Acres - The Forgotten Man?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Acres - The Forgotten Man?

takeaway wrote: Thu 21 Mar 2019 8:52pm
Suggest you read the thread, and other threads involving Acres. Pretty obvious. Having said that, he is also in the assets column of quite a few.
Thanks for the reply
I did read and up until my post thought that the vast majority were quite positive on acres
at worst a few have written wrongly used on the field which is not a criticism of him
If you saw a negative call that one out

Seeya
takeaway
Club Player

sunsaint wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2019 1:45am
Suggest you read the thread, and other threads involving Acres. Pretty obvious. Having said that, he is also in the assets column of quite a few.
Thanks for the reply
I did read and up until my post thought that the vast majority were quite positive on acres
at worst a few have written wrongly used on the field which is not a criticism of him
With the current rules, I am not going to call any out. But you don't have to read down very far at all. Also other threads involving Acres. I agree criticism of how he is used on the field is not a criticism of him, but he has not been immune from inane negative comments about his performance. Better off than a lot of others though.
He is definitely in my assets column, just needs to get himself fit...... and improve his ruck work.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

According to the coach Acres has only played one seconds match.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2019 7:27am
sunsaint wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2019 1:45am
Thanks for the reply
With the current rules, I am not going to call any out. But you don't have to read down very far at all. Also other threads involving Acres. I agree criticism of how he is used on the field is not a criticism of him, but he has not been immune from inane negative comments about his performance. Better off than a lot of others though.
He is definitely in my assets column, just needs to get himself fit...... and improve his ruck work.
Obviously your joking about the ruck work?????

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Did alright today. Top possession winner but still a bit underdone.

Superboot
SS Life Member

To the top wrote: Thu 21 Mar 2019 6:53pm Acres is a class act both in winning the ball and his usage

He has been used running the wings from full back to full forward - however I would like to see him in the “guts”, not running wing patterns

The one area for improvement, given his size, is his overhead marking which I would like to see a feature. He has the size to be really dangerous in this space as well
Lots to like about Blake, as you infer.

But he fell into a habit of doing everything in slow motion, with at least 3 or 4 of his kicks smothered every week because they were telegraphed. Needs to sharpen up.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saynta wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 7:18pm Did alright today. Top possession winner but still a bit underdone.
Did you go to the game Santa?

Seeya