Where is Mckenzie?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

villasaint
Club Player

Where is Mckenzie?

Has he been injured and working his way back into fitness?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where is Mckenzie?

Along with Wright, Murdoch and a couple of others

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

He had glandular fever. A full recovery is usually a slow process, especially when you are trying to get back to an elite level in sport. Probably feeling ok, but not back to the required standard yet.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Along with Wright, Murdoch and a couple of others
Where are they all - ill?

Wright & Murdoch have it all to do this year…

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I assume all working hard to present themselves as ready when an opportunity arises, havent heard of any being ill

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I assume all working hard to present themselves as ready when an opportunity arises, havent heard of any being ill
McKenzie and Rice both had the dreaded GF. McKenzie had to drop out of the Wangaratta practice match because of it. Rice was crook for a couple of weeks as well. All better now, from what I'm told. Both training and available again. Having had it as a younger man, I can assure you it's no picnic, but they are young and strong, so hopefully there'll be no lingering after effects.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Good, I like the way D-Mac goes about it, good pace.

Nee!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I really want to see D-Mac play 10-12 AFL games this year and given licence to attack off half back.

And Wright and Murdoch? Where are they? On the scrap-heap? I don't like the way the coach just writes players off so early. I assume Membrey is also on the no Xmas Card list along with Lee, Delaney, Minch, Curren etc.

Junior
Club Player

[quote="Con Gorozidis"]I really want to see D-Mac play 10-12 AFL games this year and given licence to attack off half back.

And Wright and Murdoch? Where are they? On the scrap-heap? I don't like the way the coach just writes players off so early. I assume Membrey is also on the no Xmas Card list along with Lee, Delaney, Minch, Curren etc.[/quote

I have never subscribed to coaches totally writing off players. Coaches will play who they think are the best players to get the wins as the coach wants to keep his job.
Roberton is ab example of someone Richo did hit rate but changed his mind with performance.

I watch a bit of Sandy and have seen two of the three practice matches this year.

Wright and Murdoch won't make it. Wright makes Geary look like an elite kick and Murdoch does not win enough footy. Delaney is finished think his hip is stuffed.

Minchington deserves a go, surely this week. Curren and Lee also should be given a go at some stage.

McCartin deserved a game ahead of Membrey who must be every chance this week.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:I really want to see D-Mac play 10-12 AFL games this year and given licence to attack off half back.

And Wright and Murdoch? Where are they? On the scrap-heap? I don't like the way the coach just writes players off so early. I assume Membrey is also on the no Xmas Card list along with Lee, Delaney, Minch, Curren etc.
How the hell do you know the coach writes off players so early? Are you privy to the discussions he has with coaches and players? Have you watched Sandy play much in the last couple of years? Murdoch hasn't done a lot in the VFL and Wright has been injured quite a lot and when he is fit his kicking and decision making is just shocking, he's as tough as nails but he just plays way too frantically.

Delaney is done, just no good, Minch got 3 games late last season after dominating at VFL level and averaged less than 10 disposals per game, so he hasn't set the world on fire, same with TC.

ace
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:He had glandular fever. A full recovery is usually a slow process, especially when you are trying to get back to an elite level in sport. Probably feeling ok, but not back to the required standard yet.
Glandular fever - the last time I heard of that was ........ I think it was Ian Cooper. About 50 years ago.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I really want to see D-Mac play 10-12 AFL games this year and given licence to attack off half back.

How the hell do you know the coach writes off players so early? Are you privy to the discussions he has with coaches and players? Have you watched Sandy play much in the last couple of years? Murdoch hasn't done a lot in the VFL and Wright has been injured quite a lot and when he is fit his kicking and decision making is just shocking, he's as tough as nails but he just plays way too frantically.

Delaney is done, just no good, Minch got 3 games late last season after dominating at VFL level and averaged less than 10 disposals per game, so he hasn't set the world on fire, same with TC.
Minch was played in the AFL as a sub (remember the sub rule?) and a small fwd so those stats are not applicable. And it is obvious to everyone that the coach has formed a list of 'ins' and 'outs'. Blind freddy can see that. I also dont think Wright is good enough but you have missed my point. The point is that the majority of listed players have gone backwards since Richo arrived when blokes that are 20-25 should be improving rapidly by being part an AFL system. That hasnt happened.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Minch needs to be run through the midfield. At times he has been a clearance machine in the magoos.

Nothing to say he cannot bring that same level to the seniors. Needs to be run through the midfield to at least get the chance.

I'm not hanging our season on it believe me, but I just want to see the chance being earned and rewarded.

Rice played for Sandy seniors on the weekend btw.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bergsone
SS Life Member

ace wrote:
White Winmar wrote:He had glandular fever. A full recovery is usually a slow process, especially when you are trying to get back to an elite level in sport. Probably feeling ok, but not back to the required standard yet.
Glandular fever - the last time I heard of that was ........ I think it was Ian Cooper. About 50 years ago.

