Biased Umpires AFL want North win for BoomBooms special game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint_J
Club Player

Re: Biased Umpires AFL want North win for BoomBooms special

kosifantutti wrote:
Saint_J wrote:
freely wrote:I missed the free against Hickey but I think the one we're questioning went against Dunstan - he was scrambling after the ball and a North player tripped over him. If those are gonna be paid, you'd never be able to pick the ball up off the ground!
basically same thing, Hinckley touched Thomas in a smoother was seen as under the knee contact (even though he didn't slide or make any real contact) was in a critical point of the game and in their goal square. total dribble.

Either the UMP were under instruction to give north a ride for Boom flogs milestone or we had the C team special out there. it didn't add up and it's turning me off afl tbh. some of the worst i have ever seen. as always it happens in our games.
It's definitely hickey on Waite that they are questioning. But the one against Dunstan was a worse decision.
sorry waite.....my mistake.

are we one eyed? I watch a few non saints games really feels to me we cop the bad end on much more regular basis.

To the top
SS Life Member

The sum result from the performances of those appointed by the AFL to deliver the result the AFL requires is that, on the wrong side of 60, I could have played wearing a NM jumper last night and been BOG.

Fall over someone, duck your head et al = a BOG performance.

The Coach is calling for clarity - and rightly so.

It was THAT obvious last night.

A mate of mine, watching Interstate, sent me a text at half time saying "You are playing against 21 - very difficult"

And he is not a St Kilda supporter!

The other issue is the setting of the mark, where NM players re-set the mark defined by the AFL employee with that re-setting meaning a mark taken just inside the 50M line is set outside the 50M line.

And the AFL employees just look on!!!!

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Don't worry, we will have the last laugh knowing that shite like Petrie, Ziebell, Thompson, Thomas and Wells and the like will never get to play in a GF let alone win one.

Just out of curiosity but how did north's invisible captain go? Play his usual non-descript game?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

"Frustrated St Kilda coach Alan Richardson will seek answers from the AFL after several questionable umpiring decisions during the Saints' loss to North Melbourne."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... qhi49.html

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:"Frustrated St Kilda coach Alan Richardson will seek answers from the AFL after several questionable umpiring decisions during the Saints' loss to North Melbourne."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... qhi49.html
Before half time North were gifted a three goal lead. Waites free the mark to Bruce and the non free.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Saint_J wrote:
freely wrote:I missed the free against Hickey but I think the one we're questioning went against Dunstan - he was scrambling after the ball and a North player tripped over him. If those are gonna be paid, you'd never be able to pick the ball up off the ground!
basically same thing, Hinckley touched Thomas in a smoother was seen as under the knee contact (even though he didn't slide or make any real contact) was in a critical point of the game and in their goal square. total dribble.

Either the UMP were under instruction to give north a ride for Boom flogs milestone or we had the C team special out there. it didn't add up and it's turning me off afl tbh. some of the worst i have ever seen. as always it happens in our games.
It's definitely hickey on Waite that they are questioning. But the one against Dunstan was a worse decision.
Dunstan, going to pick up the ball, the NM player hits him high with Dunstan making contact to the NM player ABOVE the knee - Free kick to NM contact below the knee.
Wells, going to pick up the ball, hits the STK player BELOW the knee - Free kick to NM high contact.
You couldn't make this stuff up. :roll:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Saint_J wrote:

Dunstan, going to pick up the ball, the NM player hits him high with Dunstan making contact to the NM player ABOVE the knee - Free kick to NM contact below the knee.
Wells, going to pick up the ball, hits the STK player BELOW the knee - Free kick to NM high contact.
You couldn't make this stuff up. :roll:
I think I broke my record for the number of swear words uttered, or screamed during a match.

My daughter reckoned she could here me from her house.

Worst umpiring I can remember.

stonecold
SS Life Member

God, this gets old, at the end of the day, we are not good enough yet!!!!!

Hawks don't make bulls*** excuses or pass the blame, they just get the f*** on with it, that's why they win flags!!!!!

To be the best, you have to be the best, no f****** excuses!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

fair comment! Fools look for excuses...wise men seek reasons.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stonecold
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:fair comment! Fools look for excuses...wise men seek reasons.
Be very careful showing too much common sense on this forum Jiggla!!!!! ;-) ;-)

You'll be Outlawed!!!!! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm no fan of Malthouse, but something he said in the wake of the 2010 drawn GF, resonated with me, and bore a little wisdom too. Malthouse said to his charges; "If you believe you have lost an opportunity for success, then you have! If you believe that you've been given another opportunity for success then you have another chance". I get hurt at losses such as Saturday's, but always get over them within a reasonably short length of time. Why? Because there is NO OTHER course to take! Should we go over the game and LEARN from it? Damned right we should! stonecold is correct, we simply must stop seeking comfort in the role of "victims" of the AFL establishment and get on with the job of WINNING in spite of it!
The Dullbogs are everybody's hard luck heroes, injuries, lack of funds, heart breaking losses etc etc etc, nobody has a bad word to say about them, Hawthorn on the other hand are as hard headed and ruthless as they come, asking for no quarter, and giving none, my question is; which club has the emptier trophy cabinet? What I'm trying to say, in my long-winded way, is that I'm DONE with blaming umpires, AFL fixtures, Seaford, and any other excuse for the position our club finds itself in. Time to get busy winning!

