Changes v Tigers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes v Tigers

sunsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 4:43pm
winning taps can be a meaningless stat
GT would agree with that comment.

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Weller out concussed now as well. So that is Brown and Weller gone and most likely armo.
Carlisle straight in and unfortunately Paddy (id play him in VFL), Maybe White or Logan for the third spot

David-Lee
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 9:55am Billings plays its a no brainer he actually plays his best footy at the MCG.
Agreed, th ed one place he excels is the mcg. So he has to stay. Marshall can help in the ruck and Austin has to play.

To the top
SS Life Member

When absent from the winter chills of Australia you peruse sites such as these for information otherwise unavailable thru mainstream media outlets including the St Kilda FC site

There are contributions you seek out starting with those if Saintbrat

There are others who pollute the site and make it a waste of time

What we see in every thread is the serial contributor "Stonecold" calling Tom Hickey kindergarten language names, telling anyone remotely interested that he/she played AFL football as a ruckperson and belittling and threatening anyone with a contrary view or who is critical of Longer, whose impact on any game of football is very limited as confirmed by statistics, statistics which at the very least have remained consistent across Longer's AFL career and are being replicated at VFL level

The sooner those who moderate this Forum give "Stonecold" the advice he/she affords to others the sooner the standard of this Forum will improve

One subject, one player time after time after time - and then the attacks, abuse and threats on those who disagree

It was said that Geoffrey Boycott went to bed with his crickey bat

This contributor obviously goes to bed with a blow up doll of Longer

A faunicated moron who obviously can not count to 99 and therefore does not change hands - hence the repetition we are subjected to

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

bobmurray wrote: Thu 24 May 2018 1:50pm
sunsaint wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 4:43pm
winning taps can be a meaningless stat
GT would agree with that comment.
GT was a man ahead of his time!

McCartin Watch
Do we risk Paddy against the form of Rance?
& If we dont play McCartin this week - would we drag him all the way to WA where he will get absolutely mauled
So two weeks in the ressies? get a bit of form and let him run out against the swans at home?

to be honest I think we need to think along the lines AR did with collingwood - The tigers run very deep with on-ballers we wont be able to match them - but we need to select players that can or at least attempt to get the ball - and one additional runner would be handy. (sorry Paddy)

Seeya
shrodes
SS Life Member

Mav is out due to concussion at training

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-24/h ... gers-clash

older saint
SS Life Member

Out: Brown (inj) , Weller, (inj), Billings ( wonder if he was the player mentioned in the herald sun that talked the coach out of dropping him?)( wont happen), Marshall

In: Carlise, Logan , McCartin or Pierce

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 24 May 2018 12:23am All major possibilities:

Outs: Armitage (not getting enough footy), Brown (injured), Weller (see Armo), Coffield (needs a break), Marshall (see Coffield)
In: Carlisle (obvious), White (BOG at Sandy), Austin (Brown replacement), Paton (he will debut very soon if not this week), McCartin (tall forward option and replaces Marshall)

Don't be surprised if DMac gets back in soon too. He is playing well at Sandy.
f*** I'm good!

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Outs: Armitage (not getting enough footy), Brown (injured), Weller (see Armo), Coffield (needs a break), Marshall (see Coffield)
In: Carlisle (obvious), White (BOG at Sandy), Austin (Brown replacement), Paton (he will debut very soon if not this week), McCartin (tall forward option and replaces Marshall)

9 out of 10 parkey - good stuff!
edit - oh, you already know. big head :D

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

desertsaint wrote: Thu 24 May 2018 7:37pm

9 out of 10 parkey - good stuff!
edit - oh, you already know. big head :D
Cheers. Don't tango with the Parkey...you will come off second best.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
stonecold
SS Life Member

To the top wrote: Thu 24 May 2018 4:57pm When absent from the winter chills of Australia you peruse sites such as these for information otherwise unavailable thru mainstream media outlets including the St Kilda FC site

There are contributions you seek out starting with those if Saintbrat

There are others who pollute the site and make it a waste of time

What we see in every thread is the serial contributor "Stonecold" calling Tom Hickey kindergarten language names, telling anyone remotely interested that he/she played AFL football as a ruckperson and belittling and threatening anyone with a contrary view or who is critical of Longer, whose impact on any game of football is very limited as confirmed by statistics, statistics which at the very least have remained consistent across Longer's AFL career and are being replicated at VFL level

The sooner those who moderate this Forum give "Stonecold" the advice he/she affords to others the sooner the standard of this Forum will improve

One subject, one player time after time after time - and then the attacks, abuse and threats on those who disagree

It was said that Geoffrey Boycott went to bed with his crickey bat

This contributor obviously goes to bed with a blow up doll of Longer

A faunicated moron who obviously can not count to 99 and therefore does not change hands - hence the repetition we are subjected to

Are you right their chief?????

Big statement from offshore, hero!!!!!

Do Australia a favour and stay away, our country doesn't need your type!!!!!

Well on the subject of mods, baiting at it's best?????

Don't stress though Simon, no complaint from me!!!!!

By the way, you show me where I ever said I played AFL?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I dont mind the changes at all. But I would shuffle the positions a little.

Geary Membrey Webster
White Austin Rice
Savage Dunstan Billings
Newnes McCartin Sinclair
Gresham Carlisle Lonie

Hickey Ross Steven

Clarke McKenzie Phillips Steele

Try Membrey on Riewoldt and ask Jake to relieve Hickey who rests at full forward. Logan can play intercept. Maybe Logan and Carlisle can rotate.

Get Paddy to lead up the middle and target Newnes and Sinclair over his head instead.

Dont let Lonie, Gresham/Clarke and Carlisle leave the 50 and get Billings and Savage to push deep into the flanks and pockets and kick goals.

Ross should run with Dusty and if he goes forward put White on him and push Savage back loose then rest Ross.

Rotate Steven with McKenzie Gresh and Clarke and rest Dunstan with Steele. The moment Dusty goes forward take Austin off and try Phillips as ruck rover. He is going to be a stoppage clearance king one day. He is neat and reads the play well, has courage, good awareness and quick hands. He can also play outside and has shown he can kick. He can run, there is no doubt there.

If Ross pussies out against Dusty put him on the bench and leave him there and get Dunstan to harass Dusty and throw Phillips in the middle.

Lets congest the s*** out the stoppages and gut run all day.

We mustn't be scared to rotate 7 or 8 guys through the midfield cause we need to develop depth.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 25 May 2018 12:58am I dont mind the changes at all. But I would shuffle the positions a little.

Geary Membrey Webster
White Austin Rice
Savage Dunstan Billings
Newnes McCartin Sinclair
Gresham Carlisle Lonie

Hickey Ross Steven

Clarke McKenzie Phillips Steele

Try Membrey on Riewoldt and ask Jake to relieve Hickey who rests at full forward. Logan can play intercept. Maybe Logan and Carlisle can rotate.

Get Paddy to lead up the middle and target Newnes and Sinclair over his head instead.

Dont let Lonie, Gresham/Clarke and Carlisle leave the 50 and get Billings and Savage to push deep into the flanks and pockets and kick goals.

Ross should run with Dusty and if he goes forward put White on him and push Savage back loose then rest Ross.

Rotate Steven with McKenzie Gresh and Clarke and rest Dunstan with Steele. The moment Dusty goes forward take Austin off and try Phillips as ruck rover. He is going to be a stoppage clearance king one day. He is neat and reads the play well, has courage, good awareness and quick hands. He can also play outside and has shown he can kick. He can run, there is no doubt there.

If Ross pussies out against Dusty put him on the bench and leave him there and get Dunstan to harass Dusty and throw Phillips in the middle.

Lets congest the s*** out the stoppages and gut run all day.

We mustn't be scared to rotate 7 or 8 guys through the midfield cause we need to develop depth.
I like the look of that

Really like the positions. I would love to see Carlisle forward. Only talk player we have that can take a contested mark.

wibblwobbly

stonecold wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 2:49pm
fugazi wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 2:45pm I seriously dont think Hixkey is in our top 5 main issues.
Grundy is in the best 3 ruckmen in the league.
Still prefer Hickey to Longer.
Its not a Hickey and Longer argument from my point, just stating Hickey is not good enough, simple (have a look at results)!!!!!

So, just for interest sake, who else is in your top 3 rucks????? Grundy, ?????, ?????
Has to be a Hickey/Longer argument unless you reckon we don't play a ruckman at all. Not sure how that helps!

As for who is better - well Hickey matches Longer at the centre bounces and runs rings around him around the ground.

As an example - how many marks did Billy take last week for Sandy - I saw one - it was a chest mark but at least that's an improvement!!.

takeaway
Club Player

wibblwobbly wrote: Fri 25 May 2018 8:13am
stonecold wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 2:49pm
fugazi wrote: Wed 23 May 2018 2:45pm I seriously dont think Hixkey is in our top 5 main issues.
Grundy is in the best 3 ruckmen in the league.
Still prefer Hickey to Longer.
Its not a Hickey and Longer argument from my point, just stating Hickey is not good enough, simple (have a look at results)!!!!!

So, just for interest sake, who else is in your top 3 rucks????? Grundy, ?????, ?????
Has to be a Hickey/Longer argument unless you reckon we don't play a ruckman at all. Not sure how that helps!

As for who is better - well Hickey matches Longer at the centre bounces and runs rings around him around the ground.

As an example - how many marks did Billy take last week for Sandy - I saw one - it was a chest mark but at least that's an improvement!!.
Hickey matches Longer at centre bounces? I'm afraid your post lost its credibility right there.
However, Hickey has to be played because Billy is hardly showing the form or inclination to get back into the ones. He may be just that type of player who needs to be given a challenge.
If he is fit, I would be selecting him in the ones. I reckon he would respond, as he did last year.