Billings yet to re-sign

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Billings yet to re-sign

Sanctorum wrote: Mon 12 Nov 2018 8:12pm All of the comments about Billings and others delaying contract talks based on Richo's future at the club are totally off the mark, and shows that a lot of supporters are obsessed with a dislike/hatred of Alan Richardson and allow this to flavour their reaction to whether or not certain players will choose to remain at the club.

Get over it! The club has endorsed Richo as senior coach for 2019, and that's that. Far better to accept this as "it is what it is" and reserve further judgement until the 2019 season unfolds. None of us has inside information about what any of the players think of Richo, and if Acres recent support for Richo is a guide, then you have to believe that the players are confident in his ability to get them to improve next year. And if it's good enough for the players to back their senior coach, then that should be good enough for supporters as well.

As I posted earlier on this topic, I am backing Billings to become elite in 2019, under the guidance of Brett Ratten, and could well emulate Ratten's previous protege at Hawthorn, Tom Mitchell, and win a Brownlow.
Talk about a textbook contradiction, 'none of us know' but you then state that the Billings talk is totally off the mark?

You can do whatever you like champ, no player is going to publicly ridicule the coach even when they know he is a complete cabbage. I'm not accepting us winning 4 games and most of our young players going backwards.

From what I can gather Billings, Acres & Steven would love to see the back of Richo have all explored options and our best ruckmen asked to be traded, you believe whatever you like.

If we really need Ratten to guide the players, then Richo is toast.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Sanctorum wrote: Mon 12 Nov 2018 8:12pm All of the comments about Billings and others delaying contract talks based on Richo's future at the club are totally off the mark, and shows that a lot of supporters are obsessed with a dislike/hatred of Alan Richardson and allow this to flavour their reaction to whether or not certain players will choose to remain at the club.

Get over it! The club has endorsed Richo as senior coach for 2019, and that's that. Far better to accept this as "it is what it is" and reserve further judgement until the 2019 season unfolds. None of us has inside information about what any of the players think of Richo, and if Acres recent support for Richo is a guide, then you have to believe that the players are confident in his ability to get them to improve next year. And if it's good enough for the players to back their senior coach, then that should be good enough for supporters as well.

As I posted earlier on this topic, I am backing Billings to become elite in 2019, under the guidance of Brett Ratten, and could well emulate Ratten's previous protege at Hawthorn, Tom Mitchell, and win a Brownlow.
Good post. Richo has nothing to do with Billings not re-signing. The fact Richo keeps on filtering into nearly every thread is becoming tiresome and ridiculous. Desperation Stakes Group 1 at its finest!

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 12 Nov 2018 8:33pm

Good post. Richo has nothing to do with Billings not re-signing. The fact Richo keeps on filtering into nearly every thread is becoming tiresome and ridiculous. Desperation Stakes Group 1 at its finest!
Why was he a (nearly) done deal to Essendon only a few weeks ago then?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Rumour floating about. Essendon wanted him or else Billings said no anyway and never wanted to leave.

Stop blaming Richo for everything.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 12 Nov 2018 8:38pm Rumour floating about. Essendon wanted him or else Billings said no anyway and never wanted to leave.

Now that is complete BS.

Why would you post done deal unless you are a complete trolling liar?

You can't have it both ways mate.

Even Simon backed up your claim that the deal was looking likely, there is no way it gets to that stage if a player is happy.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Goal posts change positions. Live with it.

There are no absolutes in the trade arena.

Total = 1.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 12 Nov 2018 9:03pm Goal posts change positions. Live with it.

There are no absolutes in the trade arena.
So… you are either a filthy liar or… a filthy liar depending which portable goal posts you'd like us to gaze upon.

Got it.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Ok. Now you are just making stuff up.

Readjusted the post way back anyway. As I said, live with changing goalposts. If only trade time was that simple! :shock:

Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 12 Nov 2018 8:38pm Rumour floating about. Essendon wanted him or else Billings said no anyway and never wanted to leave.

Come on Ted, if you keep spinning bulls*** I’m bringing the red glow back.

You posted Billings to Essendon #9 - done!
Not maybe, not an offer - done.

By the way no media picked this done deal up, only you and some big footy trolls.

Now we’re you bullshitting then or bullshitting now when you state he never wanted to leave?

The red glow is coming back Teddysainter!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 12 Nov 2018 9:12pm Ok. Now you are just making stuff up.

