Mark Jackson - Open Mike

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

Re: Mark Jackson - Open Mike

Only heard what ABC News Radio have included as part of their Sports Report.

The media is what it is.

The more damming commentary on the media (Murdoch) was by the Judge in the Wran case yesterday.

Read that judgement then align it to the descriptions of media and "journalists" by Jackson, including by disdain (as included in the News Radio report) and they are similar at the core.

Mind you, it does appear to be the ABC (with some support from Fairfax) uncovering topics such as "kids in detention", "live cattle abuses", "abuses of the elderly in care" and other government decisions impacting on demographics of our society and particularly the not so well off.

Then there was the criticism of media reporting by a Muslim Scholar, also on ABC News Radio this morning, who gave a sensible explanation of the Sunni/Shia situation including that in regards the very great majority there is no conflict and they promote and live in peace including supporting each other.

Then there are the radical elements at the fringes (and reasons given for that also, having been displaced from war zones subjected to international invasions - then we get to the recent Chilcott Report which seems to have been filed by media after just one day).

So perhaps we should not dismiss Jackson but build on his critical views of media and those in the media peddling what they do for the reasons they do.

Out of the mouths of "fools", hey?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:I enjoyed the interview .
I wonder if jacko knows that time's change and people can change , clearly he hasn't.

He did make allot of valid points .

Most enjoyable parts were when he was hanging shite on the host .
That arse spent years pouring shite on our club , as many of the current scribe's do .
I'd like to see an "open mike " episode where he apologises for all the lies he wrote over the years .
Sheahan actually agreed with that ratbag's assessment of us and the prick did drive Plugger out of Victoria.

Plugger told me he disliked Sheahan. Called him an arse.

Jackson is a clown. Always was, always will be.

And as Warwick said he's that ugly he would force a train to take a dirt road.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Only heard what ABC News Radio have included as part of their Sports Report.

The media is what it is.

The more damming commentary on the media (Murdoch) was by the Judge in the Wran case yesterday.

Read that judgement then align it to the descriptions of media and "journalists" by Jackson, including by disdain (as included in the News Radio report) and they are similar at the core.

Mind you, it does appear to be the ABC (with some support from Fairfax) uncovering topics such as "kids in detention", "live cattle abuses", "abuses of the elderly in care" and other government decisions impacting on demographics of our society and particularly the not so well off.

Then there was the criticism of media reporting by a Muslim Scholar, also on ABC News Radio this morning, who gave a sensible explanation of the Sunni/Shia situation including that in regards the very great majority there is no conflict and they promote and live in peace including supporting each other.

Then there are the radical elements at the fringes (and reasons given for that also, having been displaced from war zones subjected to international invasions - then we get to the recent Chilcott Report which seems to have been filed by media after just one day).

So perhaps we should not dismiss Jackson but build on his critical views of media and those in the media peddling what they do for the reasons they do.

You said it.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

To the top wrote:Only heard what ABC News Radio have included as part of their Sports Report.

The media is what it is.

For some reason, you've reminded me of on old stand up routine from George Carlin - bulls&%t is everywhere, especially what he has to says the media. Probably more relevant today more than ever.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I remember some years ago now, a Charity Boxing event between the NRL & AFL being televised, and one of the bouts was Jackson and Mal Meninga. When the ref brought the two men together Jackson was mouthing off at old Mal, banging his gloves together, getting in his face......all the usual bluff and bravodo. Meninga simply stood there calm and impassive. When the bell rang, Jackson came tearing in.......to a right hook from Meninga. Man he collapsed like a bag of shite! He was out COLD! Pretty much summed the guy up for mine!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Memories of around 1992 when he offered to punch my lights out in the Saloon Bar one night....just turned like an absolute nutcase.
I took the option the get out of there!

Nee!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:D fugazi, wise move mate! :D the boxing bout showed the enormous gulf in class between Meninga and Jackson, both in terms of boxing ability, and in terms of character. There again, Jacksons pre bout antics may have been due in no small way to him facing the prospect of three rounds with Mal! With the resultant "sphincter loosening process" :lol: :lol: I didn't know much about AFL then, but thought Jackson was a windbag, with not much to back up his bluster when faced with an even fight.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

prwilkinson wrote:Frankly, I found it pretty astounding that a man of his age hasn't yet developed the ability to accept responsibility for his own actions. "It's everyone else's fault but mine!!" That's A grade flog behaviour in my book. AND, then trying to paint Plugger with the same brush as him... And that he only became a good player at the SCG after leaving the saints... Even though he was FF at St Kilda for a decade.. Utterly delusional.

