New vs Current

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Faulky63
Club Player

New vs Current

I know a lot has already been discussed about getting rid of Richo but my question is who is going to replace him?
We will be up for a payout thanks to the new contract plus we will need to fork out a few $$$ to bring someone in. Surely we can't go with another untried experiment. So who is out there & gettable?
The way forward is only going to be by change and the sooner the better however, if we do stick with Richo then WHO can we get to support him as assistants (can only be assistants who have success running through their veins)? We need the change that will entice (1) our younger promising players wanting to stay and (2) we must have something to offer that will make us be a club players want to come too.
Most can remember when Blight came on board, what a recruiting spree we had straight away but unfortunately that was short lived with Blight.
The fear is - we have a bleak future installed so buckle up and enjoy the ride!!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: New vs Current

Assistants that have worked at Sydney, Geelong, Hawthorn or under Bevo. Any assistant coach that has spent more than 2 years under Clarko or Longmire is worth pursuing. Any assistant that has worked under Neil Balme for more than 2 years we should pursue. A guy like Rocket Eade might...Maybe...I have a feeling only...that he could be worth pursuing as a director of coaching in the mould of Balmy

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

anyone at all. we could get neeld. he'd also get us two bottom two positions five years apart.
but he'd do it well enough to get us a priority pick. or two?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Scollop wrote: Mon 23 Jul 2018 2:49pm Assistants that have worked at Sydney, Geelong, Hawthorn or under Bevo. Any assistant coach that has spent more than 2 years under Clarko or Longmire is worth pursuing. Any assistant that has worked under Neil Balme for more than 2 years we should pursue. A guy like Rocket Eade might...Maybe...I have a feeling only...that he could be worth pursuing as a director of coaching in the mould of Balmy
Reckon Grant Thomas would be good at the Neil Balme role

saintbob
SS Life Member

Look I’ve learnt to hate Richo like most others on here and I think he is the most insipid coach in the AFL, but look what Richmond and Collingwood have been able to do by sticking fat with two blokes who really should’ve been sacked.

Hopefully Lethlean can get the right blokes around him after he has his clean out.

I really don’t think we can really afford to sack him and who is the next senior coach in waiting, I can’t think of any real stand out.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Look I’ve learnt to hate Richo like most others on here and I think he is the most insipid coach in the AFL, but look what Richmond and Collingwood have been able to do by sticking fat with two blokes who really should’ve been sacked.

Hopefully Lethlean can get the right blokes around him after he has his clean out.

I really don’t think we can really afford to sack him and who is the next senior coach in waiting, I can’t think of any real stand out.

stonecold
SS Life Member

saintbob wrote: Mon 23 Jul 2018 6:35pm Look I’ve learnt to hate Richo like most others on here and I think he is the most insipid coach in the AFL, but look what Richmond and Collingwood have been able to do by sticking fat with two blokes who really should’ve been sacked.

Bingo, we can not afford to sack him, would stay in our coaching salary cap for the next two years!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Surely a negotiated parting of the ways. Lets have a look at the contract, he has had plenty from the club, now its obvious to the majority he can't cut it he owes us consideration. Dew (who can coach), Bevo even Simpson and once upon a time Clarkson, all came from apparent obscurity. There is talent out there you just need to identify it, we are bad at that - turned down Longmire and let Bevo slip. Cut down on a coach or two to offset any settlement, wouldn't it simplify things without losing performance there already seems too many cooks. Not parting ways because we are too incompetent to identify new talent is such an indictment.

sendmehomehappy
Club Player

Richardson must go ASAP. He has failed and, with his team of assistant busts are confusing, deskilling and undermining the confidence of our reasonably talented young guys. I fear some of our most talented will want out due to their despair and frustration with this mess.

The ramifications of this guy staying are far worse on multiple levels for the club than the contract $.

The board members must take responsibility and chip in to pay him off. They have the $$. Either they do that or resign en masse.

I am so tired of the beige irrelevant nothingness of our club.

" If thought corrupts language then language can also corrupt thought."

Politics and the English Language George Orwell
Kick-it-lace-out
Club Player

Brett Ratten

Yallingupsaints
Club Player

Jarrad Schofield