Readjusted the post way back anyway. As I said, live with changing goalposts. If only trade time was that simple! :shock:
It’s glow time Teddysainter!

See how I inserted glow instead of go in that catchy phrase 8-)

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

am i the only one who loved Biggus Martus ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

As I said, was apparantly done at the time but the goal posts shifted pretty quickly from what I was told. Could have been for a number of reasons. You have to accept the changing of the landscape when it comes to the trade arena. Just like the sands shift in a desert. Its not hard to comprehend that things can change very quickly around that time of year. E.g. when Boyd and Griffin unexpectedly swapped on the final day of trade period a few years back

Total = 1.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 12 Nov 2018 10:04pm As I said, was apparantly done at the time but the goal posts shifted pretty quickly from what I was told. Could have been for a number of reasons. You have to accept the changing of the landscape when it comes to the trade arena. Just like the sands shift in a desert. Its not hard to comprehend that things can change very quickly around that time of year. E.g. when Boyd and Griffin unexpectedly swapped on the final day of trade period a few years back
So your position is...
- It was a done deal (Billings to Essendon) that changed
- and in another thread Billings never wanted to leave Saints

From this we must assume either the club wanted Billings out and the deal fell through or based on your track record you have taken another Big Footy story and tried to pass it off as inside information on this site.

Not one media outlet picked up the Billings to Essendon story, it was a Big Footy special.

Hmmmm, I wonder which one fits :roll:

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Big Footy? No idea what that is and never visited. Not everything gets through to the media believe it or not. There are some real doozies that have never made the papers over recent years.

Already explained this all before. Keep trying Joffa.

Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 10:16am Big Footy? No idea what that is and never visited. Not everything gets through to the media believe it or not. There are some real doozies that have never made the papers over recent years.

I'll choose to not believe it Ted, lets face facts you have a history of statements on this site and none of them have been correct. Would it be a good idea to list them again? Or perhaps you could list one of your "inside info posts" that has actually been correct?

I suggest you keep trying and you'll eventually get one right, well maybe, if you have enough guesses Teddysainter or maybe not given your track record.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Yeah Joffa. Keep trying mate. Been over it all before. Whatever. No one cares.

Total = 1.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 10:57am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 10:16am Big Footy? No idea what that is and never visited. Not everything gets through to the media believe it or not. There are some real doozies that have never made the papers over recent years.

I'll choose to not believe it Ted, lets face facts you have a history of statements on this site and none of them have been correct. Would it be a good idea to list them again? Or perhaps you could list one of your "inside info posts" that has actually been correct?

I suggest you keep trying and you'll eventually get one right, well maybe, if you have enough guesses Teddysainter or maybe not given your track record.
Teddy might be desperate for attention, and hopes to be elevated to the status of an ITK, so he can be worshipped by some on here.

The fact that you're calling him out, actually makes him happy because 'there is no such thing as bad publicity'
and he thinks he's gaining notoriety, and he believes that he's getting exposure.

Some folks would do anything to be famous (or infamous)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
takeaway
Club Player

I think a few posters on here are jealous of your OITK status Ted, (O= occasional). Hit rate probably exceeds a few supposed ITKs recently, including Jaxons.
Another last night - Goddard training with Blues - correct. I read it on here before anywhere else. Keep posting snippets you hear or read, that's what the forum is about. Whether they end up right or wrong, or are readily available elsewhere, I don't really care. If others do, let them play with their gold glow.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 11:26am Yeah Joffa. Keep trying mate. Been over it all before. Whatever. No one cares.
Actually plenty seem to enjoy it, but more importantly I enjoy it Teddysainter. I am your biggest fan remember.

There is no way I would log in most days as I do now if you weren't posting Ted.
I enjoy you writing bulls*** and pretending to be an ITK, then back tracking and trying to explain your bulls***. Its fantastic, I don't know how you maintain such consistency.

I then find it even more hilarious when you revert to the desperate status of no one cares what you think anyway line. I really believe you are just winding us up as no one could make up the bulls*** you post and actually maintain the pretense of being an ITK when you haven't actually posted anything accurate since joining the forum, but something in me really hopes you are serious and not just taking the piss.

All this enjoyment from your individual posts is personified when you team up and post with support of Stonecold and Saynta, I just love it.

What a shame you weren't around when those arse clowns Stinger and Parkeysainter were posting, you would have had a ball putting those morons in their place with your inside knowledge.

