Sammy's review of round 12

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sammy's review of round 12

Fom saints .com

And stop with the smart arse comments as these are unnecessary.Sandringham coach Aaron Hamill ran through the performances of each Saint following the Zebras’ loss to Box Hill over the weekend.

Nathan Brown
15 disposals, three marks, three tackles

“I thought he showed outstanding leadership for us, Browny. It’s what you’d expect from him, but I thought it was a solid game. He got our defence sorted, he got us organised behind the ball and his contest work was really good for us. His experience is invaluable.”

Oscar Clavarino
10 disposals, four marks, four tackles

“I thought most of our backs were pretty good and I felt again we struggled a little bit up front, but Clav’s bodywork and positioning was good.”

100309-Member-940x75.jpg

Nick Coffield
19 disposals, five marks, five tackles

“I liked Coff’s game. What I liked about it was that he got in the right spots at the right time, his contest work was really good and I thought the way he got it done on the inside was solid, as was his positioning on the outside. He was aggressive with the ball and I thought it was one of his better games in terms of his positioning.”

Darragh Joyce
22 disposals, 20 kicks, five marks

“He marks it because he gets in really good positions. I really liked that from Darragh, he looked safe because he understands how he needs to defend.”

Ben Long
16 disposals, five marks, four tackles

“I liked Longy’s game off half-back on the whole. His good aggression carried over and it’s good to let him run through the midfield and see how hard you’ve got to work in there with your transition.”
Subscribe to receive the latest Sandringham Zebras news

Jack Mayo
10 disposals, two marks, four tackles

“Jack showed some signs in his game that he’s going to keep improving for us. What I liked from him was that he kept getting out and meeting the footy – it wasn’t just feeding back for him so that was really good to see from him.”

Ben Paton
22 disposals, six marks, three tackles

“He played a fair bit inside, but I thought some of his stuff was quite solid for us. Ben got in and under a lot of times and put his head down all day. Two good weeks in a row from Pato which is really pleasing.”

Bailey Rice
18 disposals, 16 kicks, eight tackles, one goal

“Once again the ‘Ricewall’ down back was solid. We threw him in the midfield for 10 minutes in the third, and he was tough inside. Some of his positioning down back was really good for us and his contest work was really strong in there.”

Sam Rowe
10 disposals, two tackles, 21 hit-outs, one goal

“He battled hard all day, Rowey. He’s a little bit undermanned and undersized in there, but he’s such a competitor and provides strong leadership in there, similar to what Browny does.”

Robbie Young
Nine disposals, two tackles, one goal

“Robbie got thrown in the middle for the last 10 minutes to work on his fitness and improve and get a good understanding of what it’s like in there. I thought Youngy’s pressure was there up forward too.”

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sammy's review of round 12

I would like to see Rice given a run through the mdifield before the end of season. I think he is in danger of being delisted, but like a lot of kids under Richo he has been pidgeon holed as a pocket player. With his big body and strong lower body, good skills I just wonder if he might be suited as an inside mid? I know he is not quick but he cant be any slower than Dunstan?

Special
Club Player

Let’s put Rowe & Mayo into the mix and make our own version of taramasalata

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

2 weeks in a row Long playing half-back.
This is Richo tactics.
Play a guy out of position.
Acres+Baroose in ruck.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Special wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 10:49pm Let’s put Rowe & Mayo into the mix and make our own version of taramasalata
Ahaaa. I like it

Some tsatsiki and pita bread and a side serve of grilled octopus as well thanks...or would you prefer seared scallops :wink:

Special
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:19am
Special wrote: Wed 26 Jun 2019 10:49pm Let’s put Rowe & Mayo into the mix and make our own version of taramasalata
Ahaaa. I like it

Some tsatsiki and pita bread and a side serve of grilled octopus as well thanks...or would you prefer seared scallops :wink:
All of the above and some charcoal meat from the grill.

I think we should be sponsored by Hellenic Republic

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I think the Greek Government owes the European Central Bank and World bank close to 400 Billion Euro. So basically they're being propped up just like we are and unlikely to pay off any of the principle amount any time soon

JR23
Club Player

Its great that everyone played so well and all were very pleased. Given that we lost by 5 goals , I guess the rest contributed very little.