Could we deal Bruce for 26?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Could we deal Bruce for 26?

If we can’t do a deal with the Bulldogs (ideally 13 and 32 for Bruce and 18) Would Melbourne be interested to give us 26 for Bruce. I think they would jump at it!

We then trade that on for Zac Jones.

With 12 and 18 we should be able to get 10, Howard and Ryder from Port.

With 10 and Acres and next years third rounder for Hill and Fremantle’s next years fourth rounder.

Fremantle’s next years 4th Rounder or our next years 4th Rounder for Dan Butler.

Then with keep Steven or get a draft pick or player.

Just another way of doing things if the Bulldogs won’t be fair in their dealings for Bruce.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Re: Could we deal Bruce for 26?

. I'd take it. Seems reasonable. Sydney are reasonable, Melbourne are reasonable, but Freo are not.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Sun 13 Oct 2019 3:58pm If we can’t do a deal with the Bulldogs (ideally 13 and 32 for Bruce and 18) Would Melbourne be interested to give us 26 for Bruce. I think they would jump at it!

We then trade that on for Zac Jones.

With 12 and 18 we should be able to get 10, Howard and Ryder from Port.

With 10 and Acres and next years third rounder for Hill and Fremantle’s next years fourth rounder.

Fremantle’s next years 4th Rounder or our next years 4th Rounder for Dan Butler.

Then with keep Steven or get a draft pick or player.

Just another way of doing things if the Bulldogs won’t be fair in their dealings for Bruce.
All sounds fair to me. 13 and 32 for Bruce and 18 places Bruce at around pick 23 value. Wonder if the Dogs will deal at that price. Getting to the pointy end now so we will soon find out.
Silverhalo posted that Geelong have approached Hill. Can't read the article. Any substance to it? i thought Hill had made it clear he wants to come to the Saints. And yup.....Freo and Geelong can go get f*****.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Freo need more leverage than "well he can stay with us!". If Geelong are wanting StK to pay part of Steven's wage, they would have to baulk at what Hill has been offered by StK.

Freo would have been better approaching Melbourne. Melbourne need outside speed as desperately as we do. They could have reunited the Brayshaws & exchanged first round picks plus a future 2nd rounder or similar.

Sanctorum
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sun 13 Oct 2019 5:17pm
All sounds fair to me. 13 and 32 for Bruce and 18 places Bruce at around pick 23 value. Wonder if the Dogs will deal at that price. Getting to the pointy end now so we will soon find out.
Silverhalo posted that Geelong have approached Hill. Can't read the article. Any substance to it? i thought Hill had made it clear he wants to come to the Saints. And yup.....Freo and Geelong can go get f*****.
I haven't checked the records but I don't recall a player who has informed his club that he wants to be traded to another club ending up at a different club than the one he has nominated. In the case of Bill, he has accepted an offer of $4.5 million over 5 years from St Kilda, which makes it difficult for leading teams such as Geelong and Hawthorn to fit them in their respective caps. If Freo baulk and demand he stays he will be $300K p.a. worse off based on his current contract, which I would think he's not going to take lying down.

I'll be most surprised if any one of the "Famous Five" who want to play for the Saints in 2020 get blocked by their clubs, Lethlean, Allen & Co will get this done!

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Secret Kiel
Club Player

would Melbourne be willing to match or better the deal the Dogs are offering Josh? Not sure too many clubs would offer Josh a 4 year deal so it doesn't allow really for too much ar·gy-bar·gy. Got a feeling Simon and Ameet will get a deal done.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Big loss trading wise as Bruce is worth more than Jones by a clear margin. Say Pick 21 vs Pick 34.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....