Set shots

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Set shots

Maybe the old fashioned way was best?
The best kicks for goal I can remember.
Plugger, Hudson, McKenna all walked in a straight line with the middle of the two goal posts and kicked straight.
Walk aim and kick straight.

Today Armo, Stevens and Steven all ran in line with the middle of the goal and behind posts and surprisingly that's where it goes, where they were aiming with their run up.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Set shots

The thing is it’s not just us... is there a swirl at the Lockett end?

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:Maybe the old fashioned way was best?
Plugger, Hudson, McKenna all walked in a straight line with the middle of the two goal posts and kicked straight.

Today Armo, Stevens and Steven all ran in line with the middle of the goal and behind posts and surprisingly that's where it goes, where they were aiming with their run up.
This JB. Carey as well. Simple is best, especially when dealing with an oval shaped ball. As my wife (Are we allowed to still use that term? I apologise in advance if it offends our moral and intellectually superiors) says, "they're trying to be too clever for their own trousers" and this gem, "why do they keep kicking it to kangaroo players?" From the mouths of footy babes.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
The Barometer
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:Maybe the old fashioned way was best?

Arno, Stevens and Steven are a massive part of our problem. As good as they can be how can any side have 3 such unreliable kicks playing in the middle. Can prob add Steele to that list although given he handballs all the time I can’t comment on his kicking.