Sandy on TV today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sandy on TV today

SaintPav wrote: Sun 28 Jul 2019 6:45pm

The umpires seemed to let the game go towards the end. Eg Preuss took the ball out of the ruck and got tackled but no free kick.
Rucks as of this year are allowed to take the ball out of the ruck and are not penalised unless the tackle is successful.

Marshall in particular is very good at it.

Prior to this year if a ruckman took the ball out of the ruck and was tackled it was a free lick even if the ruckman had no opportunity to dispose of the ball, or was knocked free etc.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
George27
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Sun 28 Jul 2019 5:59pm
Jacks Back wrote: Sun 28 Jul 2019 4:55pm No one from today's game can seriously come into the Saints side unless there was an injury yesterday or during the week.
Battle

Steven
Josh Battle has had a fabulous season. He got through the game today. He deserves his spot back in the seniors.

If Jack Steven is good to go mentally, then he should come back in.

As wonderful as it was to win again last night, it was hardly a superb game of footy. Not every player in last night’s 22 demand reselection. Battle and Steven will certainly improve the team.

Jimmy Webster needs another week at Sandy, and Hannebery needs to get through 4 quarters for Sandy to be considered for senior selection.

Saintly66
Club Player

On the telecast Campbell Brown stated Bailey Rice has had a superb season, this coming from a bloke who had probably watched a fair few games. Still won’t get a game though ;)

silverhalo
Club Player

Battle in this week.....had a great year before the injury and his versatility in being able to play forward or back is invaluable. I was personally shocked to see Jack Steven was out of shape and did not look like an AFL ready player to me at all - still at least a couple of weeks away I'd suggest.

avid
Club Player

I saw the first half. (I went to the President's Pride Brunch, which was great! Kate McCarthy, by the way, is an excellent speaker and ambassador for the next years' Womens team. Jess Sedunary too.)
Anyway, it was great seeing some of the boys close up too.

Jack Steven looked very bulky in two jumpers. He looked out of condition, and puffed a lot whenever he changed. But Geez he is a player. Just kept doing brilliant things.
Jimmy Webster is fearless. He looked great. Might not be quite fit enough, but looked ready to me.
Josh Battle showed no sign of injury at all. A pretty fearsome presence on the field -- I felt, looking on.
Ed Phillips looked pure class at times. I see now why we liked him. Didn't do a lot today though.
Brandon White is a beautiful kick, and a tough, classy backman. He looks like he should have been in the firsts ages ago. He is far advanced on Coffield. I do not understand it.
Parker I think took advantage of the step down to roam around a lot try a lot more. Still hasn't got it all together yet. But he's fun to watch. Every tackle, he aims for a quick and violent kill.
McKenzie showed class, but not very prominent today
Rice showed he can play football, but didn't dominate
Claravino still looks a bit slight. But he looks great at times -- took some great marks, and showed a lot of poise and skill. He'll be a big asset at some point.
Joyce looked lively as a forward. He doesn't have a big physical presence, but he's athletic, skilful, and learning fast.
Robbie Young didn't show up very often. Looked fast and ferocious when he did.
Marsh looks like a VFL player, but a bloody good one. Great bullocking clearance and pass at one point. Bit of an X factor there.

I think they're the only Saints that played.
Prieuss for Casey is a giant, and just dominated without hardly even jumping.

Special
Club Player

Steven looks a bit fat and slow for AFL level. A fair way off it

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 28 Jul 2019 6:45pm Preuss took the ball out of the ruck and got tackled but no free kick.
The ruck is no longer considered prior opportunity, he still has the same time to dispose of it as if he had received the ball via a handpass.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SMS
Club Player

Out: Acres (Injured)
In: Battle

B.M
Saintsational Legend

What the hell is going on with Longer and Pierce?

There has been little information about how they are travelling

Both have been out for about 3 months.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 28 Jul 2019 2:53pm Sandy can't hit a target by hand or foot. Blew a 29 point lead; Sandy 6, Casey 63 at 3/ time.

Jack Steven may have had mental health issues bu it doesn't look like it has affected his appetite. He is wearing two guernseys, which may give he illusion of him being overweight, but he does not look at all like he is in AFL-ready shape.
Sadly - that's true. He looks as heavy through the midriff area as I've ever seen him. He's literally like a block from shoulders to hips.

Then again - if he's been prescribed anti-depression meds - they're well known for having a nasty weight-gain side effect.

Hope he's doing ok as a human.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

B.M wrote: Mon 29 Jul 2019 10:22am What the hell is going on with Longer and Pierce?

There has been little information about how they are travelling

Both have been out for about 3 months.
Both have been out pretty much all season with concussion.

Go you red, black & white warriors