Saw JB last night

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Saw JB last night

bigred wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 10:14am
Because most of what you read on here is 99.975% horse apples... Especially at this time of year.
Are you saying the reports about Billings and Steven concerns are fake

Seeya
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I think there is a pretty good chance that said reports are complete and total bulltish.

Completely based on rumour and not much else.

If you run with anything posted on here you have rocks in your head. Our ITK's are hardly reliably ITK.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Richie confirmed Steven concerns on 360
Robbo was reporting three major stkilda chatterings of JS JB and AR's tenure

Seeya
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Is he really going to tell a random what he's really thinking?

Yeah, the place is f***ed. Richo is a moron and can't coach. I can't wait to get out.

Don't think so.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 10:40am Richie confirmed Steven concerns on 360
What did he say?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sanctorum
Club Player

guitars4 wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 11:17pm
What happened to Billing 's requesting a trade if Richo was still coaching just a couple of weeks ago ? Has he been chatted or was it a total fabrication ? Hard to know what to believe but I really don't agree with your love for Richo IMO he has lost the respect of the player & the fans so I think he's a dead man walking the only reason he is still there is because we can't afford to get rid of him .
My comments don't indicate that I LOVE Richo, simply that I am prepared to back the club's support for him as senior coach for 2019, he may well do what Bomber Thompson, Damien Harwick and Nathan Buckley did and get the team to succeed next year. It will become very clear early on if that is likely, and if not it is unlikely he will survive beyond round 6.

On the 2nd point, it is irresponsible to make such an assertion without evidence other than hearsay and idle speculation. There has not been any suggestion in the media that ANY Saints player wants to leave, and if there are any, this would have been reported by now. It reminds me of of assertions recently on this forum that Nick Riewoldt was in favour of Richo's sacking, which he came out and vociferously denied!

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 10:42am
sunsaint wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 10:40am Richie confirmed Steven concerns on 360
What did he say?
Sorry the above should have read Richo (spell check ;-(( )

on air confirmed the meeting took place
He raised concerns about the direction/future - no detail
AR said it was perfectly normal and expected he (and players) can voice concerns - no details
He was either being his usual minimalistic or "cagey" and non expansive

Robbo could have pushed much harder - but in line with shows no upsetting the regulars ( Richo & Scott )

Seeya
Barneysaint
Club Player

Richo has 33 percent win ratio.hiw he keeps his job is beyond recognition. It's like in a sales job. If you after 5 years we're meeting 33 percent of budget, you be be sacked. That's why people express their views. We as supporters and members deserve success and clearly, under richo, we will never have it. Why do yiu think ratten is senior assistant because when richo is let go next year, Ratten steps in. Do the maths. Why would he leave Hawthorn who are a powerful club. One premiership in 120 years says it all.

guitars4
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 1:50pm
What happened to Billing 's requesting a trade if Richo was still coaching just a couple of weeks ago ? Has he been chatted or was it a total fabrication ? Hard to know what to believe but I really don't agree with your love for Richo IMO he has lost the respect of the player & the fans so I think he's a dead man walking the only reason he is still there is because we can't afford to get rid of him .
My comments don't indicate that I LOVE Richo, simply that I am prepared to back the club's support for him as senior coach for 2019, he may well do what Bomber Thompson, Damien Harwick and Nathan Buckley did and get the team to succeed next year. It will become very clear early on if that is likely, and if not it is unlikely he will survive beyond round 6.

On the 2nd point, it is irresponsible to make such an assertion without evidence other than hearsay and idle speculation. There has not been any suggestion in the media that ANY Saints player wants to leave, and if there are any, this would have been reported by now. It reminds me of of assertions recently on this forum that Nick Riewoldt was in favour of Richo's sacking, which he came out and vociferously denied!
The assertion was made way before this post & not by me. I merely stated was it true or false & that I was unsure as well so I don't think that's irresponsible on my behalf. I don't have your optimism about Richo's ability to follow in the foot steps of Thompson,Hardwick or even Buckley but I admire your patriotism & support of the St.Kilda Football Club even though I don't agree with some of your opinions I too want what's best for the St.Kilda Football Club

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Was exploring options but now staying.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 9:25am
Teflon wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 11:03pm
Sanctorum wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 11:11am
thejiggingsaint wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 10:18am I really hope that JB stays a Saint for life. In my humble opinion, with a wee bit of tweaking this side are not THAT far away from lifting themselves up off the canvas and taking the next step. With Roberton, Bruce, among others back in the side, along with new recruits we could see improvement quicker than we all think.
Glad to see there are others members/supporters who agree with my unqualified belief that the Saints will bounce back next year. The big improvement is going to come as a result of the major shake-up of the coaching panel.

