Please explain...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Please explain...

Why is it that everyone on here has such great faith in Ratten? Don't get me wrong - I know the truth is out there and I do want to believe! - but where does this faith come from? I don't ever remember thinking the blues played well under him and I never liked the way he came across in the pressers. Apart from the fact that he's "somebody else"! What is it about him that's so good?

minneapolis
Club Player

Re: Please explain...

Mate, you are two years too early!

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
GilsAuPair
Club Player

Clarkson factor.
He was Asst to Clarkson so basic assumption is that makes him almost god.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

GilsAuPair wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 5:05am Clarkson factor.
He was Asst to Clarkson so basic assumption is that makes him almost god.
It’s about false hope. We’ve been living with it since Newnes debuted.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Think of coaches as lightening rods for hate and outrage. There has to be someone to blame for our pathetic lives. Give me my premiership before I die.

I strongly disagree that this thread is about 2 years too early, hate and outrage waits for no one in the age of entitlement, I say Brett will become the loathed 1 day after Alan has departed the building.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Because according to Josh Bruce on SEN last night - The new coaches have breathed a new life into drills/meetings/communications - they were over the same old - same old and were getting disillusioned with training/coaching.

New faces - New voices - it may not be about the who - but about the change.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 1:19am Why is it that everyone on here has such great faith in Ratten? Don't get me wrong - I know the truth is out there and I do want to believe! - but where does this faith come from? I don't ever remember thinking the blues played well under him and I never liked the way he came across in the pressers. Apart from the fact that he's "somebody else"! What is it about him that's so good?
Because we follow a perennial cellar dwelling unsuccessful football club, but deep down inside we are eternal optimists searching for our new Messiah.

I agree, other than working under Clarkson who is the premier coach of his era, I don’t understand why Ratten has such status on this site.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
CarlD
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 7:29am Because according to Josh Bruce on SEN last night - The new coaches have breathed a new life into drills/meetings/communications - they were over the same old - same old and were getting disillusioned with training/coaching.

New faces - New voices - it may not be about the who - but about the change.
Doesn't seem to have changed odd team selections. While we don't have the cattle of the stronger clubs we at least need to put a team on the park that will give us the best chance. We may be fortunate this week but thereafter is problematic. Already we seem to have moved away from the JLT approach ie more run.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

For one, he has a significantly better senior coaching record than our actual senior coach...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

The_Dud wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 8:23am For one, he has a significantly better senior coaching record than our actual senior coach...
So does my dog......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Ratten can’t be held responsible for anything that happens on Richo’s watch. The buck stops with the senior coach.