We picked Dave too early: Saints admit error

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shrodes
SS Life Member

We picked Dave too early: Saints admit error

EXPERIENCED St Kilda midfielder David Armitage is pushing hard for a recall, but coach Alan Richardson concedes the Saints made a mistake by rushing the leader back into the side before he was ready.

Armitage, 29, has been named best afield the last two weeks for Sandringham in the VFL after losing his place in the Saints' side following the loss to Adelaide in round three.

He missed all but three games last season as a result of a long-term groin injury that required two bouts of surgery and two months of complete rest.

"David missed a lot of footy and his performance reflected that," Richardson said.

"I'll put my hand up… we probably got him back in the team too early. We're a pretty young group and it was tempting to have someone of Dave's experience and his physicality in the group to support those younger mids in particular.

"It just didn't look like he was as dynamic as he needed to be at AFL level. He's still got a little bit of work to do but his attitude has been outstanding as we'd expect from Dave and his form has been solid, so he's heading in the right way."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-27/w ... dmit-error

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: We picked Dave too early: Saints admit error

Thought it was a Jack Reiwoldt thread at first.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

God forbid.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Richo is a bit of a <edited by mods>. That I have no doubt!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

They made an error when they picked Lonie too.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I don’t understand this at all.

He looked dynamic enough in his 2 full JLT games. If he’s not dynamic enough after an 8 month preseason and 2 solid practice matches, he might not ever be dynamic enough again?? Add that to the reports from last weeks VFL that the guy could barely walk, and the writing might be on the wall???