Not a Roberton fan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Not a Roberton fan

Had a ripper today. Was taking intercept marks and putting himself in the front of packs. He is a very tough hombre. To be honest I think what happened today was there was more certainty around roles. I think in games where we had Lee, Dempster, Fisher and Robbo down back Lee and Robbo werent really sure what they were doing. Usually FIsher and Dempster have clear roles and Joey, Newnes, Geary, Savage and Newnes have roles. I think clarity of roles helps a lot. E.g Today it was obvious the coach had told Delaney and Lee to play 100% defensive and just beat their man. Dont worry about getting the ball. Roberton was told to play aggressively and not worry about picking up an individual player. Same with Webster.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:He was delisted so cost nothing apart from ongoing salary.
As with every player, he was a gamble, but as he was free, cost nothing, it's great if he works well in the team. Same with the Mav, the man with a bit of aggro and huge heart.

I wish Robbo could be a better contested mark, and I wish he wouldn't go down so easily.
I don't want the club to think he's better than he is, as has happened in the past.
Demand a bit more in terms of effort and output from these guys and not just Acres and Billings.
He wasn't delisted. He asked to be traded back to Victoria. They couldn't work out a trade so he went into the pre season draft. Get your bloody facts right! Anyone can fudge the facts to suit their argument. Roberton was good today.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
loris
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
As with every player, he was a gamble, but as he was free, cost nothing, it's great if he works well in the team. Same with the Mav, the man with a bit of aggro and huge heart.

I wish Robbo could be a better contested mark, and I wish he wouldn't go down so easily.
I don't want the club to think he's better than he is, as has happened in the past.
Demand a bit more in terms of effort and output from these guys and not just Acres and Billings.
He wasn't delisted. He asked to be traded back to Victoria. They couldn't work out a trade so he went into the pre season draft. Get your bloody facts right!
Correct magnifisaint. Freo didn't want to lose him.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:

He wasn't delisted. He asked to be traded back to Victoria. They couldn't work out a trade so he went into the pre season draft. Get your bloody facts right! Anyone can fudge the facts to suit their argument. Roberton was good today.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6526923572

Robo was however a Delisted Free Agent.

Freo did not want to lose him, but in the end delsited him anabling the Saints to secure him as a DFA.

2012 PSD

Round Pick Drafted By Player Current Team Games Since
Drafted
1 1 GWS Bret Thornton 1
1 2 Western Bulldogs PASS
1 3 Port Adelaide Sam Colquhoun Port Adelaide 16
1 4 Brisbane PASS
1 5 Richmond PASS
1 6 Essendon Will Hams Essendon 7
1 7 Carlton PASS
1 8 Fremantle Jack Hannath Fremantle 19
1 9 Collingwood PASS
1 10 Adelaide Nicholas Joyce 0
1 11 Sydney Kurt Tippett Sydney 60
2 12 GWS Dean Brogan 10
2 13 Carlton PASS
2 14 Fremantle Jesse Crichton

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Flat track bully, did nothing till the game was in our hands!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Myron Gaines
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:

Nice way to make a fool of yourself. Robbo had some personal issues & needed/wanted to get back to Vic. Freo were extremely accomodating (due to his circumstances) & at Robbo's request delisted him to make it easier to get to a club in Vic - us.

lintonstreet
Club Player

Robo has copped quite a lot of criticism on this forum and perhaps justifiably so.
BUT today he showed he is capable of stepping up and taking a more senior role in our defense set up.
he read the ball coming down beautifully today and I'm looking forward to how he goes when it rains down in 2 weeks time.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

loris wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

He wasn't delisted. He asked to be traded back to Victoria. They couldn't work out a trade so he went into the pre season draft. Get your bloody facts right!
Correct magnifisaint. Freo didn't want to lose him.
WHen I said he wsa delisted, I wanted to show that St Kilda did not give up anything for him. He was free.
I might have got the wording wrong :evil: :x
It's like arguing that an "Emissions Trading Scheme" is not the same as a "Carbon Tax".

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee