10 frees to 4

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: 10 frees to 4

The_Dud wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 3:22pm
CURLY wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 8:04am
Enrico_Misso wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 3:10am There was a five minute period in the third quarter when we should have a got a free in our 50, then they got 2 soft ones that both led to goals.
WHE running into goal tackled dropped it play on goal.
Looked bad from the TV angle, but the reverse angle clearly showed he hand balled it out on the way down, which I’m pretty sure means play on.

What did you think of the Marshall free on the line? As bad a call or non-call all night. And the other free kicks we had shots on goal from?

What did you think of the three 50s we received resulting in shots on goal?

How about Newnes shoving his player out of the way ages before the ball got to them at the start of the 3rd quarter?

How about Armo cleaning up some bloke and Newnes karate kicking another across the legs, both not called?

How does that all fit in the grand conspiracy against us?

Our skills are so bad we failed to convert the opportunities the umps gave us, and the Pies did, that’s the only difference.

Saying things like “we would have won and it’s only the umpires that cost us, so that’s positive” is as bad as any rubbish Richo could come up with after a game.

Stop trying to shift the blame from the players terrible performance.

We as supporters are all bias towards our club. The fact that instead of recognising this you create some grand AFL conspiracy against us is laughable. It’s at flat-earth levels of ridiculousness.
The Marshall free was soft yes but did you see Cox right in front on quarter time? The umpire paid to frees against Armo when he hand balled it but was caught so just guessed. There first two forward 50 entries were from 50’s so they got a good run there. What Wells smothering Savage and they goaled or Marshall getting wrapped up after a uncontested chest mark both no fifties paid. Coffield being cannoned into no free Sidebottom getting 360 tackled then placing the ball on the ground.

We got shafted royaly.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 5:19pm Open both eyes St B, your continual ingratiating brief for the AFL and its puppet maggots is actually sick making.

22 players could never beat 25 and that is what was shaping up last night. At one stage the free kick count was 9 to one against us. And we were just about level in all other statistics.
That’s the worse thing we get told first too the ball and you get the free. We were beating Collingwood in every aspect yet 1-9

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 5:19pm Open both eyes St B, your continual ingratiating brief for the AFL and its puppet maggots is actually sick making.

22 players could never beat 25 and that is what was shaping up last night. At one stage the free kick count was 9 to one against us. And we were just about level in all other statistics.
You’re almost as bad as him. If anyone genuinely thinks that the umpires have anything to do with our feeble record, it’s more a reflection of their own tendency to point fingers and blame others rather than accept their own shyte. And the notion that they’re all in on some conspiracy to cheat against us.....worthy of Fox and Friends, Rush Limbaugh or any other nutter conspiracy theorist projecting their spam across the airwaves.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 5:53pm

You’re almost as bad as him. If anyone genuinely thinks that the umpires have anything to do with our feeble record, it’s more a reflection of their own tendency to point fingers and blame others rather than accept their own shyte. And the notion that they’re all in on some conspiracy to cheat against us.....worthy of Fox and Friends, Rush Limbaugh or any other nutter conspiracy theorist projecting their spam across the airwaves.
Like any conspiracy theory, theirs falls apart quite easily. Why have the umpires given us so many shots at goals from soft free kicks this week and last if they’re conspiring against us? Why did they overturn the goal review in our favour? Why did the free kick count favour us so heavily IN PERTH last week? Why did the umpires miss blatant frees against both Armo and Newnes? Why so many 50 meter penalties for us?

Quite laughable. I think you hit the nail on the head when you say it’s finger pointing to blame others. Their inability to recognise the obvious huge bias towards St Kilda in their interpretation of the game shows a major personality flaw.

Instead of answering any one of the questions in my first paragraph all they can do is cry “yeah but this 50/50 decision didn’t go the way I wanted so it’s clearly a conspiracy against us!!!1!!” :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Well named for someone who desn't know the rules of the game.

Who do you really support ,dudly?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 5:53pm

Well done St b.

You managed to insult both curly and me while refusing to answer my actaul post.

Ignoring the elephant in the room does 5nothing for your credibility with me, nor does the company you are keeping

One gets judged by the company they keep and a couple of your are nothing but trolls.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 6:09pm Well named for someone who desn't know the rules of the game.

Who do you really support ,dudly?
Like if you handball while being tackled it’s not holding the ball? You guys have spent a lot of time struggling with that concept in this thread.

I support the saints, but I also have the ability to recognise my bias when watching, and that umpires make mistakes, calls go for and against you, sometimes you’re on the good end and sometimes not, swings and roundabouts. If you expect every 50/50 to go your way then you’re going to be disappointed half the time.

Now are you going to address any of my previous questions regarding the grand conspiracy against us?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I personally believe you are a troll.

A supporter from another club who comes on here to mainly rubbish SS posters.

Why you are arrogant enough to presume you know what I am thinking is beyond me.

I have said nothing about handballing.

I am not going to ever address any question you ask me while your arse is still pointing to the ground so get over yourself.

For your part you never address why every week we receive the arse end of the pinapple or how a club leading most of the statistics can be behind 10,to 1 in a free kick count in one quater.

Now go away annd stop annoying true saints supporters.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 6:37pm I personally believe you are a troll.

Why you are arrogant enough to presume you know what I am thinking is beyond me.

I am not going to ever address any question you ask me while your arse is still pointing to the ground so get over yourself.

For your part you never address why every week we receive the arse end of the pinapple or how a club leading most of the statistics can be behind 10,to 1 in a free kick count in one quater.

Ah, so like all true conspiracy nuts, as soon as someone challenges you with difficult questions you try dismiss them as a shill/troll. If you’re so sure you’re in the right than why not just answer them?

I know enough about your thinking on this topic from your numerous posts about it.

You and others are complaining about the non holding the ball call on the Pies player in the goal square, one where on the reverse angle he clearly handballed it while he was going to ground.

I’ll answer your question, it’s not hard if you actually think about it. Firstly we are not on the arse end every week. Nowhere is it said that the free kick count has to be balanced, if one team gives away more than rightly they will be in the negative. We are a terrible skilled team, probably the worst in the comp. We miss a lot of goals, we miss a lot of targets, we don’t tackle well, we turn the ball over a lot. So naturally with that we give away a lot of free kicks in one on one situations. Our players get put in worse situations by their teammates. We panic. We take too long to make decisions. It seems pretty obvious that a more skilled side will make less mistakes than a poorly skilled one.

Now can you answer any of my previous questions regarding the grand conspiracy against us?

Do you honestly think that it’s is more likely there’s a grand afl conspiracy against us rather than you, a St Kilda supporter, are biased when watching the game?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 7:11pm

Ah, so like all true conspiracy nuts, as soon as someone challenges you with difficult questions you try dismiss them as a shill/troll. If you’re so sure you’re in the right than why not just answer them?

I know enough about your thinking on this topic from your numerous posts about it.

You and others are complaining about the non holding the ball call on the Pies player in the goal square, one where on the reverse angle he clearly handballed it while he was going to ground.
Yawn. Jeez you are a bore and for the record, troll, I am not complaining about that particular incident. Don't even recall it.

I am complaing about the 27 to17 against free kick count and how we are bent over by the maggots nearly every week for ten years.

I had a close association with umpires one day a week in season for a number of years.

I know how the little maggots think.
Last edited by saynta on Sun 20 May 2018 7:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 7:40pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 7:11pm

Yawn. Jeez you are a bore and for the record, troll, I am not complaining about that particular incident. Don't even recall it.

I am complaing about the 27 to17 against free kick count and how we are bent over by the maggots nearly every week for ten years.

I had a close association with umpires one day a week in season for a number of years.

I know how the little maggots think.
How about instead of calling people names, you just answer any one of my simple questions, as I did yours? It should be easy if you’re as sure of yourself as you claim.

Also, do you understand what a ‘bias’ is and how it influences the way you see the world?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 6:15pm
Open both eyes St B, your continual ingratiating brief for the AFL and its puppet maggots is actually sick making.

Well done St b.

You managed to insult both curly and me while refusing to answer my actaul post.

Ignoring the elephant in the room does 5nothing for your credibility with me, nor does the company you are keeping

One gets judged by the company they keep and a couple of your are nothing but trolls.
F**** me saynta, that grammar is horrendous, even for you!

The only poster on this forum to match you for illiteracy the ‘Stooger’ himself, and strangely enough he shares the same moronic conspiracy theories as you.

Similar writing styles!
Both conspiracy theorists!

One in the same?

Curly does not have the same sense of self-importance, doesn’t appear to have anger management issues and doesn’t post inane senseless responses to posters questions then try to claim some type of forum victory or supremacy, so probably not.

saynta wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 7:40pm
Did he dump you saynta?
Is that why you are so vitriolic toward the umpiring fraternity?

You need to move on dud, you can lead a horse to water.......

<warning for demeaning post>

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
barneyboyz
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 12:33am
PADDLEPOP1001 wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 12:31am Please don’t blame frees when the coach goes & moves Ross to full forward!

Pretty fair to say tonight the result was determined by biased calls by umpires.
My first live game this year, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing on some occasions. Yes Collingwood tried hard to give it to us for most of the night, but it seemed that at one point (at least 1 umpire) they thought, nah stuff it, if you two teams are gunna stuff around with this, then we'll decide for ya.

Got to say though, they didn't seem to get sucked into the pies call of "BALL" every other minute

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

11 frees to 5 at half time, absolutely disgusting! Those bloody corrupt mag.... oh wait, it’s going our way.

Carry on, nothing to see here... :roll:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 4:01pm 11 frees to 5 at half time, absolutely disgusting! Those bloody corrupt mag.... oh wait, it’s going our way.

So you are wondering why people don't complain when their team is favoured by the umpires?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 5:12pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 4:01pm 11 frees to 5 at half time, absolutely disgusting! Those bloody corrupt mag.... oh wait, it’s going our way.

So you are wondering why people don't complain when their team is favoured by the umpires?
No, more noting the hypocrisy that when we’re on the bad end it’s cheating and an AFL conspiracy, but when we’re on the good end it’s ‘nothing to see here’

If you care so much about the quality of umpiring then you should be critical of bad decisions no matter which way they go

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

As long as we’re a bottom 10 team and constantly second to the ball, we’ll usually be behind in this ledger. It’s nit fair, but the way it is.

Bad management is bad management
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 5:23pm

No, more noting the hypocrisy that when we’re on the bad end it’s cheating and an AFL conspiracy, but when we’re on the good end it’s ‘nothing to see here’

If you care so much about the quality of umpiring then you should be critical of bad decisions no matter which way they go
Oh well, they evened up after half time.

Shocking decisions both ways.

I put it down to incompetence this week, troll, rather than corruption.

I don't suppose you want to talk about the mark given to a Tiger when the Saints player clearly had two hands on the ball first, or the continual pushes in the back to Paddy, from that prick who plays full back for the Tiges.

11 to 5 at half time you say?

Full time it was 19 to 14 , so that is 8 to 9 in the Tigers favor after half time.

f****** maggots actually turned the game the Tigers way in the last half.
Last edited by saynta on Sat 26 May 2018 6:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Apparently we’re undicipilined have poor technique that’s why Collingwood were gifted the game last week. Had a Collingwood mate tell us the umpiring was fair last week and that we got a armchair ride today. Lol no goals from frees and no looking after our key forwards.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 5:39pm

I don't suppose you want to talk about the mark given to a Tiger when the Saints player clearly had two hands on the ball first, or the continual pushes in the back to Paddy, from that prick who plays full back for the Tiges.

Full time it was 34 to 34 , so that is 23 to 29 in the Tigers favor agter half time.

What are you on? Final frees 19 to 14 saints favour.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Sat 26 May 2018 6:00pm

Full time it was 34 to 34 , so that is 23 to 29 in the Tigers favor agter half time.

What are you on? Final frees 19 to 14 saints favour.
Sorry I looked at the wrong line, clearances on the line above. You are correct of course.

I have corrected my post.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Full time it was 19 to 14 , so that is 8 to 9 in the Tigers favor after half time.

So what, the conspiracy is a week by week proposition?

How about that score review, any thoughts? :lol:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Excellent work. 10/10. Manages to turn an inconvenient actual fact that disproves the conspiracy theory into something that actually supports it. Kellyanne Conway would be proud of you.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Curly, where are you old chap? Looking forward to this week’s assessment of the umpiring in the light of our loss and the obvious, deliberate, conspiratorial AFL approved cheating against us.......oh wait...

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I think we have reached the point where we have more posters whining about whingers, than we do whingers. I'd like to make a complaint.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post