How good was THAT?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

How good was THAT?

....... Being at RSEA Park yesterday for the screening of the Interstate game was great! The club are slowly but surely getting their act together and yesterday was pretty much spot-on! Hot food available (okay, it was hot chips and pies, but hey! it IS the footy after all !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Beer, wine etc at reasonable prices. Screens placed at several places around the venue ensuring that everyone gets to see the game......... gee does anyone remember the days back in 2002 when the telly screen in the Trevor Barker room packed up and we all had to squeeze into the pokies room to see it on the tiny TV's they had there? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YES!!! I KNOW! a win does make it better, but honestly, I've been to all the interstate events at the club in 2019 and the vibe has generally been good ...even for games like the Shanghai one. I enjoy meeting up with my Saints pals, having a chat, and mingling pre game. It's a "work in progress" but I honestly believe that if the club go about it with some degree of enthusiasm and good sense, then the "new" Moorabbin has the potential to become much more than simply an "administrative centre" but also a great social hub for Saints members. Potential for increased revenue is enormous!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Re: How good was THAT?

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 16 Jun 2019 9:07pm ....... Being at RSEA Park yesterday for the screening of the Interstate game was great! The club are slowly but surely getting their act together and yesterday was pretty much spot-on! Hot food available (okay, it was hot chips and pies, but hey! it IS the footy after all !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Beer, wine etc at reasonable prices. Screens placed at several places around the venue ensuring that everyone gets to see the game......... gee does anyone remember the days back in 2002 when the telly screen in the Trevor Barker room packed up and we all had to squeeze into the pokies room to see it on the tiny TV's they had there? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YES!!! I KNOW! a win does make it better, but honestly, I've been to all the interstate events at the club in 2019 and the vibe has generally been good ...even for games like the Shanghai one. I enjoy meeting up with my Saints pals, having a chat, and mingling pre game. It's a "work in progress" but I honestly believe that if the club go about it with some degree of enthusiasm and good sense, then the "new" Moorabbin has the potential to become much more than simply an "administrative centre" but also a great social hub for Saints members. Potential for increased revenue is enormous!
Agreed, I was actually amazed at how many turned up to watch, beer prices were really good ($8.00 for a pint) and the pies were fantastic, bette than the standard 4 n twenty. Will certainly go more often

stkfc1
Club Player

Its a really good day. Actually the Sunday sessions they were doing there in summer was also good. The club could really turn Moorabbin into a money making machine if they do things right. Just needs a Bistro!!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 12:12pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 16 Jun 2019 9:07pm ....... Being at RSEA Park yesterday for the screening of the Interstate game was great! The club are slowly but surely getting their act together and yesterday was pretty much spot-on! Hot food available (okay, it was hot chips and pies, but hey! it IS the footy after all !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Beer, wine etc at reasonable prices. Screens placed at several places around the venue ensuring that everyone gets to see the game......... gee does anyone remember the days back in 2002 when the telly screen in the Trevor Barker room packed up and we all had to squeeze into the pokies room to see it on the tiny TV's they had there? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YES!!! I KNOW! a win does make it better, but honestly, I've been to all the interstate events at the club in 2019 and the vibe has generally been good ...even for games like the Shanghai one. I enjoy meeting up with my Saints pals, having a chat, and mingling pre game. It's a "work in progress" but I honestly believe that if the club go about it with some degree of enthusiasm and good sense, then the "new" Moorabbin has the potential to become much more than simply an "administrative centre" but also a great social hub for Saints members. Potential for increased revenue is enormous!
Agreed, I was actually amazed at how many turned up to watch, beer prices were really good ($8.00 for a pint) and the pies were fantastic, bette than the standard 4 n twenty. Will certainly go more often
The first one I attended was in round three (Fremantle in Perth) and I was a wee bit disappointed that the only hot food available was from a food van parked in the car park. However, as the season has progressed, the standard of catering has most definitely improved. I had the pleasure of attending a "Crest Event" prior to the GWS game..... it was EXCELLENT! A conducted tour of the facility (which made me very happy at the progress we're making off-field) was followed by a talk from Roger Chitty whose dad played for the Saints pre war and was the first recipient of the Changi Brownlow. With organisation and enthusiasm the facility at Moorabbin can become an integral part of the Saints experience... I LOVE the idea of being able to catch up with my pals (and meet NEW ones!) at what is fast becoming our Social Hub!!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 2:09pm Its a really good day. Actually the Sunday sessions they were doing there in summer was also good. The club could really turn Moorabbin into a money making machine if they do things right. Just needs a Bistro!!
A-RIGHT!!! spot on colleague! A Bistro, BUT a very well run Bistro, could over time create a whole new element to being a Sainter...... What a great spot to organise meet-ups for groups like the CS or MW or Travelling Saints!!