'The Right stuff'- Richo on Freeman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

'The Right stuff'- Richo on Freeman

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2016-03-0 ... l-equipped
With today marking the first day of March, Round 1 is looming close on the horizon, and as is always the case at this time of year, the urgency surrounding players returning from injury heightens.

But for Richardson and St Kilda, Freeman will not be rushed whatsoever. They view the speed-endurance midfielder as a long-term investment, someone who will play a role in the clubs pursuit of an elusive second premiership.

“He’s here for the long-term, he’s not here for Round 1, he’s not here for a particular game, he’s here for a career that might take a little while to get going,” Richardson added.

“But we’re okay with that, we knew that. And he’s going really well.”

In the face of adversity, which has drawn more scrutiny that it otherwise would have in different circumstances, Richardson lauded Freeman’s attitude and his ability to put his best foot forward day after day.

“I would think a person with less character, with less drive, less commitment to being the player that we want him to be would be struggling, but that’s not the case,” he said.

“He’s embracing everything our conditioning guys are throwing at him and he’s champing at the bit. We’re having to hold him back a bit and that’s positive.”

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Re: 'The Right stuff'- Richo on Freeman

I like Richo's patient piece by piece philosophy... Solid foundations have been laid... now the frame is going up. I can't wait to be there when the rendering is being finished... front row centre.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I feel like this doesn't bode well

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:I feel like this doesn't bode well
How so? It was always going to be an ultra-cautious approach with a guy with chronic soft-tissue injuries for 2 years. I'd have no drama's with him playing ressies for quite a bit.

citywest

Bluthy wrote:
How so? It was always going to be an ultra-cautious approach with a guy with chronic soft-tissue injuries for 2 years. I'd have no drama's with him playing ressies for quite a bit.
I would actually prefer him not to play until round 10 and in the mean time keep doing strength and conditioning. Then come round 10 he starts playing for Sandy until he wins selection in the seniors.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

citywest wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
I would actually prefer him not to play until round 10 and in the mean time keep doing strength and conditioning. Then come round 10 he starts playing for Sandy until he wins selection in the seniors.
Any reason you've picked round 10, how about when he's ready ?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:
citywest wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
Any reason you've picked round 10, how about when he's ready ?
With CW I think it's called pluckaduck. Just a random date miles away from anything rational and with no basis.

I see no reason if his hammy is solid that he can't be playing for Sandy from the start, with a view to senior selection well before half way (assuming no more setbacks)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:

I took it as a more official unofficially lower your expectations as to how much he will play. I'm sure I'm wrong as by all accounts he's fully training now. Not loving the noises coming out of Moorabbin RE him though

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
Bluthy wrote:

I took it as a more official unofficially lower your expectations as to how much he will play. I'm sure I'm wrong as by all accounts he's fully training now. Not loving the noises coming out of Moorabbin RE him though
Unless you elaborate, we'll have to presume that it's flatulence.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Gee, it's nice to be patient, but to be honest I'd prefer we recurit healthy reliable players.......we got Carlisle and Freeman.....oh, that right we had to give away next years draft pick for Freeman. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Its a courageous approach. A genuine risk. This lad must train the house down and is obviously doing impressive work and at the same time he sounds like he could go down at anytime. One thing for sure. If he plays 50-70 games without a major set back they would wanna be the best first 50 games ever and culminate in some bling around his neck and our 2nd Premiership. If we spend less on him than Markworth and Siposs too find out then we havent lost much.