If we beat the Blues....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

If we beat the Blues....

....we are still 5-5. I'm taking that any day this pre-season folks.

We have an easier draw in the second half of the year so we could still chalk up a few more wins. IMO, I reckon we will come home with a bit of a wet sail.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: If we beat the Blues....

Its massive we beat the Blues this week. Massive.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 8:00pm ....we are still 5-5. I'm taking that any day this pre-season folks.

We have an easier draw in the second half of the year so we could still chalk up a few more wins. IMO, I reckon we will come home with a bit of a wet sail.
At the risk of glossing over cracks - What do these ladder positions have in common?

2, 4, 5, 6, 8?

They are the teams that have beaten us this year!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Yep. All top 8 sides.

Total = 1.
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

If we beat the Blues....

It's a big "if" at this point

Someone mentioned reality checks
This will be it

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 8:05pm It's a big "if" at this point

This will be it
Totally agree - if we win and win well then the season may be back on track - not looking to be contenders - but would be happy being a pretender in September this year!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
guitars4
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 8:13pm
HardSaint wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 8:05pm It's a big "if" at this point

This will be it
Totally agree - if we win and win well then the season may be back on track - not looking to be contenders - but would be happy being a pretender in September this year!
And if we lose ?

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Isn’t that the excuse every year?
Top 8 sides beating us.....

We’ll strike me pink, purple and blue.....that’s why we are out of the 8 all the time!!!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 8:00pm ....we are still 5-5. I'm taking that any day this pre-season folks.

Yes, good post. Beat Carlton and after Port in China (NO CHANCE!) we play Gold Coast in Townsville and Brisbane down here. We should win 3 of the next 4. But the selectors MUST be bold with their selections and not just play people based on good games they played three, four or five years ago. Players need to be selected on merit based on their exposed form be it in the seniors or in the magoos.

Today by playing Marsh and Young we are moving in the right direction. Players who faded out in the last quarter need to be given a spell next week.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
guitars4
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 8:28pm

Yes, good post. Beat Carlton and after Port in China (NO CHANCE!) we play Gold Coast in Townsville and Brisbane down here. We should win 3 of the next 4. But the selectors MUST be bold with their selections and not just play people based on good games they played three, four or five years ago. Players need to be selected on merit based on their exposed form be it in the seniors or in the magoos.

Today by playing Marsh and Young we are moving in the right direction. Players who faded out in the last quarter need to be given a spell next week.
But you can't drop 15 players :wink: