Trophy for Saintsational Player of the Year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Trophy for Saintsational Player of the Year

Please see below post regarding the Saintsational Player of the Year

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trophy for Saintsational Player of the Year

Good morning all

I have decided to organise the below trophy, could someone double check spelling etc:

If anyone want to contribute it is costing $300.00 for the trophy and all the engraving including the colour plate for the Award name.

PM me if you want to contribute. Maybe we can get the trophy to someone at the B & F and it can actually be presented

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

far out brussel sprout

thats .... saintsational !

best we win you some tickets to the B&F then
so u can present it yourself

(my 5 #’s in the Sponsors Raffle are yours)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Mon 19 Aug 2019 7:51pm far out brussel sprout

thats .... saintsational !

best we win you some tickets to the B&F then
so u can present it yourself

(my 5 #’s in the Sponsors Raffle are yours)
Not gonna lie - that is a generous offer - and I would be really tempted to take you up on it [and I will if you don't mind] - but I am just as happy if another Saintsationist get to do a presentation of it.

Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking - I just have a few notes .....

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is a group of passionate, sometimes irreverent, but always interesting supporters out there, who remain mostly anonymous but spend many of their hours discussing, and working for the team and game that they love.

These people deserve all of our thanks - they are known as the cheer squad.

There is another bunch of complete psychotic no hopers who do nothing more than snipe each other and denigrate all that is holy in our Saints world - these are the people I represent tonight .....

Well maybe it needs some work!

― Aristophanes

asiu
Saintsational Legend

they are already yours :)

i’m pre assuaging my guilt for winning the B&F tickets
two years in a row

good luck sir knight

i like the speech
succinct ‘n accurate

the cheer squad deserve a rap

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

How will this work Sainter Dad?

Will the player get to keep the trophy? If so, how do you get it back?

What if Newnes wins it and gets traded to Gold Coast as part of a deal to get Michael Rischitelli?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Tue 20 Aug 2019 11:10am How will this work Sainter Dad?

What if Newnes wins it and gets traded to Gold Coast as part of a deal to get Michael Rischitelli?
LOL - there are some that would say that a trophy is a small price to pay for Newnes to get Rischitelli

I would assume that the player in all good faith would return the trophy to the club. It is unlikely though that a player who won the award was going to be on the trade table - possible - but unlikely

Might need to talk to Mr Anderson et al because, of course, we will need it back for the next years recipient to be added.

Perhaps it could be something that gets retained at Moorabbin as part of the [soon to be well stocked] trophy case.

― Aristophanes

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I think the recipient should undertake the traditional path of perpetual trophy winners and leave the club with returnable award in hand and remain out of contact during the lead up to and post presentation period of the following season.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 20 Aug 2019 11:32am

I think the recipient should undertake the traditional path of perpetual trophy winners and leave the club with returnable award in hand and remain out of contact during the lead up to and post presentation period of the following season.
I sense much bitterness in this one!

― Aristophanes

George27
Club Player

Great idea Sainter Dad. I have sent you PM.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Tue 20 Aug 2019 11:35am
Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 20 Aug 2019 11:32am

I sense much bitterness in this one!
😂 had to follow up a recipients who were reluctant to return awards over the years.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Just a quick note and report on the Trevor Barker Awards night.

Due to the unforeseen sadness of the week we were never going to get any time , officially, to present the trophy - the voting even appeared to be rushed for the Big Dance - however - that being said - I thought the way the club approached the evening was very good - we all knew that Danny was with us - that much was evidenced even by the number of past players there.

The night got off to a sombre start - but still everyone was grateful of the words from Stewie especially - he spoke well albeit with a hint of losing it in his speech, Harves essentially lost it. He had words, he had emotions and it was raw!
Michael Roberts spent some time with Bourkey and conveyed more about Danny in a less formal method - they seemed to have it sorted to go from a more formal to the less formal and then on to the rest of the night.
I caught up with Rowan before the main thing started, but did not have Sainter_Boy with me - he was off Fan Boying Barry Breen etc.... (On a side note - I caught up with Barry later and he actually remembers the days when I used to sit with him as a toddler whilst some of the guys from the Elsternwick Squash Club played cards - lol - and he named the names that I knew)

After the first course, I caught up with Rowan and asked for him to come over in front of the Trevor Barker Awards backdrop - which he happily did - and I told him about Saintsational, and the voting etcetera. SB then presented him with the trophy, which he seemed more than pleased to get, I do not know whether it meant as much to him as it does to us, or as an official Club one - but it was a thrill to give back to a special player.

Rowan did not get up for the Big One - and whilst romance says it would have been nice - since Ratts has come to the club a different Seb has been on the field - so I for one firmly believe he has been asked to play within himself for team balance (or whatever) and Ratts has let him off the chain for the last stage of the season - so the last 5 games he was always going to poll well - Rowan just could not catch him.

Having said all that - Rowan was humble and accepted the award, chatted with SB and looked pleased to receive it in the pic below. I expect him to win many more awards with his time at St Kilda, but look forward (hopefully soon) to the time when he is not the stand out winner as the rest of the team push to be spoken about in terms of AA selection.

― Aristophanes

Premium89
Club Player

Fantastic post - thanks for the wrap.

Glad you had a good night, and saintsational was well represented!

Love how short is regular folk look next to the footy players etc. I just got home from a basketball presentation - sore neck!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

ha ... yes

experienced that standing next to milney
(i always thought he was a shortarse
but he’s as tall as me !!)

avid
Club Player

well done Sainter Dad.
You make Saintsational worth sticking with.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Fantastic work Sainter Dad (and boy!)

Always loyal