AFL Overkill

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

Re: AFL Overkill

freely wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:27am
Brunswicksainter wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 9:50am
freely wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:47am
Brunswicksainter wrote: Tue 18 Jun 2019 11:52pm
freely wrote: Tue 18 Jun 2019 8:58pm
Brunswicksainter wrote: Tue 18 Jun 2019 4:29pm Just a suggestion... why dont they consider imposing separate seating zones at games e.g. a fan terrace (must be over 16-18 years to be in this area) and dedicated family zones for young families and less animated fans. Seems like an easy fix, could also bring back the glory days of old terrace and active fan areas at suburban grounds i.e The Animal enclosure. This is a commonly used strategy across European soccer grounds.
Yeah, because European soccer is exactly the model we want to emulate! :roll:
Why wouldn't it be im? not sure if you've been to premier league or bundesliga game but the passion, atmosphere and fan engagement is significantly better than the AFL. We should at least try to take some positives from it.
Yeah, it's marvelous. Supporters have to be kept apart, typically in cages, to stop them knifing each other. What a buzz!
Can confirm you’ve never been to a prem or bundeliga game then.
I haven't been for a long time Brunswick cos I'm probably not as rich as you - but I do know that supporters of all shades, shapes and sizes mixing together is one of my favourite things about going to our game and in the UK, you daren't (or I daren't - again, I expect you're a lot tougher than me!) even walk down the same street as a supporter wearing a different colour scarf.
Thats completely false crap.. maybe that was the case 40 years ago, but certainly not now in the top flight.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 1:29pm
True Believer wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:40am

So are you saying of all those "Behavioural Adjustment Officers" that are almost exclusively non-anglo are people of sub-contintental and African appearance that were all born here?
No. I'm not saying anuything of the sort.

I'm actually saying that unless I know that person, I have no idea where they were born. It's simply f****** moronic to assume anything simply by looking at someone.
His wording may have been clumsy, but the thrust of Kennet's remarks were accurate, a good proportion of those newly minted Gestapo officers could statistically safely be bet upon to be relatively recent arrivals with little to no background or understanding of our game.
It wasn't clumsy. It was racist.

He looked at them, saw they weren't white and in the true sense of ignorance - assumed they're not born here.

Then went a step further, and suggested that if you weren't born here, you can't be a security guard at the footy because you won't understand our culture.

The premise that a security guard policing people's behaviour should have a level of understanding sufficient enough to be able to differentiate between abusive and offensive behaviour, and just some battler barracking - is absolutely valid.

But that has ABSOLUTELY ZERO relevance to the colour of someone's skin.
Give it a rest ffs. We now know your views. Some don't agree with you, some do. No one is going to change their opinion. The ones I have noticed appear to have Mediterranean complexions, basically the same as a lot of Europeans and looked white to me. not coloured at all. Just your typical bouncer thug. or soccer hooligan. Skin colour didn't come into it

So who really is the racist?

BarryGrogan
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 2:17pm The ones I have noticed appear to have Mediterranean complexions, basically the same as a lot of Europeans and looked white to me. not coloured at all. Just your typical bouncer thug. or soccer hooligan. Skin colour didn't come into it

So when you spruiked that Kennett js just "telling it how it is", you didn't even hear what he actually said?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 2:22pm
saynta wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 2:17pm The ones I have noticed appear to have Mediterranean complexions, basically the same as a lot of Europeans and looked white to me. not coloured at all. Just your typical bouncer thug. or soccer hooligan. Skin colour didn't come into it

So when you spruiked that Kennett js just "telling it how it is", you didn't even hear what he actually said?
Yeah, I did and I was able to understand him. You obviously didn't. He never mentioned skin colour. That is something you brought into the discussion.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 2:29pm

Yeah, I did and I was able to understand him. You obviously didn't. He never mentioned skin colour. That is something you brought into the discussion.

In my experience it’s the ones who piss and moan loudest about racism etc are the ones with the most to hide

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Skin colour is only one way to judge someone by their appearance. Whether it was their skin colour or some other physical trait, he stated that by looking at them - he could tell they weren't born here.