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

The umpires are always shite! Blaming them is just a scapegoat to what was a frustrating match to watch. At the end of the day, the guys missed some absolute sodas in front of goal when the saints had the momentum. Can't keep missing gimme goal after gimme goal and expect to win matches at AFL level.

Let North have this win and a nice little night for Boomer. Their list will be grinding to a dead stop in the very near future.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm no fan of Malthouse, but something he said in the wake of the 2010 drawn GF, resonated with me, and bore a little wisdom too. Malthouse said to his charges; "If you believe you have lost an opportunity for success, then you have! If you believe that you've been given another opportunity for success then you have another chance". I get hurt at losses such as Saturday's, but always get over them within a reasonably short length of time. Why? Because there is NO OTHER course to take! Should we go over the game and LEARN from it? Damned right we should! stonecold is correct, we simply must stop seeking comfort in the role of "victims" of the AFL establishment and get on with the job of WINNING in spite of it!
The Dullbogs are everybody's hard luck heroes, injuries, lack of funds, heart breaking losses etc etc etc, nobody has a bad word to say about them, Hawthorn on the other hand are as hard headed and ruthless as they come, asking for no quarter, and giving none, my question is; which club has the emptier trophy cabinet? What I'm trying to say, in my long-winded way, is that I'm DONE with blaming umpires, AFL fixtures, Seaford, and any other excuse for the position our club finds itself in. Time to get busy winning!
Do you remember what Mathouse said after the 2011 GF loss? He was full of excuses and refused to take any responsibility. It was a selfish performance.

What I really like about Richo is that he does not makes excuses.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav, no, I didn't remember what Mathouse said after the 2011 GF loss, (I was too busy laughing at the reactions of the arrogant Pies fans to the loss at the BBQ I was at :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Because Malthouse came out with a poor reaction in 2011 doesn't (IMHO) take anything away from what he said in 2010. I wasn't quoting the guy because I like him, I quoted him to make a point, and that is;

If we as a club continue to adopt a role of victim, then that is exactly what we will turn out to be!

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:SaintPav, no, I didn't remember what Mathouse said after the 2011 GF loss, (I was too busy laughing at the reactions of the arrogant Pies fans to the loss at the BBQ I was at :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Because Malthouse came out with a poor reaction in 2011 doesn't (IMHO) take anything away from what he said in 2010. I wasn't quoting the guy because I like him, I quoted him to make a point, and that is;

If we as a club continue to adopt a role of victim, then that is exactly what we will turn out to be!
Yep, I agree. Blaming the umpires is just a cop out.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

I don't believe the umpires are trying to do anything but their jobs - no conspiracy theorist me! - but I do think the "below the knees" rule needs clarification.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The umpires were s***. We were pathetic. That's all.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT; Sorry, but that is WAY too harsh a description for our boys on saturday night. (IMHO) we were FAR from "pathetic" simply outplayed and outmuscled when it mattered. The players WILL learn valuable lessons from this defeat, the coach and his staff will see to it!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT; Sorry, but that is WAY too harsh a description for our boys on saturday night. (IMHO) we were FAR from "pathetic" simply outplayed and outmuscled when it mattered. The players WILL learn valuable lessons from this defeat, the coach and his staff will see to it!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:SaintPav, no, I didn't remember what Mathouse said after the 2011 GF loss, (I was too busy laughing at the reactions of the arrogant Pies fans to the loss at the BBQ I was at :lol: :lol: :lol:)

No worries

I didn't think what MM said in 2010 was that impressive but each to their own.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:CQ SAINT; Sorry, but that is WAY too harsh a description for our boys on saturday night. (IMHO) we were FAR from "pathetic" simply outplayed and outmuscled when it mattered. The players WILL learn valuable lessons from this defeat, the coach and his staff will see to it!
Yeah, thought general play was pretty even.. they just cashed in when they were on top and we didn't. 23 points was a fitting margin in the end. Glad the boys had enough resolve not to get blown out and lose by 50 when the crowd was in 'party time' mode.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav; Malthouse (IMHO) reacted better than Lyon to the draw. malthouse insisted that the Collingwood players and club go to the function held that evening, and to put the draw behind them. Lyon, by contrast, went into survival mode, again in my humble opinion (based on my thoughts at the time)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I really couldnt give a s*** if someone says blaming the umps is a copout..I'll say it as I see it. We were stitched up in the first half, once Nth got there game going the umps gave us a better ride.

We can be the best team on the day but the umps can determine the final score and anyone who denies that is an idiot.

I don't know if it is cheating or incompetency either way it was definitely against us.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I really couldnt give a s*** if someone says blaming the umps is a copout..I'll say it as I see it. We were stitched up in the first half, once Nth got there game going the umps gave us a better ride.

We can be the best team on the day but the umps can determine the final score and anyone who denies that is an idiot.

I don't know if it is cheating or incompetency either way it was definitely against us.
With you Firey, almost had to buy a new tv wanted to kick the thing. Some crucial frees paid when were right in it and just deflates the side when you put so much energy in being in the contest.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Pwoit wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I really couldnt give a s*** if someone says blaming the umps is a copout..I'll say it as I see it. We were stitched up in the first half, once Nth got there game going the umps gave us a better ride.

With you Firey, almost had to buy a new tv wanted to kick the thing. Some crucial frees paid when were right in it and just deflates the side when you put so much energy in being in the contest.
Yep +1, sugar coating tastes just as bad as excuses to me

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink: