Saints at MCG

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Saints at MCG

We have won our last 4 games at the MCG.

Margins have been 37, 29, 71 and 9 - OK the opposition hasn't been great but I do like this stat

Last time we won more than 4 games in row at the G was over the 2004/5 seasons and that ended up being 6

Before that it was 1997 and 1992 - both good years - then you have to go back all the way 1913 - another GF year

Our worst losing streak was 12 in row from 82 to 89 - no surprise there!

Super important that we play the G well

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
lewdogs
Club Player

Re: Saints at MCG

Interestingly, we don't play there again until August. 2/3 last games at the G, Melb and Richmond...

perfectly set up as practice for the finals if we happen to be in that hunt.

citywest

Exactly why we should move 4 of our home games every year to the MCG.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

In '09 after finishing top four the previous year, we were rewarded with one game at the 'G.

First final was a home game at the G against Collingwood.

This year we still play less games than some interstate teams.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Exactly why we should move 4 of our home games every year to the MCG.
Yep - just clap our hands click our fingers and ..............

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Come on. You really dont expect the AFL to give the Saints a fair go on anything to you?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

We have only been given 8 home games at the MCG in the last 8 years incl. 0 this year and City West reckons we can magically negotiate/move 4 games there every year :lol: :shock:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:We have only been given 8 home games at the MCG in the last 8 years incl. 0 this year and City West reckons we can magically negotiate/move 4 games there every year :lol: :shock:
Yeah, well. Look at his overall track record. I suppose there are more clueless posters, but probably not on this forum

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Just happy that our current line up are playing strong footy at the "G" - bodes well for any upcoming finals :twisted:

citywest

saynta wrote:
Devilhead wrote:We have only been given 8 home games at the MCG in the last 8 years incl. 0 this year and City West reckons we can magically negotiate/move 4 games there every year :lol: :shock:
Yeah, well. Look at his overall track record. I suppose there are more clueless posters, but probably not on this forum
You are a dumb F. I said the following....

It might be difficult to convince the AFL but that doesn't mean we should just roll over and accept it. :roll:

<warning for abuse>

citywest

citywest wrote:
saynta wrote:

It might be difficult to convince the AFL but that doesn't mean we should just roll over and accept it. :roll:

<warning for abuse>
I copped a warning for this. That's fine. If someone calls me clueless then off come the gloves as far as I'm concerned.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
citywest wrote:
saynta wrote:

<warning for abuse>
I copped a warning for this. That's fine. If someone calls me clueless then off come the gloves as far as I'm concerned.
Hey I like your chutzpah and willingness to smash AFL skulls to get more home MCG games but the reality is that we have had 8 in 8 years

The only way we will be given more home MCG games is if we became a super good side along with a few other Melbourne powerhouse clubs and then just maybe we might get a couple more - the one MCG home game we got last year was due to it being our 50th anniversary Premiership celebration game against Collingwood and its not like we can just squeeze out any existing MCG tenants and not forgetting that other Etihad tenants that would like more MCG games as well.

What would be good is if there was a no tenant system in Melbourne whereby all Victorian teams (not incl. Geelong) got an even amount of games across the MCG and Etihad but again no chance of that happening in the near future.

citywest

Matt Finnis should get off his arse right now and start working on the AFL. Tell them we want 4 home games at the MCG in 2018 against Collingwood, Hawthorn, Essendon and Richmond....End of story.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

[quote="citywest"]Matt Finnis should get off his arse right now and start working on the AFL. Tell them we want 4 home games at the MCG in 2018 against Collingwood, Hawthorn, Essendon and Richmond....End of story.[/quote]

As i said above, clueless.

The afl now owns etihad and we are an up and coming team.

We have as much chance of getting 4 home games at the MCG as clueless has of growing a brain.

<warning for baiting>

citywest

saynta wrote:
citywest wrote:Matt Finnis should get off his arse right now and start working on the AFL. Tell them we want 4 home games at the MCG in 2018 against Collingwood, Hawthorn, Essendon and Richmond....End of story.

As i said above, clueless.

The afl now owns etihad and we are an up and coming team.

We have as much chance of getting 4 home games at the MCG as clueless has of growing a brain.
As I said, you are a dumb F so go and report me to the mods again.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:This year we still play less games than some interstate teams.
*we still play FEWER games than some interstate teams.

Tsk, tsk, Kosi. Very uncharacteristic grammatical error from you. I was almost tempted to report you to the mods!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I've tried reporting grammar issues to the mods but they told me they couldn't care fewer.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
George27
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:I've tried reporting grammar issues to the mods but they told me they couldn't care fewer.
Nice comeback , Kosi !

Happy New Year to you the Fantutti family.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I've tried reporting grammar issues to the mods but they told me they couldn't care fewer.
Touche!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!