Just breathtaking ignorance.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 2:58pm

Skin colour is only one way to judge someone by their appearance. Whether it was their skin colour or some other physical trait, he stated that by looking at them - he could tell they weren't born here.

Just breathtaking ignorance.
Go away.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

So are you saying of all those "Behavioural Adjustment Officers" that are almost exclusively non-anglo are people of sub-contintental and African appearance that were all born here?

I'm actually saying that unless I know that person, I have no idea where they were born. It's simply f****** moronic to assume anything simply by looking at someone.
His wording may have been clumsy, but the thrust of Kennet's remarks were accurate, a good proportion of those newly minted Gestapo officers could statistically safely be bet upon to be relatively recent arrivals with little to no background or understanding of our game.

He looked at them, saw they weren't white and in the true sense of ignorance - assumed they're not born here.

Then went a step further, and suggested that if you weren't born here, you can't be a security guard at the footy because you won't understand our culture.

The premise that a security guard policing people's behaviour should have a level of understanding sufficient enough to be able to differentiate between abusive and offensive behaviour, and just some battler barracking - is absolutely valid.

I think you're living under a rock or are very naive if you don't believe that most of these young blokes who have to do this shitty low paid "service" work that most of us won't do aren't new immigrants. Around 2,000 people are moving to Melbourne each week to keep the growth bubble going if you hadn't noticed. What kind of jobs do you think they're taking? Save your outrage for the creation and exploitation of a new underclass of people in Melbourne. Many employers are routinely breaking the law by underpaying workers and not providing a safe workplace, for instance. More severe forms of demagoguery and dangerous ideology, which could be terminal, probably go over the top of your head because it sounds like you have been brainwashed.
Last edited by SaintPav on Wed 19 Jun 2019 3:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

7 Eleven outlets in Melbourne are always staffed by Indians (I would guess 95%). It's not racist, it's just fact. They are overworked, underpaid and get treated like crap. Probably all students or new arrivals too.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Brunswicksainter wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 1:32pm
freely wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:27am
Brunswicksainter wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 9:50am
freely wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 12:47am
Brunswicksainter wrote: Tue 18 Jun 2019 11:52pm
freely wrote: Tue 18 Jun 2019 8:58pm
Brunswicksainter wrote: Tue 18 Jun 2019 4:29pm Just a suggestion... why dont they consider imposing separate seating zones at games e.g. a fan terrace (must be over 16-18 years to be in this area) and dedicated family zones for young families and less animated fans. Seems like an easy fix, could also bring back the glory days of old terrace and active fan areas at suburban grounds i.e The Animal enclosure. This is a commonly used strategy across European soccer grounds.
Yeah, because European soccer is exactly the model we want to emulate! :roll:
Why wouldn't it be im? not sure if you've been to premier league or bundesliga game but the passion, atmosphere and fan engagement is significantly better than the AFL. We should at least try to take some positives from it.
Yeah, it's marvelous. Supporters have to be kept apart, typically in cages, to stop them knifing each other. What a buzz!
Can confirm you’ve never been to a prem or bundeliga game then.
I haven't been for a long time Brunswick cos I'm probably not as rich as you - but I do know that supporters of all shades, shapes and sizes mixing together is one of my favourite things about going to our game and in the UK, you daren't (or I daren't - again, I expect you're a lot tougher than me!) even walk down the same street as a supporter wearing a different colour scarf.
Thats completely false crap.. maybe that was the case 40 years ago, but certainly not now in the top flight.
Well, no, it's not false crap. What I said was that I like to see all different sorts of people going to the footy together and sitting together no matter what club they barrack for, whether they're women and children, adolescents, blacks, whites, tatt-covered or on their way to a hen night. And I said that I'm afraid to walk down the street in the UK in a (say) Spurs scarf if there are (say) a bunch of Arsenal supporters coming towards me. I'm not sure how that can be crap. I'm just telling you what I prefer and what I feel.

