Assessing Ross Lyon’s score card - Hear Kanye Cornes?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Assessing Ross Lyon’s score card - Hear Kanye Cornes?

Further evidence of what I say about Coaches.

Ross coaches well with a good team, not so well with poor teams.

Pretty much like every coach.

The great A Clarkson is the best ever Coach right now coaching a mediocre side to mediocre results. Imagine if he had mediocre sides, rather than the list of guns he had during their reign.
Coaches cannot turn s*** into strawberry jam.
It’s no coincidence that we were ok in 2016/17 we had Steven, Reiwoldt, Montagna, Armo (in form), Roberton, Ross (in form), Membrey and youngsters Billings, Gresham, Sinclair (in form).
So Richo polished a turd for a couple of years, then Nick and Joey left a few injuries and a pile of s*** was exposed

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sun 14 Jul 2019 10:28pm Don't like the way he deserted a sinking ship but I'm very nostalgic for the days when we played with a system, with
some self-belief, with some guts, with some never-say-die attitude. We commanded respect back then.

If he came back to the Saints I wouldn't be unhappy and I urge others to reconsider. Not that it's likely.
You mean the GT days?? :oops:

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Crossy66 wrote: Sun 14 Jul 2019 6:46pm
roman wrote: Sun 14 Jul 2019 6:41pm Cressy66 think i described it (Nigga football )there didn't I ? Negative football in other words :P
One of the Yanks I once worked with once described my version of playing pool as Nigga pool cos i was snookering him all the time. I thought it was a great way to describe it and it fits Ross Lyon's ugly s*** corporate style of football he promotes. Same with his say nothing after match speeches. Richardson is the same. How can you blab for so long and say nothing.
I actually assumed it was a typo or spell checker thing. Not a popular term these days.
As a kid in the USA 50 years ago we heard lots of usage of "nigga". Fishing too close to a school mate one day at the pond behind the school yard he said to me, "stop nigga fishing me"....I had no idea what it meant. He said nigga fishing is when you act like a cheating, lazy nigger and do dumb stuff. I was still baffled....he said a nigger would see a smart white guy fishing and act like a nigger and set up his pole right next to me to try and steal my fish....in other words niggas are too dumband lazy to play fair or figure how to succeed for themselves so they try to cheat a white fella....we were 6. I never forgot the feeling that hit me that day....that night as it turned out, my father told me we were actually "niggers". Before that I didn't know that my skin made me different.

For the next few years until we moved I heard many versions of the sneaky, lazy, negative, convining...." nigga".

Don't use it. It's 100% racist. YOU are a better man than that.

roman
Club Player

""Of course it is I posted it?
Most successful saints coach of the modern era - FACT like him or not.""

R U for real ?? How many premierships has be been a part of ??

roman
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2019 8:51pm
roman wrote: Sun 14 Jul 2019 6:41pm Cressy66 think i described it (N*** football )there didn't I ? Negative football in other words :P
One of the Yanks I once worked with once described my version of playing pool as N**** pool cos i was snookering him all the time. I thought it was a great way to describe it and it fits Ross Lyon's ugly s*** corporate style of football he promotes. Same with his say nothing after match speeches. Richardson is the same. How can you blab for so long and say nothing.
I actually assumed it was a typo or spell checker thing. Not a popular term these days.
As a kid in the USA 50 years ago we heard lots of usage of "nigga". Fishing too close to a school mate one day at the pond behind the school yard he said to me, "stop nigga fishing me"....I had no idea what it meant. He said nigga fishing is when you act like a cheating, lazy nigger and do dumb stuff. I was still baffled....he said a nigger would see a smart white guy fishing and act like a nigger and set up his pole right next to me to try and steal my fish....in other words niggas are too dumband lazy to play fair or figure how to succeed for themselves so they try to cheat a white fella....we were 6. I never forgot the feeling that hit me that day....that night as it turned out, my father told me we were actually "niggers". Before that I didn't know that my skin made me different.

For the next few years until we moved I heard many versions of the sneaky, lazy, negative, convining...." nigga".

Fair enough buddy I'm really sorry :(
However, i reckon the s*** style of football Lyon promotes stinks and you can jam it !!
Last edited by roman on Fri 19 Jul 2019 9:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

roman wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 11:40am
SAINT-LEE wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2019 8:51pm
roman wrote: Sun 14 Jul 2019 6:41pm Cressy66 think i described it (Nigga football )there didn't I ? Negative football in other words :P
One of the Yanks I once worked with once described my version of playing pool as Nigga pool cos i was snookering him all the time. I thought it was a great way to describe it and it fits Ross Lyon's ugly s*** corporate style of football he promotes. Same with his say nothing after match speeches. Richardson is the same. How can you blab for so long and say nothing.

Fair enough buddy I'm really sorry :(
However, i reckon the s*** style of football Lyon promotes stinks and you can jam it !!
I agree Richo as a human was swell, his ability to mentor and direct a entire team absolutely was pathetic....imho