Ian Cooper made a come back after a long period out,but wasnt as good as before
this day and age recovery methods a lot better,hopefully

Really rate McKenzie,hope to see him in as soon as possible

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Minch was played in the AFL as a sub (remember the sub rule?) and a small fwd so those stats are not applicable. And it is obvious to everyone that the coach has formed a list of 'ins' and 'outs'. Blind freddy can see that. I also dont think Wright is good enough but you have missed my point. The point is that the majority of listed players have gone backwards since Richo arrived when blokes that are 20-25 should be improving rapidly by being part an AFL system. That hasnt happened.
So last season most experts were saying how much improvement our list had made and that our young players were improving under Richo. Now after only 2 games against opponents who are both going to be fighting for spots is the top 5-8, our young blokes are now going backwards under Richo and all is lost. At least you;re not over re-acting

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

So last season most experts were saying how much improvement our list had made and that our young players were improving under Richo. Now after only 2 games against opponents who are both going to be fighting for spots is the top 5-8, our young blokes are now going backwards under Richo and all is lost. At least you;re not over re-acting
Experts or AFL industry media salesmen? Be careful not to confuse the two as they are often the same people. The media was pumping up our tyres last year because they are paid industry sales people and we exceeded expectations. They want Saints fans to buy memberships and watch games on TV. Treat with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Forget the media spin for a minute - look at our entire list and tell me who has improved - who has stayed the same - and who has gone backwards.
None of those media spruikers would have actually done that.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 04 Apr 2016 3:11pm, edited 2 times in total.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Take out his games as a sub (on or off) and he still averages less than 10 disposals per game.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Take out his games as a sub (on or off) and he still averages less than 10 disposals per game.
Que? If a player is regularly a sub than the 'per game' denominator is not applicable. It should be disposals/minutes played (or done pro rata for /game). Now I know for sure that you a numerically literate person kosi so surely you understand this? You also understand that if you are played only as a small fwd your numbers are down? Why pick a fight with me when you very well understand what I am saying and are just playing dumb for the sake of a fight?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Why is anyone who doesn't tow the line with you 100% picking a fight.

I'll save you doing the homework.

Minchington has played 8 complete games where he was not the sub and not subbed off. He had 77 disposals in those 8 games. That's less than 10 disposals per game.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Why is anyone who doesn't tow the line with you 100% picking a fight.

I'll save you doing the homework.

Minchington has played 8 complete games where he was not the sub and not subbed off. He had 77 disposals in those 8 games. That's less than 10 disposals per game.
I dont expect towing (sic) the line at all. But you raised a single point on a statistical issue and you were wrong and you know you were wrong and I know you know you were wrong. I know for sure you understand stats. It was baiting.

I get lots of things wrong all the time - but when people use statistical facts that are clearly wrong then someone has to point them out.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The only thing wrong was the spelling. The rest is just you not being able to admit you're wrong. Which you are.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:The only thing wrong was the spelling. The rest is just you not being able to admit you're wrong. Which you are.
OK mate. So you think playing 20% of a game under the old sub rule as a sub is the same as a whole game? Ok, so 20%=80% according to you?

And speaking of toeing the line - it seems if you dont toe the company mantra:

In Richo we trust/All our kids are going to be stars/We are on track for finals in 2018 - then you are on the nose in here and noone wants to hear it.

Ok Ill say it. No need to panic. Richo is in charge. Finals in 2018. Kids will all come good. The footy cycle will naturally swing up for us like night follows day..

Happy now? That seems to be what you want to hear.

Of course at some stage we will win a game and people will want to 'shove it' up me but the core problems remain in place. BY nature I am a catastrophizer so I hope I am wrong but there seem to be some fundamental issues with our list and it is not inevitable that we will rise in the future simply because we did in the past - this is a logical fallacy.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Con, I'm busy at the moment. Please don't think my lack of response means I think you're any less of an idiot.

I'll get back to you soon or you could read my previous posts if you can't wait.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
OK mate. So you think playing 20% of a game under the old sub rule as a sub is the same as a whole game? Ok, so 20%=80% according to you?
What part of:
and
did you not understand?

Here's the link to his stats:
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/ ... ngton.html

1st game, not a sub, 8 disposals
2nd game, not a sub, 9 disposals
3rd game, not a sub, 12 disposals
4th game, he was the sub, NOT COUNTING THIS GAME
5th game, not a sub, 10 disposals
6th game, not a sub, 9 disposals
7th game, he was subbed off, NOT COUNTING THIS GAME
8th, 9th and 10th game he was not a sub, he got 11, 10 and 8 disposals.

I'm sure you know how to do that thing where you add all the numbers up and divide by how many numbers there are. I'll let you work that out. Hint: the answer is less than 10.