But here ya go - here's an example of what I don't especially want to see at the footy:
daily mail

But look, each to his own.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 3:17pm

I think you're living under a rock or are very naive if you don't believe that most of these young blokes who have to do this shitty low paid "service" work that most of us won't do aren't new immigrants. Around 2,000 people are moving to Melbourne each week to keep the growth bubble going if you hadn't noticed. What kind of jobs do you think they're taking? Save your outrage for the creation and exploitation of a new underclass of people in Melbourne. Many employers are routinely breaking the law by underpaying workers and not providing a safe workplace, for instance. More severe forms of demagoguery and dangerous ideology, which could be terminal, probably go over the top of your head because it sounds like you have been brainwashed.
I'm not outraged at all.

I'm flabbergasted by the stupidity of his comments, and that people blindly agree with them.

What you've posted above is totally irrelevant to what I'm saying anyway.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Better than ever I could have said that.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 4:31pm

I'm not outraged at all.

I'm flabbergasted by the stupidity of his comments, and that people blindly agree with them.

What you've posted above is totally irrelevant to what I'm saying anyway.
Nothing stupid about his comments at all, even though he has been forced to apologise by the PC police.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 4:54pm

Nothing stupid about his comments at all, even though he has been forced to apologise by the PC police.
I believe this is why this country is so divided.

It's why people point fingers at others after the Liberals win an election and say "My god Australians are stupid."

It's the denial that makes people appear so stupid. It's the "he's just telling it how it is" and the "I'm not racist...but..." mentality that has the rest of the modern world shaking their heads in disbelief at just how ignorant people can be.

Kennett's comments are so illogical that it makes my brain hurt. People who agree with his comments, are even more illogical than the actual comments!

However, if Kennett just owned it and said "Dude, deep down I think I'm better than Indians and I think people that were born in this country are generally better at stuff than other people. I don't hate them, don't ever purposely do anything in my daily life to make their lives worse or particularly shitty - I just deep down prefer Aussies." - then his comments wouldn't sound so utterly idiotic. It'd make sense.

I wouldn't agree with him - but it would at least put context to his comments.

Just admit you're racist, and don't idiotically try to defend the indefensible.

If people that agree with his comments just did the same, thry wouldn't come across so thick headed either.

But they never do. They try to huff and puff and pretend that they're something they're not - which makes Them just appear mind numbingly ignorant.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:09pm

It's why people point fingers at others after the Liberals win an election and say "My god Australians are stupid."

It's the denial that makes people appear so stupid. It's the "he's just telling it how it is" and the "I'm not racist...but..." mentality that has the rest of the modern world shaking their heads in disbelief at just how ignorant people can be.

Kennett's comments are so illogical that it makes my brain hurt. People who agree with his comments, are even more illogical than the actual comments!

However, if Kennett just owned it and said "Dude, deep down I think I'm better than Indians and I think people that were born in this country are generally better at stuff than other people. I don't hate them, don't ever purposely do anything in my daily life to make their lives worse or particularly shitty - I just deep down prefer Aussies." - then his comments wouldn't sound so utterly idiotic. It'd make sense.

If people that agree with his comments just did the same, thry wouldn't come across so thick headed either.

But they never do. They try to huff and puff and pretend that they're something they're not - which makes Them just appear mind numbingly ignorant.
Boomers and engrained racism go hand-in-hand.

It’s hard to reflect and acknowledge that something you’ve been told is acceptable your whole life might actually be wrong.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Not worth commenting on.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Well said Rita

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opini ... 7261f0abab

"It’s time to get away from all the posturing and pushing of Leftist “progressive” agendas and return to respecting the fans who turn up every week to pour money into the AFL’s coffers, writes Rita Panahi.
Rita Panahi, Herald Sun

We must never deny the sick a dignified death

Football fans, the most important stakeholders in the game, have long been treated as a mere nuisance by the AFL who appear abnormally invested in pushing polarising political barrows.

In the last decade we have seen the AFL, more so than any other sporting code, take sides on contentious political and social issues. Fans have been subjected to sanctimonious lectures and rounds of footy heavy on ideology.

Those who dare complain are routinely dismissed as bigots by league headquarters and its daft cheerleaders in the media; the same out-of-touch clowns who condemned thousands of fans as racist for booing Adam Goodes, never mind that the booing was not racially motivated no matter how desperately they try to rewrite history.

Is there anything more tiresome and tragically clueless than the woke footy media opining about issues such as racism, sexism and diversity. You get more insight conversing with toddlers on how best to denuclearise the Korean Peninsula.

Given the low opinion the AFL industry has of its supporter base, it’s little wonder that some thought it a good idea to unleash “Behavioural Awareness Officers” at games to police what fans say and how they say it.

Are you guilty of engaging in colourful banter and using terms like “bald-headed flog”? Then the footy is no place for you. Report for re-education immediately!

Are you too excitable and prone to loud celebrations?
Then get ready for a visit from the “fun police” to issue you either a stern warning or escort you out of the stadium.

If only fans would behave like obedient pets, clapping and cheering in the prescribed manner, then the AFL wouldn’t have been forced to police their behaviour.

Really, it’s the fans who should apologise to Gill and co for their impertinence.

Marvel Stadium chief executive Michael Green has acknowledged the increased aisle patrolling of his bib-wearing-thought-police may have led to patrons feeling intimidated. “People are starting to feel intimidated by that and certainly that’s not the experience we want for our fans,” he said.

Mr Green also confirmed AFL headquarters was aware and supportive of the plan to have Behavioural Awareness Officers monitoring fans.

Prominent AFL identities, including Dermott Brereton, Sam Kekovich and Robert Shaw, have spoken out strongly against the heavy handed response.

Five-time day and five-time night premiership player Brereton labelled the guards “the most ridiculous” AFL move in years.

“It really angered me to see that,’’ the Hawthorn great said.

“How ridiculous to infringe on people’s basic human rights to go along and enjoy their lifestyle, the way they have for over 100 years.’’

Former AFL player, coach and current Essendon recruiting consultant Robert Shaw posted a picture of two guards in Behavioural Awareness bibs with the caption: “40 years in the game and played, coached and spectated at some inhospitable (wonderful) rival grounds. This is a first for me. Have we really got to this? So sad if we have.”

For close to two decades, there’s been zero tolerance for racially or religiously aberrant language.

Indeed, such language is so rare that when an idiot yells out something racist, it ends up on the news. The culprits are quickly identified and their membership, if they have one, is torn up. What we are seeing now is something markedly different.

These Orwellian measures are targeting people who have not uttered anything racist, homophobic or religiously intolerant. But then, the AFL has a history of misinterpreting fans’ intentions.

League headquarters has long used the game as a means of pushing a Leftist “progressive” agenda to a populace that it has repeatedly condemned as inherently racist, so one can’t be shocked with the imposition of these oppressive measures.

Don’t be fooled by Gillon McLachlan’s weak, Clayton’s apology. “It hurts me that our fans are feeling intimidated at games,” the AFL chief executive told the Herald Sun. “I’m sorry they are feeling intimidated.

“No one at the AFL is trying to stop our fans being passionate. We’ve all got to work together on this. Police, security and the AFL to make sure the balance is right.”

He’s sorry that fans “feel” intimidated? How about apologising for intimidating fans through a series of ill-advised decisions? How about expressing genuine regret for infringing on
the rights of fans as well as falsely labelling large swathes of the league’s supporter base as racist boofheads who would target a player for his race.
Given the AFL has such a low opinion of its supporters, it’s no wonder the Behavioral Awareness Officers were out in force last weekend. Picture: Channel 7

McLachlan has been doing a lot of apologising lately. Earlier this month the AFL and its 18 clubs — including, bizarrely, Sydney — issued an ‘unreserved apology’ to Goodes for failing “to call out the racism” he endured, that is, crowds booing him, in the latter stages of his career.

This despite the fact that the booing was from the start mischaracterised as racist and condemned widely by the AFL, football media and the Swans.

In 2016 McLachlan apologised to Goodes for the “racism’ of the previous year in the league’s annual report. He wrote: “Adam stood up to represent indigenous people and he took a stand on racism. For this, I believe he was subject to hostility from some in our crowds. As a game, we should have acted sooner and I am sorry we acted too slowly.”

How many times will the league apologise to Goodes for something that requires no apology because the crowd reaction was never motivated by racism and from the start condemned by authorities?

When a sporting code so badly misunderstands its fans, it’s easy to see why it would seek to control them via Behavioural Awareness Officers."