Perhaps I'm wrong and you are not taking the piss and Wellard actually has you worked out, regardless keep up the great work Teddysainter!

Regards

Your biggest fan!

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 12:34pm I think a few posters on here are jealous of your OITK status Ted, (O= occasional). Hit rate probably exceeds a few supposed ITKs recently, including Jaxons.
Another last night - Goddard training with Blues - correct. I read it on here before anywhere else. Keep posting snippets you hear or read, that's what the forum is about. Whether they end up right or wrong, or are readily available elsewhere, I don't really care. If others do, let them play with their gold glow.
Yep. Jealousy is one of mankind's greatest curses takeaway! 😁
I also used to play with glow pens in kindergarten but then I grew up eventually I guess.

Anyway, I am not an ITK and don't want to be an ITK. I hear and get told stuff, might not always be a 100% accurate, but goal posts and things change...sometimes by the hour. That is the reality of it unfortunately.

And WellySaint, if I wanted to be famous, I wouldn't attempt to gain it on here where maybe 50-100 Saints supporters regularly post (if that).

Total = 1.
Sanctorum
Club Player

dragit wrote: Mon 12 Nov 2018 8:25pm

Talk about a textbook contradiction, 'none of us know' but you then state that the Billings talk is totally off the mark?

You can do whatever you like champ, no player is going to publicly ridicule the coach even when they know he is a complete cabbage. I'm not accepting us winning 4 games and most of our young players going backwards.

From what I can gather Billings, Acres & Steven would love to see the back of Richo have all explored options and our best ruckmen asked to be traded, you believe whatever you like.

It's not a contradiction at all - fact is that Billings has never indicated that he was looking to go elsewhere, and in the case of Hickey, I recall the club saying at the time that he was free to look around for another club, and he certainly had not planned to be traded.

We don't know either if other clubs (or agents) inquired on the availability of Saints players to be traded, maybe there were.

Sure, no player is going to criticise his coach while he is on the list, but not one player has wanted to leave the club at the end of 2019, and neither Mav Weller, nor any of the other players delisted recently have commented unfavourably on Richo.

As for Ratten's role, the club stated right from the start when they terminated 3 assistants, that their objective was to provide Richardson with elite coaching talent to assist him to succeed in 2019. Let's face it, all of the successful senior coaches surround themselves with high quality assistants, and that has certainly been lacking at St Kilda since Richo's appointment.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
spert
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 2:14pm
dragit wrote: Mon 12 Nov 2018 8:25pm

It's not a contradiction at all - fact is that Billings has never indicated that he was looking to go elsewhere, and in the case of Hickey, I recall the club saying at the time that he was free to look around for another club, and he certainly had not planned to be traded.

We don't know either if other clubs (or agents) inquired on the availability of Saints players to be traded, maybe there were.

Sure, no player is going to criticise his coach while he is on the list, but not one player has wanted to leave the club at the end of 2019, and neither Mav Weller, nor any of the other players delisted recently have commented unfavourably on Richo.

As for Ratten's role, the club stated right from the start when they terminated 3 assistants, that their objective was to provide Richardson with elite coaching talent to assist him to succeed in 2019. Let's face it, all of the successful senior coaches surround themselves with high quality assistants, and that has certainly been lacking at St Kilda since Richo's appointment.
This is the problem- Richo as the head coach needs to be the benchmark at the club of quality and elite, and the assistants need to be of sufficient quality to support that in their particular roles. If the head coach is so ordinary that we need to chock up the assistant roles with those of greater skills than the head coach, then we are in real trouble.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

We are in trouble. 2018 was the pits.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 12:56pm
takeaway wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 12:34pm I think a few posters on here are jealous of your OITK status Ted, (O= occasional). Hit rate probably exceeds a few supposed ITKs recently, including Jaxons.
Yep. Jealousy is one of mankind's greatest curses takeaway! 😁
I also used to play with glow pens in kindergarten but then I grew up eventually I guess.

Anyway, I am not an ITK and don't want to be an ITK. I hear and get told stuff, might not always be a 100% accurate, but goal posts and things change...sometimes by the hour. That is the reality of it unfortunately.

And WellySaint, if I wanted to be famous, I wouldn't attempt to gain it on here where maybe 50-100 Saints supporters regularly post (if that).
Yes, I admit I'm very jealous of your ITK status Teddysainter.

I also believe you would be a very handsome and powerful man.

And takeaway its red glow for identifying bulls*** not gold 8-)