Who believes North and Carlton will sustain...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Who believes North and Carlton will sustain...

....their “rebound” and why or why not?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
guitars4
Club Player

Re: Who believes North and Carlton will sustain...

To win after the coach has been sacked happens I reckon 90% of the time . I think the mind set changes player feel a bit of liberation & play more instinctively than re-actively & it works in the short term but it won't last IMO

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

guitars4 wrote: Sun 09 Jun 2019 1:35am To win after the coach has been sacked happens I reckon 90% of the time . I think the mind set changes player feel a bit of liberation & play more instinctively than re-actively & it works in the short term but it won't last IMO
wrong wrong WRONG

Article from Fox Sports of May 31, just after Brad "Kray" Scott walked the gangplank:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... 60d50c7306
..."Of the 18 caretaker coaches since 2000 that have taken over duties...only seven of them have led their clubs to first-up wins.

Perhaps this is because our expectations of these coaches are so low — if we have any at all — that we vividly remember the first-up wins yet easily forget the first-up losses."

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
realdeal
Club Player

North might as they actually have some good mature players.

Carlton won't as they have an amazing Patty Cripps and not much else.

guitars4
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 09 Jun 2019 1:55am
guitars4 wrote: Sun 09 Jun 2019 1:35am To win after the coach has been sacked happens I reckon 90% of the time . I think the mind set changes player feel a bit of liberation & play more instinctively than re-actively & it works in the short term but it won't last IMO
wrong wrong WRONG

Article from Fox Sports of May 31, just after Brad "Kray" Scott walked the gangplank:
..."Of the 18 caretaker coaches since 2000 that have taken over duties...only seven of them have led their clubs to first-up wins.

Perhaps this is because our expectations of these coaches are so low — if we have any at all — that we vividly remember the first-up wins yet easily forget the first-up losses."
Fair call the facts speak for themselves I was wrong :wink:

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

guitars4 wrote: Sun 09 Jun 2019 12:21pm
wrong wrong WRONG

Not really. I don't think you were that wrong. 7 out of 18 is amazing considering that sacked coaches are not taking over teams that have won 4 and a half of their last ten games.

The premise of my question is based on whether our team is playing the best it can, given its situation and how a team can suddenly become 'good' . I guess the common hunch is that players are being constrained or trained to do things that are not instinctive to them, and then when suddenly released from whatever constraints they perceived to be holding them back, they surge.

And so I wonder if our blokes are feeling that kind of restraint now or whether they are actually peaking and still not good enough. If the latter is true, then the case for Richo looks different.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 09 Jun 2019 12:35pm
wrong wrong WRONG

Not really. I don't think you were that wrong. 7 out of 18 is amazing considering that sacked coaches are not taking over teams that have won 4 and a half of their last ten games.

The premise of my question is based on whether our team is playing the best it can, given its situation and how a team can suddenly become 'good' . I guess the common hunch is that players are being constrained or trained to do things that are not instinctive to them, and then when suddenly released from whatever constraints they perceived to be holding them back, they surge.

And so I wonder if our blokes are feeling that kind of restraint now or whether they are actually peaking and still not good enough. If the latter is true, then the case for Richo looks different.
Carlton's win makes it 8 out of 19 now. That's a LONG way from 90%.
"not that wrong"? he's wrong. You can't be "a little bit pregnant", you either are, or you aren't.
You need to go back to grade 3 maths.
Unbelievable. :evil:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Laurie
Club Player

They will both finish on top of us in the ladder at the end of the year.

guitars4
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 09 Jun 2019 1:15pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 09 Jun 2019 12:35pm
wrong wrong WRONG

Carlton's win makes it 8 out of 19 now. That's a LONG way from 90%.
"not that wrong"? he's wrong. You can't be "a little bit pregnant", you either are, or you aren't.
You need to go back to grade 3 maths.
Unbelievable. :evil:
Yeah I think you've made your point as I said I was wrong :oops: It's not the first time & definitely won't be the last but

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

No, you are not that wrong, Carlton’s record was very poor in the last thirty or so games is terrible and Bolton’s win ratio is 20-30% - in any case, without the numbers quibble there is no doubt that a rebound effect is real, as alluded to in the Richo thread.

Carlton also had a remarkable turn-around mid game. I guess most punters suggest it won’t last. Some suggest in the Richo thread that our boost early in the season came from assistant coach changes.

In any case, if our players are peaking, as individuals and as team contributors, we have a long, long way back.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Nope.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

The one thing I will garauntee is we will finish bottom 4 again!

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Sun 09 Jun 2019 9:19pm The one thing I will guarantee is we will finish bottom 4 again!
It's just like being home... :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?