P.S - Mike jumps at any opportunity to take a leak on the Saints doesn't he... It's actually just become laughable now, It's as if he's desperate to give the perception that the club's still like that. I hope it takes another decade for the Demons to beat St Kilda.
Is Sheahan a Melbourne supporter? If so he's got no right to look down his nose at any Club. Even Fitzroy, extinct for 20 years, have more going for them than that rabble.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I remember some years ago now, a Charity Boxing event between the NRL & AFL being televised, and one of the bouts was Jackson and Mal Meninga. When the ref brought the two men together Jackson was mouthing off at old Mal, banging his gloves together, getting in his face......all the usual bluff and bravodo. Meninga simply stood there calm and impassive. When the bell rang, Jackson came tearing in.......to a right hook from Meninga. Man he collapsed like a bag of shite! He was out COLD! Pretty much summed the guy up for mine!
Maurice Rioli did the same thing to him .

stonecold
SS Life Member

Jacko's smarter than he let's on!!!!!

After all, he's managed to get everyone talking about him again, hasn't he!!!!!

He'll now be required for follow-up interviews and demand even more money!!!!!

How many other blokes who played 80 odd games attract this much attention when they speak!!!!!

For a Dumb c***, he's pretty smart!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
stonecold
SS Life Member

fugazi wrote:Memories of around 1992 when he offered to punch my lights out in the Saloon Bar one night....just turned like an absolute nutcase.
I took the option the get out of there!

Oh, The Old Saloon Bar hey, lucky it wasn't the Astrodome!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

There are THOUSANDS out there like him. The intellect of a dog turd, but the "smarts" of an alley cat. Do I find this trait "admirable" or worthy of my respect? errrrrrrrr? not really.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:There are THOUSANDS out there like him. The intellect of a dog turd, but the "smarts" of an alley cat. Do I find this trait "admirable" or worthy of my respect? errrrrrrrr? not really.
One of your best posts. :wink:

CarlD
Club Player

mr six o'clock wrote:I enjoyed the interview .

He did make allot of valid points .
Any potentially decent points Jacko may have had on the operations of the AFL and the media were overshadowed by the manner in which he conducted himself. The media articles on the interview that I have seen have focussed on his behaviour during the interview and his savaging of Mike Sheahan - as you would expect.

Mav was unimpressed with the bagging of St. Kilda per his tweet.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Yesterdays man! this is a guy who was happy to do the "speaking circuit" sharing a stage with Roger Rogerson, and Chopper Read.....by a mans company shall you know him? Cynical person in my humble opinion

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Linton Lodger wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Frankly, I found it pretty astounding that a man of his age hasn't yet developed the ability to accept responsibility for his own actions. "It's everyone else's fault but mine!!" That's A grade flog behaviour in my book. AND, then trying to paint Plugger with the same brush as him... And that he only became a good player at the SCG after leaving the saints... Even though he was FF at St Kilda for a decade.. Utterly delusional.

P.S - Mike jumps at any opportunity to take a leak on the Saints doesn't he... It's actually just become laughable now, It's as if he's desperate to give the perception that the club's still like that. I hope it takes another decade for the Demons to beat St Kilda.
Is Sheahan a Melbourne supporter? If so he's got no right to look down his nose at any Club. Even Fitzroy, extinct for 20 years, have more going for them than that rabble.
Yeah, Mike is a fairly passionate Melbourne supporter.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:There are THOUSANDS out there like him. The intellect of a dog turd, but the "smarts" of an alley cat. Do I find this trait "admirable" or worthy of my respect? errrrrrrrr? not really.
Not true. Acts dumb but is quite smart. Great goal kicker and was able to build himself into a signifcant celeb in the 80's before your time in Oz. Plus made it in Hollywood with a movie and on TV for a bit. Fair effort for someone that you say has no brains.

