David Teague.. back as assistant?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints2
Club Player

David Teague.. back as assistant?

David Teague was AR!s first appointed assistant in 2013, but only lasted one season

Does anyone know why he left so quickly? Maybe he didn't get on with AR?

Presuming he doesn't get the blues job, he will leave , and presuming Ratts gets our gig ( I go on record has hoping he does) I think he would make a good assistant.

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: David Teague.. back as assistant?

Yes, perhaps. The two key appointments will be a senior assistant for Ratters and a Director of coaching.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Josh Battle
Club Player

Teague worked with Scott Watters in 2013

Not under AR

I can't recall the exact timing when he announced he was leaving St Kilda and whether it was before or after SW was sacked

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

There were reports at the time that Watters’ assistants couldn't work with him. Interesting that Watters never worked in the AFL again.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 27 Jul 2019 11:00am There were reports at the time that Watters’ assistants couldn't work with him. Interesting that Watters never worked in the AFL again.
I’m sure now that Dermie has a role with us he will be pushing for GOAT Watters to return

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I'd rather have Thomo back as coach.

oldie60
Club Player

It will depend on whoever is selected as coach and whether he has the nuts to call for his own support staff. I hope that if the incumbent wants success he needs to drive the football side of things and not allow the Finnis's and Lethleans and whoever else to stay away from the playing and training side and concentrate on supporting the coach with what he needs to be able to make us a success. He gets payed to do a job let him do it. Far too many people involved in whats right for the club. Finnis and Lethlean should be focusing building the club with the off field stuff.

supersaints2
Club Player

Josh Battle wrote: Sat 27 Jul 2019 10:35am Teague worked with Scott Watters in 2013

Not under AR

I can't recall the exact timing when he announced he was leaving St Kilda and whether it was before or after SW was sacked
Thanks JB... had my years wrong... AR moved Teague on after 1 year with Watters

Still think Teague may be seriously a good coach ... assistant or senior... like to have him around the club

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line