Alan Richardson has been absolutely crucified on this forum, but no one outside of the footy club would have the faintest clue as to what is going on there, and I have no reason to doubt the club's decision to back him for next season.

Bringing Ratten and Lade in to support Richo is exactly what is needed, and I am confident that these blokes will quickly identify and fix the problems that emerged this year, and bring the best out of the players, especially Jack Billings, Blake Acres, Luke Dunstan and Billie Longer all of whom have been below par this year, but have the potential to become elite.

There are so many posters on this forum that express doom and gloom and hurl invective and abuse at Richardson, the Board and Management, all of which serves no purpose because at the end of the day we, as members and supporters, have no choice but to remain patient and "keep the faith". After 50+ years as a member and supporter, it has always been thus!
We have a coach with a win ratio of 33% and who has been somehow extended but supporters somehow cant find a way to doubt the clubs decision...
It’s why we have 1 flag in 150 years....
now it's the supporters' fault?
You read that on BF?
Yeah I reckon as Tim Watson put it.....” you saints fans don’t make enough noise...”
Sheep can sometimes be quiet even when being led to the slaughter...

“Yeah….nah””
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 10:18am I really hope that JB stays a Saint for life. In my humble opinion, with a wee bit of tweaking this side are not THAT far away from lifting themselves up off the canvas and taking the next step. With Roberton, Bruce, among others back in the side, along with new recruits we could see improvement quicker than we all think.
Glad to see there are others members/supporters who agree with my unqualified belief that the Saints will bounce back next year. The big improvement is going to come as a result of the major shake-up of the coaching panel.

Alan Richardson has been absolutely crucified on this forum, but no one outside of the footy club would have the faintest clue as to what is going on there, and I have no reason to doubt the club's decision to back him for next season.

Bringing Ratten and Lade in to support Richo is exactly what is needed, and I am confident that these blokes will quickly identify and fix the problems that emerged this year, and bring the best out of the players, especially Jack Billings, Blake Acres, Luke Dunstan and Billie Longer all of whom have been below par this year, but have the potential to become elite.

There are so many posters on this forum that express doom and gloom and hurl invective and abuse at Richardson, the Board and Management, all of which serves no purpose because at the end of the day we, as members and supporters, have no choice but to remain patient and "keep the faith". After 50+ years as a member and supporter, it has always been thus!
Learning how to use the internet should be a subject at school. Here's some tips:

The source of the information is important in determining accuracy of fact. You need to be able to establish the true identity and credibility of the originator and the motivation for the information.

This even applies to information from accredited media outlets.

Knowing what is fact amongst all of the opinion, false, unsubstantiate and misleading claims can be achieved in easy ways, for example, ask for the source and if the respones is something like, "oh it's common knowledge", or one of my faves is, "I read it on Big Footy", then you should probably call it "horse apples", (one of my new sayings).

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 1:20am

We have a coach with a win ratio of 33% and who has been somehow extended but supporters somehow cant find a way to doubt the clubs decision...
You read that on BF?
Yeah I reckon as Tim Watson put it.....” you saints fans don’t make enough noise...”
I don't go on BF - you're doubling up your posts, are you? I get it from TW's pov - I guess it was the criticism from the fans that got to him, couldn't stand not to be the hero. I don't think Richo's going to worry about that though - and, in fact, don't think it's a great quality in a leader anyway to worry about how much you're liked. I thought you were suggesting that if the fans made a fuss he'd get the sack.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Barneysaint wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 5:36pm Richo has 33 percent win ratio.hiw he keeps his job is beyond recognition. It's like in a sales job. If you after 5 years we're meeting 33 percent of budget, you be be sacked. That's why people express their views. We as supporters and members deserve success and clearly, under richo, we will never have it. Why do yiu think ratten is senior assistant because when richo is let go next year, Ratten steps in. Do the maths. Why would he leave Hawthorn who are a powerful club. One premiership in 120 years says it all.
If Ratten has been (knowingly) brought in to pick the Richo 'carcass', then we don't need him. Otherwise yes, it would seem a good outcome of convenience

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 9:39am
Teflon wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 1:20am

You read that on BF?
I don't go on BF - you're doubling up your posts, are you? I get it from TW's pov - I guess it was the criticism from the fans that got to him, couldn't stand not to be the hero. I don't think Richo's going to worry about that though - and, in fact, don't think it's a great quality in a leader anyway to worry about how much you're liked. I thought you were suggesting that if the fans made a fuss he'd get the sack.
Doubling posts? Leave that one with you ...
I think TW is suggesting exactly that re the fans
From I’ve heard and read Alan was mighty close to the chopping block too....

“Yeah….nah””