Minchington signed by Hawks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

avid
Club Player

Re: Minchington signed by Hawks

skeptic wrote: Thu 01 Nov 2018 10:02pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 01 Nov 2018 9:42pm Hardly anyone wanted Minch on here, so don't complain he's now gone and got picked up. He was deemed another list clogger on here by many.
That’s not true...
Minch had a lot of fans here that were disappointed to see him go. To be honest I’d say the majority rated him but were frustrated not to see him spend more time in the middle and patience ran out due to his inability to stay on the park.
I'm quite sad to see him go. I think we should have kept him.
I always felt he had something special, in several departments, which we were waiting to see more than just the occasional glimpse of. I felt sure it was there.
You can't just drop your belief in a player you like. Now I'm hoping he'll show we were wrong to let him go.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Hawthorn have done pretty well out of players we didn't want. Guerra for free and McEvoy came pretty cheaply for a premiership ruckman. Wouldn't surprise me if they've done it again

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Thu 01 Nov 2018 11:58pm f*** me, turn coat's!!!!!

The best way to deal with ex players is: remember what they did for 'our club' , not what they did for the other fuckers!!!!!

Meatball had he's chances at St.Kilda, didn't work out, all the best at the Hawks!!!!!

f****** sook, get a f****** life!!!!!

PS, didn't work out for someone I know really well at North, but he went alright at St.Kilda!!!!!!
Barry Pascoe?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The best way to deal with ex players is: remember what they did for 'our club' , not what they did for the other fuckers!!!!!

Meatball had he's chances at St.Kilda, didn't work out, all the best at the Hawks!!!!!

PS, didn't work out for someone I know really well at North, but he went alright at St.Kilda!!!!!!
Jesse Smith could’t even get on the park.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 01 Nov 2018 9:42pm Hardly anyone wanted Minch on here, so don't complain he's now gone and got picked up. He was deemed another list clogger on here by many.
"People don't like me and bully me because I talk the truth"

You are plainly making stuff up when you claim 'hardly anyone' wanted Minch. That is not true. There were countless threads on 'changes for next week' where Minch was in the conversation. Maybe people don't like you because you claim to be knowledgable when in fact your assessment of footy in general is infantile

You may have outnumbered the posistive posters in that thread when Minch was announced as delisted but it was a bit obvious... The club plants were out in force to back Richo and the footy department when the decision to cut him was made.

You irritate people with your brown nosing of all decisions by club officials. I can't stand people who claim to be positive but jump at an opportunity to give weight to posters (other club plants) who were negative on a player that the club delisted.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 6:35am

Barry Pascoe?
Joe McLaren?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Not by me mate. Not by me.

Classy footballer, if injuries don't hold him back. One of the best defensive forwards when fit.

Premium89
Club Player

Spinner wrote: Thu 01 Nov 2018 11:59pm
WellardSaint wrote: Thu 01 Nov 2018 7:34pm our club can"t really develop well.

We're like a married couple who build a new house, but can't or won't put in the effort to look after it.
When someone buys it, the new owners fix up the garden, tidy up flaking paint, fix any little issues,
then the family of the original owners (Saints fans)
drive past and are amazed at what it looks like now.

'Oh boy, we always knew it had potential!' is the comment.
This could be the worst analogy I've ever read...

Married couples down maintain houses?
Hahah and How long were this couple in the house, seeing as they built it brand new?
That said, I agree with the thrust of it - think Minch could do well at the hawks, hope he gets a good run at it.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Hawks fans on BF seem wrapt to get him too

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 9:29am
Not by me mate. Not by me.

Classy footballer, if injuries don't hold him back. One of the best defensive forwards when fit.
I thought the club should have kept him on, but I can also understand why they cut him due to injuries and inconsistency after many seasons. Similar to Nathan Wright.

