How come we ended up with 4 picks in the draft

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

How come we ended up with 4 picks in the draft

but only used two selections. The two picks in the 60,s could have been used to bid on Biggy whilst getting one pick back.

We didn't use those picks anyway.

Is Connolly a better prospect than Biggy? I wouldn't think so.

:roll: :roll: :evil:

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: How come we ended up with 4 picks in the draft

Biggy's best position is as key back. It is what he aspires to be and the experts suggest this is where he is best placed.
At St.Kilda he would be developed behind Battle, Wilkie, Roberton, Brown, Joyce and Carlisle. Even Clavarino was tipped to debut on his pre season last year before injury, so Biggy would have a big task ahead for a 3rd/4th round pick to get game time.
I'm not too disappointed.
Apart from Membrey, all of our tall forwards, Marshall, King.and Mayo.are unproven.
We needed another tall forward after we addressed some skill and speed deficiencies in our developing mids.
Bell and Marshall developing a Ruck/Forward combo with Ryder to mentor and Abbott as depth for the next 2 years makes a lot of sense.
It looks like we are investing in the Ruck/Forward idea.

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 29 Nov 2019 12:42pm Biggy's best position is as key back. It is what he aspires to be and the experts suggest this is where he is best placed.
At St.Kilda he would be developed behind Battle, Wilkie, Roberton, Brown, Joyce and Carlisle. Even Clavarino was tipped to debut on his pre season last year before injury, so Biggy would have a big task ahead for a 3rd/4th round pick to get game time.
Apart from Membrey, all of our tall forwards, Marshall, King.and Mayo.are unproven.
We needed another tall forward after we addressed some skill and speed deficiencies in our developing mids.
Bell and Marshall developing a Ruck/Forward combo with Ryder to mentor and Abbott as depth for the next 2 years makes a lot of sense.
You have included Brown. But he will definitely retire at the end of 2020.

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Fri 29 Nov 2019 1:51pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 29 Nov 2019 12:42pm Biggy's best position is as key back. It is what he aspires to be and the experts suggest this is where he is best placed.
Yes. But I forgot Howard.

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 29 Nov 2019 2:04pm
Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Fri 29 Nov 2019 1:51pm
Yes. But I forgot Howard.
Ok

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable