teams who 'just want this season over' then more fool them. There's a flag on the line and there won't be a bloody asterisk next to it in the record books.

Go Saints.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 7:44pm hung parliaments are always a good place to start

a parliament stocked full of independents
would be better

then the people might get some value for their dollar
Well, hung Parliaments aren't the answer. 😄

Jokes aside.

Victorian politics is a joke.

I don't know where to start.

Total lack of oversight of government policymakers and a very apathetic, ignorant and distracted electorate doesn't help.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone really believe we are in this position because people went out to visit family, support local business and catch up with friends at pubs?

This has happened for reasons beyond the above. For decisions made from people above a simple, law abiding, Victorian citizen.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Well, actually Victoria itself is a joke.

LOL at your well hung parliament though.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 9:19pm Is it some kind of inferiority complex we have where the first good season we've had in a decade and all of a sudden people are popping up talking about how the other teams aren't really trying?

Geez. If there are other teams who 'just want this season over' then more fool them. There's a flag on the line and there won't be a bloody asterisk next to it in the record books.

Go Saints.
It is an inferiority complex but "people" is giving too much credit to the inferior and negative.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 9:27pm Does anyone really believe we are in this position because people went out to visit family, support local business and catch up with friends at pubs?

This has happened for reasons beyond the above. For decisions made from people above a simple, law abiding, Victorian citizen.
No, Because of inept public servants and f***wit pollies who cared more about keeping their union mates happy, than keeping Aussies safe.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

If it had all been about the Red, White & Black shirts, I may feel a modicum of empathy but it was pure red and an absolute disgrace and ultimately the worst thing this State has been made to pay for...so far.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 9:19pm Is it some kind of inferiority complex we have where the first good season we've had in a decade and all of a sudden people are popping up talking about how the other teams aren't really trying?

Go Saints.
Spot on, this asterisk BS, this team isn’t trying, a premiership would be hollow is all s0ft c0ck apologists crap. Typical pissants who give up as soon as the going gets tough.

The teams are in uncharted waters this year and thrown in the deep end so to speak, to me the winner will be the mentally toughest who can push through, not the quitter who puts their cue in the rack.

If a professional sportsman picks and chooses when to perform they should not be playing.

Some Nuffie half wit even suggested Harvey’s first brownlow was compromised. To me he is a deserved 2 x brow low medalist.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Of course it’s not Victorian citizen’s fault, it’s Dan’s fault. Because the Victorian citizens who work under him hired a group of Victorian citizens to make sure other Victorian citizens did the right thing, but unfortunately both groups of Victorian citizens failed to follow the simple rules.

So again, clearly Victorian citizens hold no blame in this current f-up.

;)

Oh, and don’t tell me ScoMo is on holiday again? :lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 10:06pm

Go Saints.
Spot on, this asterisk BS, this team isn’t trying, a premiership would be hollow is all s0ft c0ck apologists crap. Typical pissants who give up as soon as the going gets tough.

The teams are in uncharted waters this year and thrown in the deep end so to speak, to me the winner will be the mentally toughest who can push through, not the quitter who puts their cue in the rack.

If a professional sportsman picks and chooses when to perform they should not be playing.

Some Nuffie half wit even suggested Harvey’s first brownlow was compromised. To me he is a deserved 2 x brow low medalist.
Agree. It really depends on which way you look at it. Teams just can't pick and choose which year they decide to turn up.

The home factor for most teams has been neutralised so we can now assess performance on pure talent.

This should be a footy heads dream but I reckon the season starts again this weekend.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Go Saints.

👍

In actual fact I would rate winning this year’s premiership as a tougher achievement than usual.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

The_Dud wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 10:24pm

Go Saints.

👍

In actual fact I would rate winning this year’s premiership as a tougher achievement than usual.
I agree winning this year in these atypical circumstances doesn't delegitimize any victory I think it enhances it. It's not easy to stay focused and mentally tough when everything is so chaotic. Sportsmen thrive on routine.

It's a credit that by all appearances so far -- I know we've got a long way to go -- we've not been one of those clubs who's just waiting for it to be over.

Go SAINTERS.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 10:20pm Of course it’s not Victorian citizen’s fault, it’s Dan’s fault. Because the Victorian citizens who work under him hired a group of Victorian citizens to make sure other Victorian citizens did the right thing, but unfortunately both groups of Victorian citizens failed to follow the simple rules.

So again, clearly Victorian citizens hold no blame in this current f-up.

;)

Oh, and don’t tell me ScoMo is on holiday again? :lol:
Correct, the Victorian citizens are not to blame. Thank you.

ScoMo deserves one, the fires are now out, thank god he came home because they got out of control once he went away. Such a pity he has to deal with Premiers who think they know better, even the ones who have the benefit of Confucius.