What is your 2020 vision?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

Re: What is your 2020 vision?

st.byron wrote: Sun 06 Oct 2019 2:54pm Good OP BFUSA, a little on the optimistic side I reckon, but dreams are dreams. I would also love to swap Steven for Constable but don't reckon that will happen.

I also wonder how realistic it is to surmise that Freo will accept 13 plus Acres for Hill. Would do it if it was on offer, but I reckon they'll be wanting 6. Then they can really push for Kelly.

I'm also not a big fan of us continuing to give up future picks. It's like buying stuff on credit. You have to pay for it eventually, sometimes when you actually need liquidity. Would be nice to enter a trade period with picks in the bank.

I would also like to see Howard come in. Clearly Ratts and co want another big bodied defender, otherwise they wouldn't have gone after Keath. Howard is 23 and could turn out to be an excellent get. Not sure about letting Dunstan go, I've always been a fan. But you have to give to get. Would also be happy to see the back of Carlisle. It seems they are already planning for life beyond Jake and if Howard comes in, maybe Jake will suddenly be on the table.

Agree re Gray. No idea why we've even expressed interest in him. We have an abundance of small forwards already and Gray doesn't appear to be an upgrade on any of our existing small forwards.

Would also be happy to see Newnes to via free agency, but it seems no-one is really interested. Based on what Richmond for for Ellis, don't reckon we'd be getting a second rounder for Jack Newnes. Perhaps a third rounder.
Good response to an interesting initial opinion.

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote: Sat 05 Oct 2019 11:30pm Well trade week is upon us. What is your vision for 2020? Here is mine!

My Dream Trades would be:

Josh Bruce and pick 57 for pick 13 from Western Bulldogs. 13 is just too much for Bruce but they need him big time. Throwing in pick 57 makes it more attractive and justifiable for them. They will pick up Keath from Adelaide for a player swap (as Adelaide need players) and may use our 57 as a sweetener on that.

Pick 13 and Acres for Hill and a future 3rd rounder from Fremantle. Effectively this gives us Hill and retains our Pick 6 for the cost of Bruce and Acres and losing pick 57 this year and gaining a 3rd rounder next year.

Our pick 79 and Dunstan for Ryder and Howard. I am not interested in Gray due to our plethora of small forwards unless one of our small forwards becomes part of this trade. e.g. Lonie for Gray.

Steven and our future 3rd Rounder (not Fremantle’s future 3rd Rounder) for pick 17 from Geelong

Newnes compensation pick in the 2nd round so pick 25 or 3rd round pick 43.

Future second rounder for Zak Jones from Swans (they accepted future second rounder for Hannebery)

Carlisle and our pick 6 for Ben King - meaning Gold Coast get the same pick they used last year plus an experienced player

In: Hill, Ryder, B. King , Howard, Jones

Also Effectively In: Roberton, M. King, Bytel

This years draft picks: 17, 25 (or 43) and 69

Upgrades: Wilkie

Out: Bruce, Steven, Carlisle, Newnes, Acres, Dunstan

Delisting: Pierce, Armitage, Longer, Rowe (all retired)

Next years draft picks: 1st, 3rd (from Fremantle) and 4th round picks

That leaves us with coverage for:

Tall defenders: Brown, Howard, Joyce, Austin, B. King, Battle, Clavarino, Marsh

Intercepters: Roberton, Wilkie, McKenzie, White

Lock down small defender: Geary, Paton, Rice

Running defender: Savage, Jones, Webster, Coffield, Clark, Long, Hind

Inside mids: Hannebery, Steele, Jones, Bytel, Ross, Gresham

Outside mids: Hill, Billings, Hannebery, Sinclair, Jones, Gresham, Clark, Coffield, Young, Hind, Phillips

Small forwards: Gresham, Sinclair, Billings, Lonie, Long, Hind, Young, Kent, Parker

3rd Tall Forward: Membrey, Battle, Parker

Tall forward: M. King, McCartin, Howard, Joyce

Ruck / Forward: Marshall, Ryder, Howard, Joyce

We definitely need to draft or rookie a mature ruckman / forward e.g Corey Gault (WA)

My best team:

B: Geary Howard Wilkie
HB: Roberton B.King Webster
C: Clark Hannebery Hill
HF: Membrey Marshall Billings
F: Gresham M.King Sinclair

R: Ryder Ross Steele

Interchange: Jones, Bytel, Battle, Coffield

Emergency: Brown, Savage, Hind, Long

Note all the small forwards can play midfield minutes which is important in my view so that we have plenty of run in the tank come the last quarter.
My dream trades would be :

Carlisle for pick 25.
Hanners for pick 30.
Bruce for pick 20.
Steven for pick 32.
Newnws for pick 40.

Then

Trade pick 25 and 30 for pick 11
Trade pick 20 and 32 for pick 9

We now have draft picks 6, 9, 11, 40, 59, 76, 82

Then

Trade pick 6 for pick 19 and 23

We now have 9, 11, 19, 23, 40, 59, 76, 82

Take 9,11, 19 to the draft.
23 and 59 for Hill.
40 for Zones
76 and 82 for Ryder.
next years first for Bing.

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
ace
Saintsational Legend

It would be better for Gold Coast and St Kilda if Gold Coast were to face up to reality - Ben King is going to St kilda just a matter of when.
It would be best or both clubs to get the deal done and move on as soon as possible - B King to St Kilda for 2020 first round pick plus a player.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Tue 08 Oct 2019 1:48am It would be better for Gold Coast and St Kilda if Gold Coast were to face up to reality - Ben King is going to St kilda just a matter of when.
It would be best or both clubs to get the deal done and move on as soon as possible - B King to St Kilda for 2020 first round pick plus a player.
Yep. This is what I was thinking. Don't think it will happen though.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.