It's round 10

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ListManager
Club Player

Re: It's round 10

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 10:35am So Listmanager who should we have spent the money on ? Hanners will be good for the club ,not to many young blokes leaving the club because of his signing ,Gresh signed,Marshall very soon,King signed ,Billings hopefully soon who are these young blokes leaving that you speak of?
We should have spent the money on a young gun 24 years old or younger. If we were unable to get that young gun then front load our young guns so we can have an even bigger War Chest next year and the following year etc. It's all about being smart with your Total Player Payments (TPP), otherwise known as the Salary Cap.

NeXus Nick is back but where is Joffaboy????
King12
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 9:14am
King12 wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 12:51am
samuraisaint wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 10:30pm
ListManager wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 7:31pm I was definitely against trading for Hanners and I actually demanded that Gallagher be sacked. Obviously they did not sack him. Anyway, Hanners is a Saints player now and we have to make the best of it. He hasn't played VFL yet so I'm guessing he will be lucky to debut by round. 15. That being the case I say give him the whole year off so he is hot to trot for 2020. Just my thoughts.
He won't play seniors this year. Neither will Jake, Logan, Paddy, Dylan or Bytel.

Max King might though. Hope so.

I don't think we'll see Stuv, Gears or Lonie again this year either.

Improvement will need to come from Billings, Gresh, Membrey, and hopefully Clark and Coffield. Get more games into the likes of Phillips, Rice, Joyce and White too.
WowWee, big calls!
Well, Paddy and Dylan are hardly big calls, as they have serious health concerns. Bytel came to us with a serious injury and didn't do a full pre-season. Logan had shoulder surgery a few weeks back, and isn't training. Hanners is finally training but had a limited pre-season and hasn't played a reserves game yet and won't for the next few weeks - at least. Jake had back surgery, didn't have much of a pre-season and was rumoured to be 5-6 weeks away - and that is from games in the reserves, he certainly won't be match fit for seniors in 5-6 weeks.
Gears had compartment syndrome and a serious version of it at that, and I would be very surprised if he is back this year. Lonie is a long way away from reports I have seen regrettably and Stuv could be back next week or not at all this season based on how he goes.
If we were heading to finals some might come back, but finals are extremely unlikely. If we win well tomorrow we are still a mathematical chance, but we'd have to win three of the next four to give it a real shake.
I don' t think there is a big call in the lot actually. I think I'm being realistic.
Well Gears will be back after Bye, bookmark, Banners back in 2's next week, Lonie will play this year and King will debut if he stays on the park.

Jake will also play, so as I said, big calls, each to their own, let's see who's right, all the best! 😉

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Hannebery is pencilled in to play for Sandy against Coburg in a couple of weeks.