I Prefer Winning

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HighettMan
Club Player

I Prefer Winning

I never, ever, EVER want us to lose, and I can recognise a bad team performance but it doesn't compel me to get on social media and carry on like a 5 year old and reverse over the corpse and get stuck into the club, coaches and players straight after a poor performance. Social media turns some people into twits.

I feel sorry for those that get messed up and severely bent out of shape after a win and a loss, probably time to address your issues.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
oldie60
Club Player

Re: I Prefer Winning

Well said.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

So sad. Sad little HighettMan.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:27pm I never, ever, EVER want us to lose, and I can recognise a bad team performance but it doesn't compel me to get on social media and carry on like a 5 year old and reverse over the corpse and get stuck into the club, coaches and players straight after a poor performance. Social media turns some people into twits.

I feel sorry for those that get messed up and severely bent out of shape after a win and a loss, probably time to address your issues.
Maybe we're all pissed off by the broken promises. They take our money year after year and have nothing to show for it.
Agree?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Five year old? Corpse? Reversing? beautiful imagery and puts this evenings little unpleasantness into a calming reflective perspective. But pray tell, what corpse doth youse refer to O man from Highett. Surely not our incomparable coach. The game that might have had us in the 8, perhaps the season? Perhaps 6 or 7 seasons. We all prefer winning, its just becoming such a rare experience. Ohm, Ohm, Ohm. All power to the Club and the five year olds that run it.

Ape_Man
Club Player

I Prefer Winning

magnifisaint wrote:
HighettMan wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:27pm I never, ever, EVER want us to lose, and I can recognise a bad team performance but it doesn't compel me to get on social media and carry on like a 5 year old and reverse over the corpse and get stuck into the club, coaches and players straight after a poor performance. Social media turns some people into twits.

Maybe we're all pissed off by the broken promises. They take our money year after year and have nothing to show for it.
Agree?
The power of the Saints do not compel you.
You do not have to give them your money.

ss1986
Club Player

Says the person who started a thread called “Awkward” with a shite smiley face after the win last week.

Classic HM style - when completely embarrassed by this iteration of the football club he so loyally protects - proceeds to virtue signal and belittle.

You actually demonstrate ZERO football knowledge, despite asking all and sundry what our experience is. If you ARE employed by the club given your penchant for protecting the coach, then I am not surprised we get pummelled at Marvel by an interstate team that were putrid not two years ago.

HighettMan
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:33pm

Agree?
Don't understand that at all, always bemuses me when supporters say it. I'm disappointed tonight but the club owes me nothing.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Ape_Man wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:59pm
magnifisaint wrote:

Agree?
The power of the Saints do not compel you.
You do not have to give them your money.
No but the club asks for it. Without memberships the club wouldn't survive so we live in hope that maybe they could use that money wisely and give us some joy.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Is that what you are going to hide behind? Happy to start numerous posts last week to bait those that didn't share your beliefs and now trying to defend that holier than now stance???

Yes, I'm upset with the loss, the position our club is in and the fact the Lions are so far advanced than we are, yet if we accept our position we are doomed to stay exactly where we are.

Unfortunately whilst you keep baiting, we continue to be mired in this swamp of mediocrity acceptance.

By all means continue with your frustrated teacher's ramblings, hopefully you get that producers job on The Panel, I know you covert it, but please allow those who wish to debate our current plight be free of your self serving, self righteous crap.

Look forward to your one line response, devoid of substance, devoid of thought but picking up any rules broken according to the world of sad little HighettMan.

Apologies, five, oops six paragraphs and no dot points.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Yet another look at me post with the pure intent of simply attacking others...

Perhaps if you like others applied the pressure where it should be directed instead of the standard “forumites love losing” line that you throw out there to try and save face, maybe the club would do what everybody yourself included knows needs to be done.

But hey, we’re building something special right... so proud of the team, Richo is coach of the year, team is super flexible, go true believers, definitely going to make finals etc etc

The self righteous, attention seeking indignant act is as transparent as it boring. You’re consistently wrong and the obsessive stalker behaviour is appalling. Own it and move on.
Last edited by skeptic on Sun 23 Jun 2019 12:11am, edited 1 time in total.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 12:02am

Agree?
Don't understand that at all, always bemuses me when supporters say it. I'm disappointed tonight but the club owes me nothing.
I consider myself a small shareholder of the club. If it didnt need the money like Real Madrid I wouldn't give it, but they ring me every year to ask me if I will buy a membership. Without me and the other 40,000 supporters they will cease to exist. What value for money do I get?
Doesnt make sense so maybe I should direct my funds elsewhere. So the club owes all their supporters something otherwise why bother supporting them. There are plenty of other charities more worthy of my money.
Last edited by magnifisaint on Sun 23 Jun 2019 12:35am, edited 2 times in total.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 12:02am

Agree?