His insight about goal kicking technique was interesting

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Telling someone that you hope they get cancer? All class.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

SP obviously mate, different things "impress" different folk. If some want to say he's "smart" then that's their prerogative. I find the guy to be one of the least interesting ex-players around.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

As they say "he's tapped"

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

He is a complete flog, but I thought his criticism of Sheahan was accurate, justified, overdue, even if delivered in a vindictive and inarticulate way. Sheahan has always been an an AFL apologist. An HQ sycophant of the highest order who would spruik the AFL agenda disguised as his opinion, and hard hitting rhetoric. Like Wilson, he never hesitated to hurt others by printing lies as facts, half-truths as truth and sensationalising scant fact. He made a career out of gossip and destroying those who were the AFL 's enemies, or seen as dispensable.

Personally, I enjoyed this lowlife squirming as he was attacked by the lunatic. A small price to pay for his years of accepting awards for writing bullshyte. Poor Mike. He said he didn't enjoy it. Well, Mike, how does it feel to be attacked? You did plenty of it in your lifetime. And one thing that I will reluctantly back Wacko Jacko on, is that you are not respected by AFL players in gerneral. Most hold you in contempt. You live in a fool's paradise, surrounded by other AFL sycophants. Even other journos find you a bit hard to take.

And you're a liar. You denied being a Melbourne supporter in the interview. Not only are you a supporter, but a life long member. Typical. We saw the real Mike Sheahan in that interview. A whiny, arrogant, self entitled liar who's made a career of tearing others down. You have been richly rewarded for it by your masters. Now go away and fade into retirement, fondling your awards and counting your money. The definition of a mercenary is someone who dies something really awful for lots of money. In that interview, there was a football mercenary. The other one was Mark Jackson.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/michael ... d41e4f20ea
I was in the gym and our captain Trevor Barker yelled out: “Hey Robbo, we have a surprise for you.”

I looked over and there was Jacko — a huge frame — standing at the bottom of the stairs.

I couldn’t believe the Saints had gone out and got him. I thought: ‘What have I done to deserve this?’

That season we travelled to the coast for a training trip. The entire squad was meant to stay at Lorne Surf Living Saving Club, but a couple of teammates and I decided we could get a better night’s sleep at our family’s beach house in Hazel Street, North Lorne.

Not invited, Jacko wasn’t happy, so he put half a brick underneath Barker’s brake pedal. Trevor reversed back down the steep driveway and had it not been for his quick thinking with the handbrake, who knows what could’ve happened
Last edited by saintbrat on Wed 27 Jul 2016 8:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saynta
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Telling someone that you hope they get cancer? All class.

Absolute scum.

Anyone who has Chopper Reid and Roger Rogerson as their mates is a true lowlife. White trash, all three

A couple of killers, and a dropkick.

But I also dislike Sheahan and agree with white winmar's comments.

I have never met Jacko or Chopper, but i did come in contact with Rogerson a couple of times.

A charismatic arsehole and a real scary character.

Watching that show last night was like watching someone take a dump. Extremely distasteful.
Last edited by saynta on Wed 27 Jul 2016 8:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I remember some years ago now, a Charity Boxing event between the NRL & AFL being televised, and one of the bouts was Jackson and Mal Meninga. When the ref brought the two men together Jackson was mouthing off at old Mal, banging his gloves together, getting in his face......all the usual bluff and bravodo. Meninga simply stood there calm and impassive. When the bell rang, Jackson came tearing in.......to a right hook from Meninga. Man he collapsed like a bag of shite! He was out COLD! Pretty much summed the guy up for mine!
Hahahaha that is fantastic. Would have loved to have seen that.

Whacko Jacko is an absolute creep. Just listen to what he said about women's involvement in the game in response to Sheahan's last question. He said something along the lines of that he thought women shouldn't be "inseminated" at the top level. What the hell was he on about?

As Bernard Shakey said: probably the worst person to wear a St.Kilda guernsey.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
Hahahaha that is fantastic. Would have loved to have seen that.

Whacko Jacko is an absolute creep. Just listen to what he said about women's involvement in the game in response to Sheahan's last question. He said something along the lines of that he thought women shouldn't be "inseminated" at the top level. What the hell was he on about?

As Bernard Shakey said: probably the worst person to wear a St.Kilda guernsey.
Yep.

He said that a couple of times. At least three.

I think he meant inserted.

As the jigstar said dumb as a dog turd.