Difference is is that the Hawks can take a punt on Minch based on where they are at and not lose out if he doesn't come good for them. We are trying to rejuvenate the list and get rid of the so called "list cloggers" that won't take us anywhere.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

In the meantime th club are hanging on to Richo and Sexton because.....you never know....they might come good..... hahahahahahahahah

Minch was fully fit; playing at a high level at Sandringham and clearly didn't get the opportunities that he deserved in 2016-2107. He is now being tainted by Mr positive. And if you did rate him...why do you need to use the term 'list clogger' in defense of the club's decision?
Last edited by Scollop on Fri 02 Nov 2018 12:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Geez, you're not very smart.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
saintadamski
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 12:24pm In the meantime th club are hanging on to Richo and Sexton because.....you never know....they might come good..... hahahahahahahahah

Minch was fully fit; playing at a high level at Sandringham and clearly didn't get the opportunities that he deserved in 2016-2107. He is now being tainted by Mr positive. And if you did rate him...why do you need to use the term 'list clogger' in defense of the club's decision?
Completely agree

I always rated him - super fast, skilful, and just never given any opportunity to evolve and play by our spud coach....instead giving weekly spots to the likes of Newnes and Geary.
He will excel at the Hawks, and everyone will see what strong player he is.

Another dud move by the nobs running the show

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Just because the Hawks were the only ones willing to give Minch a very slim lifeline, Minch is now all of a sudden some kind of superstar with massive potential and the club made a really bad decision to cut him.

Ok.......people will find anything to place a negative on the club and list management. Bizarre.

Total = 1.
stonecold
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 12:48pm Just because the Hawks were the only ones willing to give Minch a very slim lifeline, Minch is now all of a sudden some kind of superstar with massive potential and the club made a really bad decision to cut him.

Ok.......people will find anything to place a negative on the club and list management. Bizarre.
Too many Turkish Roles on here now, not many
'True Saints' left!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

False hope and preying that things turn around with most of the same senior footy people running the show...that is bizarre

No matter how horrid team selection was at times this year by Richo or how poorly we were coached or how putrid the on field systems were this year, you were always looking to defend the decisions of the club. No matter how badly we developed our yourh, or how dire our situation is, you were always trying (and failing miserably) to let us know that we were still a chance to play finals. Most people do not accept where the club is after a 5 year rebuild and there needs to an overhaul of All senior management positions.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Oh god...here we go again.

Another thread (that was about Minch getting picked up by Hawthorn) that turns into how bad Richo or Sexton or the club is or it was a bad call Paddy getting selected at pick 1 around 5 years back. So predictable.

Whats next? Max King will be no good because he did an ACL and he comes from a good family...

“Neurotic behavior is quite predictable. Healthy behavior is unpredictable.”
— Carl R. Rogers

Total = 1.
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Good luck meatball. Shame we couldn't get your body right, maybe Hawks will have better luck

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Always liked Minch and always thought he was never given the same chance as others. Shouldn’t have been delisted. I would pick him in our team ahead of many others.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 12:48pm Just because the Hawks were the only ones willing to give Minch a very slim lifeline, Minch is now all of a sudden some kind of superstar with massive potential and the club made a really bad decision to cut him.

A very slim lifeline?
What does that mean?
You are either on a list or not.
Perhaps you've experienced a very slim pregnancy as well?

Now Teddysainter when you wanted Saints to swoop on Scrimshaw and I wrote he was worth only a 4th rounder at best your come back in regard to Scrimshaw and Amon for that matter was Hawks were interested, implying if the Hawks were interested they must be good.

Now the Hawks you hold in high esteem have thrown a lifeline to Meatball, where do you sit on that?

Give us your inside goss, I'm surprised you don't think this was astute delisting Ted.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
StPeter
Club Player

I would have definitely kept him before Lonie.

It's a pity he was never given the chances they gave Lonie to prove himself.

I think we will come to regret it and it will be interesting to watch his future contribution at Hawthorn compared to what we get out of Lonie.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I rated him, I had him on our list in front of a few who are still there. Obviously we over rated some still on our list, possibly believing other clubs may offer something for them.

Time will tell no doubt. Good luck to Minch at the Hawks, I hope his body allows him a consistent run at it.

The very best of luck to those on our list and to join our club, hoping their bodies hold up and they push each other to improve & for some, to prove me horribly wrong.

saintadamski
Club Player

You're either a club plant or just a dope

It's not about the Hawks or anyone else picking him up - he was a decent player who was never given a run

You probably see no potential in Minch, but see stardom in the likes of Newnes and Weller.

Go away

bergsone
SS Life Member

Seemed to me to get injured every time I thought he was going to become a regular.bit like Goddard.Maybe his luck will change at the Hawks,hope not against us but

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Seems he was rated by a few on here