White and King make VFL team of week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

White and King make VFL team of week

Must be big chances for the Gold Coast game coming up. White needs to start playing.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: White and King make VFL team of week

Although I'd also like to see Hanners in for the Suns game, maybe he needs to play one full VFL game before making his poss debut against the Lions in Rd 14.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
DJ Higgins
Club Player

White yes king no. White really didn't do a lot wrong to get dropped considering the performance of other players and imo should have played instead of coffield last week
King is not AFL ready yet plus he has had bugger all games in vfl. Let the kid dominate a game or two, get some meat on his bones and then step up. I'd be happy if he didn't play this season at all

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Exciting though :o)

saintadamski
Club Player

White is a talented footballer that is constantly overlooked.

This is due to Richardson's man crush on Newnes, and inept decisions at the selection table.

My concern is that White will be picked up by another club, where he will finally get a run, and blossom.

Good for him....but another tragedy for us.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Eli Templeton and Dale Thomas also made it. So elite company there.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

White King cleaning up
I like it 👍

In red white and black from 73
saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintadamski wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 6:20pm White is a talented footballer that is constantly overlooked.

This is due to Richardson's man crush on Newnes, and inept decisions at the selection table.

My concern is that White will be picked up by another club, where he will finally get a run, and blossom.

White plays HBF, Newnes is a winger. They don't play in the same position. White's non selection has nothing to do with Newnes.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 7:15pm
saintadamski wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 6:20pm White is a talented footballer that is constantly overlooked.

White plays HBF, Newnes is a winger. They don't play in the same position. White's non selection has nothing to do with Newnes.
Thanks for responding for me Saynta.

Just another poster pushing BS against people at the club they don't like. E.g. Alan and Newnes, to fit their biased and unbalanced never ending narrative.

Total = 1.
SuperDuper
Club Player

Richo over rates tanks, He likes Newnes because when he turns the ball over, he rushes back to try to fix his own error. One in ten he makes it back to save his error and gets the praise for his work ethic. White cant run as much as Newnes, but does not need to because firstly he runs to the right spots, and secondly he hits targets, so he can then jog back to his man as our forward shoots for goal, having been hit on the tit.

Phillips is another Richo loves due to his tank. He turns it over less, but only because he hits up short passes that rarely lead to scoring opportunities.

Some of the following players are young and will develop, but right now White is clearly a better footballer than Newnes, Phillips, Marsh, Coffield, Young, Long and Joyce... yet he does not meet Richo's strange criteria for selection

The club banged on about having the fittest list in the comp, as though they should get an award from the AFL.

Someone tell Richo we are playing AFL, not trying to win team triathlons

White must play this week

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I told him and Cho paused...he said "Yeah, that might work"...then he fumbled round in one of his drawers and paused again.

I said what's the matter? He replied, "Nah...not happening"

I said Why? Cho replied "I've lost the magnet that says 'White'"

saintadamski
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 7:21pm
saynta wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 7:15pm

Thanks for responding for me Saynta.

Just another poster pushing BS against people at the club they don't like. E.g. Alan and Newnes, to fit their biased and unbalanced never ending narrative.
Newnes is played all over the ground - and is awful everywhere he plays.

I don't 'like' or 'dislike' players and coaches.
I watch them objectively, and make conclusions based on their performance.

Fools like you develop the narrative, based on hopes and prayers, and subjective ramblings, without even opening your eyes and taking a look at reality.

It's a below average list...but keep jerking yourself off, while you tell yourself how great it is....as we get flogged and wind up bottom 4...yet again

Yep, that Newnes....He be a star! (and he has plenty of C grade company)

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Jerking yourself off...how old are you?

I disagree with everything you said and don't put your words into my mouth and thoughts into my head.

Again, Newnes has nothing to do with White. Stop the bias.

For what it's worth, I'm expecting White to be picked next week. He is still a kid and developing but who knows what his attitude is like, how he trains, listens to instructions, etc. There might be multiple reasons why he hasn't been picked this year.

Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

White just has to come into the team now, doesn’t he?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintadamski
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 06 Jun 2019 2:55pm Jerking yourself off...how old are you?

I disagree with everything you said and don't put your words into my mouth and thoughts into my head.

Again, Newnes has nothing to do with White. Stop the bias.

For what it's worth, I'm expecting White to be picked next week. He is still a kid and developing but who knows what his attitude is like, how he trains, listens to instructions, etc. There might be multiple reasons why he hasn't been picked this year.
Newnes has nothing to do with White??

Newnes has been played across half back, on the wing, in the forward line - literally everywhere apart from the ruck...and besides, in modern football, there is no longer such a thing as a true winger, or half back...it's one big rolling zone, where space is covered across the entire length of the ground by multiple players, rather than the old days of being in only one part of the ground....time to drag yourself out of the 80's.

The key point here, is that players like Newnes are gifted a game week in week out, based on some spurious reason of 'experience'.

This is a reason that feeds itself...as the more games you give him, the more 'experienced' he becomes, until you reach a point where a player that should have NEVER been given games in the first place, becomes our most 'experienced' and thus irreplaceable.

Then there are blind fans like yourself, that can't seem to understand what COULD be, rather than what is....The thought process goes something like: "Newnes was played last week, thus Newnes must be played again this week" or "Newnes wears a St.Kilda jumper....St.kilda jumper good! Newnes good!"....just a bizarre way of thinking that lacks all vision.

Anyone that has watched White in the VFL can see that he has some serious talent and skill.

The current generation of St Kilda 'senior' players are C grade...and defended vigorously by people like yourself.

we will remain at the ladder's basement until a new generation are brought through...This new generation will need to be lead by guys like King, Gresham, and Steele.

Until then....get used to the darkness in the basement.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Ok mate. 🙄

Total = 1.
Saintly66
Club Player

At what point do “kids” stop being “kids”, before we know it they’ll still be kids and be on the verge of 30. For god sake play White ffs. Won’t surprise me if we lose promising youngsters to other clubs, but hey they have to earn their spots yeah? Ie: be BOG every game for 5 seasons in a row and you just MAY get a look in.

saintadamski
Club Player

Saintly66 wrote: Thu 06 Jun 2019 8:56pm At what point do “kids” stop being “kids”, before we know it they’ll still be kids and be on the verge of 30. For god sake play White ffs. Won’t surprise me if we lose promising youngsters to other clubs, but hey they have to earn their spots yeah? Ie: be BOG every game for 5 seasons in a row and you just MAY get a look in.
Yep agree.

Every promising youngster has to 'earn' their spot, with weekly BOG performances, while every inept, consistently bad, senior player has their magnet super glued to the white board at match committee.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

If something appears too good to be true....well....If White not being given a fair go on merit seems like a vindictive act maybe it is. He is clearly a better player than several regulars and has long term potential. Something is unsettling about the way AR goes about his job, over and above his inability to get the team to win. When the inside story comes out in a year or two I imagine even those on here that will feel vindicated will still be sadly shocked about the level of incompetence. There is a strange power thing going on at the club and it will be interesting to see how AR's control of events is removed, as it must, because you can't keep pretending about the club's inadequate on field performances - surely. We are putting a good squad together that needs a good coach/leader now.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 06 Jun 2019 2:55pm don't put your words into my mouth and thoughts into my head.
Yeah, please don't put any thoughts into Teddy's head. He has enough trouble with his own thought's as it is. :wink:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!