I'm confident because you give nothing.

Josh Battle
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:27pm
When are you going to address yours?

Your emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills are very good, but I think we all know why you avoid footy discussions.

I've read a fair few posts from Cairnsman over the last 2-3 years and he rarely got into football analaysis or debate. In fact he went out of his way to avoid them. Seems the posts that he had an opinion on regarding tactics and player ability he usually got things wrong. Cairnsman's footy knowledge and analysis is shithouse and always has been

Easy to check for anyone interested. search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&auth ... &start=975
Last edited by Josh Battle on Sun 23 Jun 2019 1:03am, edited 1 time in total.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 12:58am
HighettMan wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:27pm
When are you going to address yours?

Your emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills are very good, but I think we all know why you avoid footy discussions. Your footy knowledge and analysis is shithouse and always has been

I've read a fair few posts from Cairnsman over the last 2-3 years and he rarely got into football analaysis or debate. In fact he went out of his way to avoid them. Seems the posts that he had an opinion on regarding tactics and player ability he usually got things wrong.

Easy to check for anyone interested. search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&auth ... &start=975
I think most of anyone that’s tried to be reasonable in the face of his obsessive behaviour knows this.
I’m right because I say I am has never been much of an argument
Then of course there’s ‘are you sad’ and it only goes down hill from there. No doubt we’ll all have to sit through another ‘win for the true believers’ thread when we beat the Kangaroos

ace
Saintsational Legend

If you prefer winning then why are you a St Kilda supporter.

Do you call winning coming on SS and beating up on old men and young children.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
HighettMan
Club Player

Hear is the footy opinion you've all been waiting for me to say, Alan's papers were stamped last night.

He gave it his all this week as he should have knowing his contract extension was balancing on a knife's edge, but a bad loss rubber stamped his execution. He had to take some risks, one paid off, the other failed, Jake is not a stay at home forward.

So what next.

I believe Alan will step away before being pushed. But there is still some events that need to play out and coach and club will work though those I'm sure.

So dry your eyes, wipe the knives and return them to thier holsters, rest up for the remainder of the season and try to enjoy your footy. Next year you will be rewarded with fresh meat and a new target to channel all of your hate into.

Appologies in advance if that was too long or not a deep enough analysis.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

What's the odds that tony74 will say 'the boys are hurting'

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 10:50am What's the odds that tony74 will say 'the boys are hurting'
No they’re half tanked at the pleasant Sunday morning, honestly what do you reckon.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think his papers were pbly stamped before last night

freely
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 11:02am
WellardSaint wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 10:50am What's the odds that tony74 will say 'the boys are hurting'
No they’re half tanked at the pleasant Sunday morning, honestly what do you reckon.
Ah, I half wish it were true. Remember the good old days? - win, have a beer! lose, have two beers!

HighettMan
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 11:03am I think his papers were pbly stamped before last night
Of coarse they were. You've been saying it for..., how long?, remind everyone how long again. Pffft.

HighettMan
Club Player

tony74 wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 11:02am
Everyone knows that only members who pay thiers membership are hurting from broken promises, whatever that means.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I prefer winning...
HighettMan wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:27pm I never, ever, EVER want us to lose, and I can recognise a bad team performance but it doesn't compel me to get on social media and carry on like a 5 year old and reverse over the corpse and get stuck into the club.

HighettMan wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 10:23am Hear is the footy opinion you've all been waiting for me to say
I, I, I & me, me, me, start another thread, and another and another.

At least no one can accuse you of modesty or not valuing your opinion above other posters 👍

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
HighettMan
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 12:16pm I prefer winning...
HighettMan wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:27pm I never, ever, EVER want us to lose, and I can recognise a bad team performance but it doesn't compel me to get on social media and carry on like a 5 year old and reverse over the corpse and get stuck into the club.

HighettMan wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 10:23am Hear is the footy opinion you've all been waiting for me to say
I, I, I & me, me, me, start another thread, and another and another.

At least no one can accuse you of modesty or not valuing your opinion above other posters 👍
I notice you only post when you have something you think is interesting and would be useful to others on social media. You're welcome.