Richo admits leadership void

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Richo admits leadership void

Saints have 'vacuum in leadership', Richo admits - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-14/sai ... cho-admits

I'm not totally against getting an old bloke in for a couple of seasons. I think Lewis has really helped Melbourne, same as Hodge. West Coast seemed to benefit from Mitchell and Petrie.

Who is available though? McVeigh from Swans? Just putting it out there.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Richo admits leadership void

I think we have enough guys with leadership credentials that the club can lean on. The players have realised this year that they control a lot more than they thought. I think empowering some of them even more will help our improvement.

Put aside their playing abililities and value to our best 22, but I'd say we have ample experience like Nathan Brown, Josh Bruce, Seb Ross, Sam Gilbert, Dylan Roberton, and Armo and and Jack Steven. Along with our captain Gears I think their is plenty of collective leadership and plenty of individuals available to step up. Luke Dunstan also seems worthy of a spot in a leadership group

What we lack is A grade talent. I don't care if we recruit a solid citizen as long as he is still a very good player and not injury prone. The fact that Hodgey has been such a success at Brisbane is just as much to do with the their playing group maturing as well as what he brings as on an field leader and player.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Rotate the captaincy -- one of GT's better ideas.

Advances the maturity and accountability of younger players and gives them a media profile to boot.

Not convinced that some foreign legion of has-beens in going to help.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Something to think about.

The reality never are 15th and a young side.

There is nobody on the list with finals experience.
The Dogs has Boyd and Morris.
The Tigers had played and lost a few finals together.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

In Richo's mind he's probably thinking we lack leadership in the coaches box

C'mon Richo....

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Certainly haven't had players this year that have stepped up when there was a run against us.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

The guy simply needs to admit an IQ void and step down, what an absolute numpty.

spiral3
Club Player

veterans list on AFL site - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-18/s ... bs-over30s

Uncontracted vets worth consideration?
Goddard
Heath Grundy

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

spiral3 wrote: Wed 18 Jul 2018 1:37pm veterans list on AFL site - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-18/s ... bs-over30s

Goddard
Heath Grundy
Goddard is an interesting one, will he cause more problems than he solves might be the question that works against him.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 18 Jul 2018 4:39pm
spiral3 wrote: Wed 18 Jul 2018 1:37pm veterans list on AFL site - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-18/s ... bs-over30s

Goddard
Heath Grundy
Goddard is an interesting one, will he cause more problems than he solves might be the question that works against him.
Goddard would be perfect for Carlton and it would be quite ironic if he ended up there in his last year or two...I don't think Carlton will get the opportunity because I think Worsfold will want to keep him for one extra year.

I watched a recording of On the Couch today and heard Paul Roo's blueprint to get Carlton competitive again. He talked about trading the #1 pick to The Crows and potentially getting 8 and 13 in return. With 13 they could potentially get a player from another club plus a lower pick in return. I have a pretty strong feeling that they'll try and get a number of established players into the Blues list for 2019.

We have a surplus or 2 of ruckmen, a surplus or 2 of inside mids, a surplus or 2 of half black flankers and a surplus or 2 of KP forwards. We need to get on the front foot and start talking to them

chico2001
Club Player

Grundy would be handy, still capable of playing top level and has a wealth of experience and at a successful club

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Bring Goddard back for one year.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
repta
Club Player

Richo is an idiot. Isnt he supposed to be the warm and fussy development coach. Certainly is not a tactician.

Hodge is a one of a kind.

Need to go back to GT method of putting the young guys on the development path. Just as well Armo seems to have got it together. He is a must stay now. Old heads to teach the young guns the game. If they rid themselves of all the old guys they will face 10 years in the wilderness (like Melbourne 2007-2017).