Trevor Barker Award 2019 Top Ten

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Trevor Barker Award 2019 Top Ten

2019 TREVOR BARKER AWARD TOP TEN

Seb Ross (170 votes)

Rowan Marshall (152 votes)

Jack Steele (151 votes)

Jack Billings (140 votes)

Tim Membrey (136 votes)

Jade Gresham (131 votes)

Callum Wilkie (115 votes)

Luke Dunstan (111 votes)

Josh Bruce (108 votes)

Shane Savage (101 votes)

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trevor Barker Award 2019 Top Ten

Haha

B&F won by a whipping boy!

Well done Seb!

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Josh Bruce Top Ten

Let’s get rid of him!

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Great stuff Seb Ross, congratulations on your award and also on your speech on a sombre night in a room of heavy hearts.

The future is in the next six place getters. That is the encouraging aspect of the award.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 12 Sep 2019 10:23am Great stuff Seb Ross, congratulations on your award and also on your speech on a sombre night in a room of heavy hearts.

The future is in the next six place getters. That is the encouraging aspect of the award.
next seven.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Well done Wilkie...Let's see how he goes after a preseason

Nee!
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

The place getters played better games than seb but his consistency over the year won him the award .
Hopefully our talented younger players will continue to develop the consistency they need to lead us into the finals in the coming years

In red white and black from 73
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Is there a top 20?

I want to see where GOAT & Sincs finished up

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Wish they would provide the whole list but they rarely do.

Assume it’s because the bottom isn’t as flattering.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Langlands got 1 vote

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Did Richardson potentially cost Marshall the B&F by not selecting him in round 1 ?

What voting system do St.kilda use for their B&F ?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

Slippery Wilkie. Gun recruit. Top 10.

😎
saynta
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Thu 12 Sep 2019 8:06pm Did Richardson potentially cost Marshall the B&F by not selecting him in round 1 ?

What voting system do St.kilda use for their B&F ?
Simple answer. No.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Just a quick note and report on the Trevor Barker Awards night.

Due to the unforeseen sadness of the week we were never going to get any time, officially, to present the trophy - the voting even appeared to be rushed for the Big Dance - however - that being said - I thought the way the club approached the evening was very good - we all knew that Danny was with us - that much was evidenced even by the number of past players there.

The night got off to a sombre start - but still, everyone was grateful of the words from Stewie especially - he spoke well albeit, with a hint of losing it in his speech, Harves essentially lost it. He had words, he had emotions and it was raw!
Michael Roberts spent some time with Bourkey and conveyed more about Danny in a less formal method - they seemed to have it sorted to go from a more formal to the less formal and then on to the rest of the night.
I caught up with Rowan before the main thing started, but did not have Sainter_Boy with me - he was off Fan Boying Barry Breen etc.... (On a side note - I caught up with Barry later and he actually remembers the days when I used to sit with him as a toddler whilst some of the guys from the Elsternwick Squash Club played cards - lol - and he named the names that I knew)

After the first course, I caught up with Rowan and asked for him to come over in front of the Trevor Barker Awards backdrop - which he happily did - and I told him about Saintsational, and the voting etcetera. SB then presented him with the trophy, which he seemed more than pleased to get, I do not know whether it meant as much to him as it does to us, or as an official Club one - but it was a thrill to give back to a special player.

Rowan did not get up for the Big One - and whilst romance says it would have been nice - since Ratts has come to the club a different Seb has been on the field - so I for one firmly believe he has been asked to play within himself for team balance (or whatever) and Ratts has let him off the chain for the last stage of the season - so the last 5 games he was always going to poll well - Rowan just could not catch him.

Having said all that - Rowan was humble and accepted the award, chatted with SB and looked pleased to receive it in the pic below. I expect him to win many more awards with his time at St Kilda, but look forward (hopefully soon) to the time when he is not the stand out winner as the rest of the team push to be spoken about in terms of AA selection.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
stevie
Saintsational Legend

That is awesome SD!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 14 Sep 2019 8:37am Just a quick note and report on the Trevor Barker Awards night.

Due to the unforeseen sadness of the week we were never going to get any time, officially, to present the trophy - the voting even appeared to be rushed for the Big Dance - however - that being said - I thought the way the club approached the evening was very good - we all knew that Danny was with us - that much was evidenced even by the number of past players there.

The night got off to a sombre start - but still, everyone was grateful of the words from Stewie especially - he spoke well albeit, with a hint of losing it in his speech, Harves essentially lost it. He had words, he had emotions and it was raw!
Michael Roberts spent some time with Bourkey and conveyed more about Danny in a less formal method - they seemed to have it sorted to go from a more formal to the less formal and then on to the rest of the night.
I caught up with Rowan before the main thing started, but did not have Sainter_Boy with me - he was off Fan Boying Barry Breen etc.... (On a side note - I caught up with Barry later and he actually remembers the days when I used to sit with him as a toddler whilst some of the guys from the Elsternwick Squash Club played cards - lol - and he named the names that I knew)

After the first course, I caught up with Rowan and asked for him to come over in front of the Trevor Barker Awards backdrop - which he happily did - and I told him about Saintsational, and the voting etcetera. SB then presented him with the trophy, which he seemed more than pleased to get, I do not know whether it meant as much to him as it does to us, or as an official Club one - but it was a thrill to give back to a special player.

Rowan did not get up for the Big One - and whilst romance says it would have been nice - since Ratts has come to the club a different Seb has been on the field - so I for one firmly believe he has been asked to play within himself for team balance (or whatever) and Ratts has let him off the chain for the last stage of the season - so the last 5 games he was always going to poll well - Rowan just could not catch him.

Having said all that - Rowan was humble and accepted the award, chatted with SB and looked pleased to receive it in the pic below. I expect him to win many more awards with his time at St Kilda, but look forward (hopefully soon) to the time when he is not the stand out winner as the rest of the team push to be spoken about in terms of AA selection.

Nicely done!!