Don't argues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Don't argues

Aliir Aliir gave a don't argue yesterday, fairly nice, but well telegraphed. Dusty does it ALL the time.

Why are teams not learning, particularly against Dusty, to take the arm and continue it into a tackle? If you use his momentum, instead of allowing him to push off but roll it into tackle, he would be wrong footed, and at least need to dispose of the ball. It seems strange that in the days of such vast research into players, that teams are not nullifying Dusty this way.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Don't argues

Like a great but simple invention, SD, everyone asks, "why didn't think of that before?" Difficult toe execute, but the "pokie tackle" where one arm is pinned has become commonplace. Good idea to research this further. All the good midfielders do it, as does Buddy. Would be worth some attention. Who is our tackling coach? do we even have one?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Grab the arm and twist it. After a few breaks they will stop it

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Dusty got caught a a fair bit in the back half of the year

supersaints
Club Player

I don't like the way Dustbin gets away with pushing players in the throat area when he does his " huttons" move. If it were me I'd try to grab his hand and break the odd finger.
That all said he is the best at it.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
minneapolis
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:Aliir Aliir gave a don't argue yesterday, fairly nice, but well telegraphed. Dusty does it ALL the time.

Why are teams not learning, particularly against Dusty, to take the arm and continue it into a tackle? If you use his momentum, instead of allowing him to push off but roll it into tackle, he would be wrong footed, and at least need to dispose of the ball. It seems strange that in the days of such vast research into players, that teams are not nullifying Dusty this way.
I think it is because they are surprised.

I've had stuff stuff happen to me on the football field that was completely unexpected.

One time in the midfield, the opposition player had the ball and he was chest on and wide open. I thought "I am going to lay this guy out". I charged at him with my shoulder - done deal I thought - at the last split second, he turned 90 degrees and for some reason so did I. He hit me in my chest with his shoulder and down I went for 5 minutes. To this day I still can't work out what happened.

Footy is like that.

BTW did any of you see it and can you tell me what happened?

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Get a judo/wrestling expert to training to teach takedowns starting with the arm