I'm Pro Cho!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BarryGrogan
Club Player

I'm Pro Cho!

I'm officially a Cho Bro.

We haven't lost a player under Cho's watch.

Granted, no one wants our players - but nonetheless, we've held on to another one in Billings.

If Cho can stay out of Ratten and Lade's way and let them continue to rebuild the team on-field, I don't see a reason to Throw Cho.

So that's it readers - I'm officially Pro Cho.

I implore you all to jump on board the Cho Cho Train with me, and bask in the glory of our late season finals push.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm Pro Cho!

I'm no Cho, though, if we grow and flow, defeat our foe(s) and don't blow our show, we might be in the dough you know.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
ss1986
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 11:13pm I'm no Cho, though, if we grow and flow, defeat our foe(s) and don't blow our show, we might be in the dough you know.
Oh god no

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 10:54pm
If Cho can stay out of Ratten and Lade's way and let them continue to rebuild the team on-field, I don't see a reason to Throw Cho.
If we lose Ratten next year we are stuffed. The CEO and Lethlean will need to hand back their wages if they don't offer Ratts the top job

Special
Club Player

As much as I don’t like Cho, If we make finals I wouldn’t sack him.

I know the criteria may be winning a final, but just making it would be enough in my book

bigred
Saintsational Legend

No.

Come on. We are middling at best.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
HighettMan
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Fri 21 Jun 2019 3:04am
If we lose Ratten next year we are stuffed. The CEO and Lethlean will need to hand back their wages if they don't offer Ratts the top job
Ratts knows his place, he even refers to himself as "2 Bannana".

You need one in every bunch.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
freely
SS Hall of Fame

HighettMan wrote: Fri 21 Jun 2019 7:45am
Scollop wrote: Fri 21 Jun 2019 3:04am
Ratts knows his place, he even refers to himself as "2 Bannana".

You need one in every bunch.
Spare us. The area that's improved the least is the area he's responsible for.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Whilst I'm not necessarily a big supporter of Richo, he must be given credit for getting us to 6-6 at this stage of the season. Our list is mediocre, topped up with state league players and rookies, and our injury list is a disaster.

Given the circumstances we were entitled to be around Carlton & Gold Coast at the bottom of the ladder, but we're actually within striking distance of the finals. Quite an impressive feat.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Honestly I didn’t think we would of won 6 games at this stage with a full list let alone with the issues we have had. Is it Richo? Ratten? Lade? Slater? The answer is all along with some players who had/have a point to prove. I hope Richo survives and thrives but I do have a real concern we could lose Ratten as he mentioned after Scott moved on that he would consider coaching again. A well connected Hawks mate of mine said that Clarkson told Ratten he needed to move on because he was too good to be an assistant. Interesting times and a run of two or three wins or losses will move the needle very fast.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Each to thier own but I disagree. Players haven't developed, most have gone backwards a little, we have no game plan except tackle lots and kick it forward. We have no elite players, we can't even buy one because no one wants to come. Players tow the company line to show loyality but do they mean it.

When your captain criticies you for only focusing on what we can't do rather than what you can it's a good indication of how things are really going.

And it hurts to write this but of all players who finally had enough is lonie who showed the way. Not a fan of his for years until end of last year when he basically went f#&K it. Sick of playing the Cho way, ie tackle and pressure non stop which I'm not good at, I'm going to play my natural game which sees me dominate at vfl level. And looks whats happened.

Cho doesn't see strengths as much as weakness and rather than play to strengths he tries to lessen a weakness. You should do both but focus on the former not the other way around.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

We’ve had 4 finals ‘runs’ in the AFL era, with the longest gap between being 5 seasons (99-03). This will be our 8th season in a row with no finals, Richo being in charge for 6 of those.

Not good enough by any standard. To give Richo a pass is ridiculous.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:39am A well connected Hawks mate of mine said that Clarkson told Ratten he needed to move on because he was too good to be an assistant. Interesting times and a run of two or three wins or losses will move the needle very fast.
That's fairly well known and has been mentiond several times on the tellie.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

His kryptonite are the interstate teams.
If he loses his job he can blame that on his inability to coach effectively against both of the South Australian clubs and the Sydney Swans, all of whom he has never beaten, as well as the Eagles who who we have beaten only once in his tenure, and that de facto interstate club Geelong, who we have suffered many hidings against and who we have beaten only once under his tutelage.
In fact, I believe that it may be the game at Geelong this year which seals his fate, especially if we fail to prepare properly again, which history suggests is highly likely to happen.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

At this moment in time, I'm neither "pro" nor "con" Richo. I'm impressed however, that with all the hurdles re: injuries and missing "star recruits" (Dan H) for the major part of the season, We are 6-6 with a chance of winning more before the seasons out. I'm prepared to give AR the benefit of the doubt until the end of the season.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Special
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 3:10pm At this moment in time, I'm neither "pro" nor "con" Richo. I'm impressed however, that with all the hurdles re: injuries and missing "star recruits" (Dan H) for the major part of the season, We are 6-6 with a chance of winning more before the seasons out. I'm prepared to give AR the benefit of the doubt until the end of the season.
We are only just 6-6 remember. Scraped across the line in 4 of our 6 wins and only lost 1 close game.

No finals, no cho next year.

BUT....

If we lose our next 4 games, he should be sacked post the Geelong loss. I can’t see us losing our next 4, but it is definitely a small chance

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Off to game now but look who we have beaten this year and by how much. We have fallen ass backwards over the line on multiple occasions and against teams eithevvequally as bad or off the boil big time. Only Melbourne's victory was a resounding win.gkad we are winning but if someone can honestly tell me when has richo changed game plan when ours wasn't workihg

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Anyone that is Pro Cho should be locked up.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Pack of delusional clowns.

Seriously there is no future in this.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
DJ Higgins
Club Player

How's the game plan now pro cho peopl

Saintly66
Club Player

Haha anyone who is pro cho needs to see a shrink ASAP.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Putrid

#1 Ryder fan
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Go easy guys, I think you’re forgetting we scraped passed the 2nd bottom side last week!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
happy feet
Club Player

How do you feel now Barry? Still pro cho

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
saintadamski
Club Player

I'm not pro Cho, but what did everyone expect after Hayes, Roo and Joey all retired...

We were left with the scraps at the bottom as leaders - Armitage, Geary, Newnes, Savage...

Until this generation eventually retires, and we have a sub par coach, we will languish in the basement.

None of this is a surprise to me at all.

The only way out of this is to start recruiting some real A grade potential...which I'm afraid Coffield and Clarke is not :(