NEAFL Grand Final

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BenLong#21
Club Player

NEAFL Grand Final

Brenton Payne and Brodie Murdoch played in Southport's first ever NEAFL Grand Final win today.

chico2001
Club Player

Re: NEAFL Grand Final

Can remember Southport being a top side when I was up the Gold coast many moons ago. Always had a stack of good footballers from Victoria, playing on some of them was a nightmare. Looks like they are going to continue to dominate. The leagues have really changed up that way, travel must be a real pain. At one stage they were making more money than a couple of AFL clubs.Very well run organisation.

BenLong#21
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 8:52pm Can remember Southport being a top side when I was up the Gold coast many moons ago. Always had a stack of good footballers from Victoria, playing on some of them was a nightmare. Looks like they are going to continue to dominate. The leagues have really changed up that way, travel must be a real pain. At one stage they were making more money than a couple of AFL clubs.Very well run organisation.
Think they had quite a few blokes who had previously been on AFL lists playing today. At least a handful.

derby Street
Club Player

But did they really win ?????

chico2001
Club Player

Scorebook says so but I believe they had 19 men on the field for 35 seconds and should have had their score wiped.

CarlD
Club Player

Not as bad as the North Adelaide match. You would have to expect North will have that one taken off them.

chico2001
Club Player

I reckon they still might. Seen it happen in Tassie once. Player broke his leg so his side put their 19th man on (I know...a long time ago) whilst he was getting carried off. The other side appealed and they wiped the score off and broken legs team lost. Broken legs team appealed and it was reversed. Just in case someone inquires, his real name wasnt Broken Leg..:) it was Korben Gel...;)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

CarlD wrote: Mon 17 Sep 2018 9:22am Not as bad as the North Adelaide match. You would have to expect North will have that one taken off them.
As a long suffering North supporter (a bit like supporting two St Kilda's, but having followed the Saints first I'm not as emotionally invested in the Roosters) I'm seeing a lot of crowing about a fine only from my fellow supporters, but honestly, having 19 on the ground for 5 whole crucial minutes was a class A c**k up...

...they have a leg to stand on technically, but not morally, which is a shame because from wooden spoon to premiers in one season would be an amazing sporting story. However, they staged the majority of their stunning comeback during the third quarter, for which the Eagles should give themselves an uppercut for being so crap...they really don't deserve it either. I say replay.

derby Street
Club Player

degruch wrote: Mon 17 Sep 2018 10:14am
CarlD wrote: Mon 17 Sep 2018 9:22am Not as bad as the North Adelaide match. You would have to expect North will have that one taken off them.
As a long suffering North supporter (a bit like supporting two St Kilda's, but having followed the Saints first I'm not as emotionally invested in the Roosters) I'm seeing a lot of crowing about a fine only from my fellow supporters, but honestly, having 19 on the ground for 5 whole crucial minutes was a class A c**k up...

...they have a leg to stand on technically, but not morally, which is a shame because from wooden spoon to premiers in one season would be an amazing sporting story. However, they staged the majority of their stunning comeback during the third quarter, for which the Eagles should give themselves an uppercut for being so crap...they really don't deserve it either. I say replay.
Imagine if it was the Saints? This place would self combust - Finnis, Richardson, Summers, Elshaugh, Bains would all be caned. It was a great comeback from North to win after being 47 points down in the 3rd quarter. I hope that they don't get the game taken off them. Very embarrassing for the SANFL

CarlD
Club Player

degruch wrote: Mon 17 Sep 2018 10:14am

Must have been your lucky day degruch!