Rita Panahi is a Herald Sun columnist

Behavioural Awareness Officers, my fat aunt,. Why doen't they call them what they are. Gestapo.
Last edited by saynta on Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

Groovy Guru
Club Player

If you have ever visited countries like China and India, or as a general rule the Middle Eastern and Asian countries as a whole, are intolerant to immigrants and you will find that they are some of the most racist and bigoted places on earth.

You could probably surmise that the very people you are championing their perceived unjust treatment, have a complete disdain of the very people that they are employed to supposedly supervise.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:36pm Well said Rita

"It’s time to get away from all the posturing and pushing of Leftist “progressive” agendas and return to respecting the fans who turn up every week to pour money into the AFL’s coffers, writes Rita Panahi.
Rita Panahi, Herald Sun

Football fans, the most important stakeholders in the game, have long been treated as a mere nuisance by the AFL who appear abnormally invested in pushing polarising political barrows.

In the last decade we have seen the AFL, more so than any other sporting code, take sides on contentious political and social issues. Fans have been subjected to sanctimonious lectures and rounds of footy heavy on ideology.

Those who dare complain are routinely dismissed as bigots by league headquarters and its daft cheerleaders in the media; the same out-of-touch clowns who condemned thousands of fans as racist for booing Adam Goodes, never mind that the booing was not racially motivated no matter how desperately they try to rewrite history.

Is there anything more tiresome and tragically clueless than the woke footy media opining about issues such as racism, sexism and diversity. You get more insight conversing with toddlers on how best to denuclearise the Korean Peninsula.

Given the low opinion the AFL industry has of its supporter base, it’s little wonder that some thought it a good idea to unleash “Behavioural Awareness Officers” at games to police what fans say and how they say it.

Are you guilty of engaging in colourful banter and using terms like “bald-headed flog”? Then the footy is no place for you. Report for re-education immediately!

Then get ready for a visit from the “fun police” to issue you either a stern warning or escort you out of the stadium.

If only fans would behave like obedient pets, clapping and cheering in the prescribed manner, then the AFL wouldn’t have been forced to police their behaviour.

Really, it’s the fans who should apologise to Gill and co for their impertinence.

Marvel Stadium chief executive Michael Green has acknowledged the increased aisle patrolling of his bib-wearing-thought-police may have led to patrons feeling intimidated. “People are starting to feel intimidated by that and certainly that’s not the experience we want for our fans,” he said.

Mr Green also confirmed AFL headquarters was aware and supportive of the plan to have Behavioural Awareness Officers monitoring fans.

Prominent AFL identities, including Dermott Brereton, Sam Kekovich and Robert Shaw, have spoken out strongly against the heavy handed response.

Five-time day and five-time night premiership player Brereton labelled the guards “the most ridiculous” AFL move in years.

“How ridiculous to infringe on people’s basic human rights to go along and enjoy their lifestyle, the way they have for over 100 years.’’

Former AFL player, coach and current Essendon recruiting consultant Robert Shaw posted a picture of two guards in Behavioural Awareness bibs with the caption: “40 years in the game and played, coached and spectated at some inhospitable (wonderful) rival grounds. This is a first for me. Have we really got to this? So sad if we have.”

For close to two decades, there’s been zero tolerance for racially or religiously aberrant language.

Indeed, such language is so rare that when an idiot yells out something racist, it ends up on the news. The culprits are quickly identified and their membership, if they have one, is torn up. What we are seeing now is something markedly different.

These Orwellian measures are targeting people who have not uttered anything racist, homophobic or religiously intolerant. But then, the AFL has a history of misinterpreting fans’ intentions.

League headquarters has long used the game as a means of pushing a Leftist “progressive” agenda to a populace that it has repeatedly condemned as inherently racist, so one can’t be shocked with the imposition of these oppressive measures.

Don’t be fooled by Gillon McLachlan’s weak, Clayton’s apology. “It hurts me that our fans are feeling intimidated at games,” the AFL chief executive told the Herald Sun. “I’m sorry they are feeling intimidated.

“No one at the AFL is trying to stop our fans being passionate. We’ve all got to work together on this. Police, security and the AFL to make sure the balance is right.”

