FYI

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: FYI

tony74 wrote:Jaxons really does know his stuff. It changes constantly and when he broke the news he was spot on. Everyone I'm involved in had It down as 99% certain to.
If you really want to see who were after mosy down to Sandy tomorrow arvo and sit as close as you can to the recruiting boys. That's were the future is.
What's happening at Sandy tomorrow arvo?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:What?
Who got played??

Surely Essendon are the ones whom were played?
St Kilda got played.

We were used to string along Bombers to scare them into coughing up the dough. We were the guy the cute girl dances with to make her bf jealous. We were played when we were told Lav was ours, knowing he probably never was but Connors was the better poker player.

Yes, Essendon paid more than they were originally willing to be if you think we weren't just pawns in Connors game then I think thats a very naive view
Sorry St. Ick but yours is the naive view if you think we were told he was ours and that we thought he was ours - you make it sound like we had no idea what we were getting into

We registered our interest (which are entitled to do considering he is a promising player) and we were told that they liked our offer - if you think that our recruiters didn't know that the ball was still with Essendon then you have rocks in your head

We were far from being played - very happy that we showed interest and its unfortunate that Essendon likely matched our offer - which we probably knew they would do but hey if you don't chase players then you will never land one

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Devilhead wrote:
St Ick wrote:
Who got played??

St Kilda got played.

We were used to string along Bombers to scare them into coughing up the dough. We were the guy the cute girl dances with to make her bf jealous. We were played when we were told Lav was ours, knowing he probably never was but Connors was the better poker player.

Yes, Essendon paid more than they were originally willing to be if you think we weren't just pawns in Connors game then I think thats a very naive view
Sorry St. Ick but yours is the naive view if you think we were told he was ours and that we thought he was ours - you make it sound like we had no idea what we were getting into

We registered our interest (which are entitled to do considering he is a promising player) and we were told that they liked our offer - if you think that our recruiters didn't know that the ball was still with Essendon then you have rocks in your head

We were far from being played - very happy that we showed interest and its unfortunate that Essendon likely matched our offer - which we probably knew they would do but hey if you don't chase players then you will never land one
Clearly I have a naive view because we were 99% sure of him agreeing to come to us. He didn't, his manager played poker and won.

If we weren't played we wouldn't have had itks getting excited and saying he has agreed verbally to come to us.

Its nothing to be worried about, win some lose some but far our guys, sick of this rose coloured glasses bulls***. We actually though we had him, we didn't and were played, not by Bombers but by Connors.

Essendon had to pay more than they would've hoped for both Hurley and Laverde and far out I can't wait until Parish's manager comes knocking for some assistance in getting his client more money than the dopers.

But there is a clear difference between making sure a club pays a good price for their kids and thinking we have convinced one of them to come across to us but in reality never seriously being in the race.

Or perhaps, I'm just being naive.... pffft!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

We were used, not played.

We were used to play Essendon.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
tony74 wrote:Jaxons really does know his stuff. It changes constantly and when he broke the news he was spot on. Everyone I'm involved in had It down as 99% certain to.
If you really want to see who were after mosy down to Sandy tomorrow arvo and sit as close as you can to the recruiting boys. That's were the future is.
What's happening at Sandy tomorrow arvo?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

What is happening at Sandy this arvo?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:We were used, not played.

We were used to play Essendon.
Exactly. Kid looks good, offer him a very good deal, bombers squirm and have to match it. Hurley gets a pay rise and five years. They have been doing that to us for decades. Sheedy even boasted about it.

They would often make a play for a big star; offer ridiculous money, which the other club would have to try and match. Then they pick up the young gun that gets squeezed out the other end.

Need to have many irons in the fire. If you get upset that we don't get the player, then you've invested too much in the idea.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

The age demographic is very different but it's not too dissimilar to us offering Mark Blake a juicy contract which the Cats had to match thus forcing Steven King out in '07. All that has come out of this on our end is that we've forced Essendon to use up more of their cap than they wanted to. No negatives on our side

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:What is happening at Sandy this arvo?
St Bedes/Mentone Tigers are playing Beaumaris in the VAFA Premier 2 grand final.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
St Bedes/Mentone Tigers are playing Beaumaris in the VAFA Premier 2 grand final.
Thanks BS. A likely type playing no doubt.

damienc
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Thanks BS. A likely type playing no doubt.

I think you will find it is S.Milne and A. Schneider.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
St Ick wrote:
Who got played??

St Kilda got played.

Clearly I have a naive view because we were 99% sure of him agreeing to come to us. He didn't, his manager played poker and won.

If we weren't played we wouldn't have had itks getting excited and saying he has agreed verbally to come to us.

Its nothing to be worried about, win some lose some but far our guys, sick of this rose coloured glasses bulls***. We actually though we had him, we didn't and were played, not by Bombers but by Connors.

Essendon had to pay more than they would've hoped for both Hurley and Laverde and far out I can't wait until Parish's manager comes knocking for some assistance in getting his client more money than the dopers.

But there is a clear difference between making sure a club pays a good price for their kids and thinking we have convinced one of them to come across to us but in reality never seriously being in the race.

Or perhaps, I'm just being naive.... pffft!
Sorry bud but he never agreed verbally to come us - he agreed verbally that our offer was acceptable

And the itks werent getting excited - Jaxon clearly said that it was not final - it was made very clear at least to me that the ball was still with Essendon

Its crazy to think that our recruitment team thought that they had him signed sealed and delivered - I very much doubt that they were high 5ing and skulling pints

Its hard to get played when you know whats going on and I would be absolutely certain that our guys knew what Connors was trying to do but it was worth putting out an offer in case Essendon baulked

It seems the only ones that were played here are the supporters that misread the situation (Jaxon's mail) and thought he was over the line when he clearly wasn't

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!