He’s sorry that fans “feel” intimidated? How about apologising for intimidating fans through a series of ill-advised decisions? How about expressing genuine regret for infringing on
the rights of fans as well as falsely labelling large swathes of the league’s supporter base as racist boofheads who would target a player for his race.
Given the AFL has such a low opinion of its supporters, it’s no wonder the Behavioral Awareness Officers were out in force last weekend. Picture: Channel 7

McLachlan has been doing a lot of apologising lately. Earlier this month the AFL and its 18 clubs — including, bizarrely, Sydney — issued an ‘unreserved apology’ to Goodes for failing “to call out the racism” he endured, that is, crowds booing him, in the latter stages of his career.

This despite the fact that the booing was from the start mischaracterised as racist and condemned widely by the AFL, football media and the Swans.

In 2016 McLachlan apologised to Goodes for the “racism’ of the previous year in the league’s annual report. He wrote: “Adam stood up to represent indigenous people and he took a stand on racism. For this, I believe he was subject to hostility from some in our crowds. As a game, we should have acted sooner and I am sorry we acted too slowly.”

How many times will the league apologise to Goodes for something that requires no apology because the crowd reaction was never motivated by racism and from the start condemned by authorities?

When a sporting code so badly misunderstands its fans, it’s easy to see why it would seek to control them via Behavioural Awareness Officers."

Behavioural Awareness Officers, my fat aunt,. Why doen't they call them what they are. Gestapo.
Rita Panahi? She wasn’t even born here, what would she know about footy?!?!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:50pm
saynta wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:36pm Well said Rita

Rita Panahi, Herald Sun

Rita Panahi? She wasn’t even born here, what would she know about footy?!?!
Seems to know enough to write a bloody good article.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Groovy Guru wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:38pm

If you have ever visited countries like China and India, or as a general rule the Middle Eastern and Asian countries as a whole, are intolerant to immigrants and you will find that they are some of the most racist and bigoted places on earth.

You could probably surmise that the very people you are championing their perceived unjust treatment, have a complete disdain of the very people that they are employed to supposedly supervise.
See, when someone puts their hand up and admits it - it is much more logical.

"They're racist - so why can't I be?!"

Although I don't necessarily agree, at least it's a starting point for a conversation.

As for the second part of your post, I'm not championing anyone and haven't even broached the subject of them being treated unjustly.

Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 3:20pm 7 Eleven outlets in Melbourne are always staffed by Indians (I would guess 95%). It's not racist, it's just fact. They are overworked, underpaid and get treated like crap. Probably all students or new arrivals too.
But apparently perfectly qualified to be Behavioral Awareness Officers!

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
Groovy Guru
Club Player

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 7:13pm
Groovy Guru wrote: Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:38pm

See, when someone puts their hand up and admits it - it is much more logical.

"They're racist - so why can't I be?!"

Although I don't necessarily agree, at least it's a starting point for a conversation.

As for the second part of your post, I'm not championing anyone and haven't even broached the subject of them being treated unjustly.
Ah Bazza, a typical elitist inner suburb socialist lefty response.

Didn’t mention at all that “because they are racist then we can be too” but it didn’t surprise me that you would pull that old chestnut out.

Was merely stating a fact.

I understand that it can be uncomfortable when facts are produced to support an opinion so the modus operadi is to go the strawman argument.

But by all means proceed with your outrage, don’t let me get in the way of good dose of indignation and condescension to make your day.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote: Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:33am
BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 16 Jun 2019 9:59pm
The AFL own the sport. The clubs literally gave it to them 30 odd years ago.

It's theirs. Not ours.

They make the rules. You've got to abide by them.

The only way to change it, is to stop buying their product.
NO.
The football public own the sport.
The AFL administer it.
For all intents and purposes, the elite level is owned by the AFL, which is how most of us access the sport and the club we love.

Basically, the AFL does own the sport. Like Siegfried owns Roy.

I've been saying this for a while and people are catching on - it's their product, their business. We are not owners in any way.

We (the consumer) are simply consumers of what they (the content provider) serves up.

Blinded by a ridiculous loyalty - me too, I'm a 30+ year member - we keep pumping money in to their bottom line.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

”Behavioural Awareness Officers”. How Orwellian can you get!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.