Permission to train

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Permission to train

BigMart wrote:Not sure Arryn has an attitude problem Plugger... perhaps you can fill us in... or are you just posting rubbish.

I just know that he is a far better player than those listed, and if the clubs deemed him not worthy of a spot... why would we waste time on lesser players.

Weikhardt is tiny, and a fringe VFL player... a poor mans Saunders
Legrice is just a reasonable VFL key defender ... not as good as Delaney, Brown or Simpkin
Kelso is a Giraffe ruckman who often missed out on development league selection
Blaine Coates is a very ordinary VFL player... a skinny HBF who hasd played majority Dev league footy
We should rookie Sipposs.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Agreed
Half forward flank
Mark at 65 out, play on and launch one 8 rows back

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Arryn had a very good end to the season.... Was outstanding at Sandy

ripplug66
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Arryn had a very good end to the season.... Was outstanding at Sandy

Yes he was but I would guess no club will pick him up. The jump is huge and has had 4 years to prove himself. We certainly shouldn't pick him up. Lets give others chance. Most likely they will fail but you may get the gem. We know exactly what we get with Siposs.

To the top
SS Life Member

I would definitely consider Siposs.

He had a rough trot with particularly shoulder injuries - and when you miss the start of a season thru injury it is very difficult to catch up.

But Siposs did to the extent he received the votes he did at Sandringham - from very few matches.

Has skill and has excellent ball use.

Played some very promising football at AFL level - but injury intervened, particularly his shoulders.

With Siposs you know that, fully fit, his best is good enough to influence the result of an AFL game and that is the difference when giving others a chance.

The thing is to assess his keenness and his desire - and the Coaches write up of his endeavors this year with injury and rehabilitating and then coming back from injury late in the season were positive, which would stand him in good stead in my view.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Do we know what he's capable of?...

He was promising enough early to get a RS Nomination... One of a handful in a decade.

He was injured in every season he played, so we never saw a fit A.Siposs
And a not so fit Siposs impressed early doors.

His query is not ability... It's fitness, durability and athletic ability.

He's better than Saunders, Murdoch, Markworth, White based on what he has shown at both levels since 2011

ripplug66
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Do we know what he's capable of?...

He was promising enough early to get a RS Nomination... One of a handful in a decade.

He was injured in every season he played, so we never saw a fit A.Siposs
And a not so fit Siposs impressed early doors.

His query is not ability... It's fitness, durability and athletic ability.

He's better than Saunders, Murdoch, Markworth, White based on what he has shown at both levels since 2011

Well most of those don't even play for our club so that doesn't mean much. Anyway we are all wasting our time typing. He is gone and isn't coming back in any form at our club.

oldie60
Club Player

Unfortunately Sipper will only ever be a good VFL footballer. I understand that he suffered with shoulder problems but did he really play any stand out games,quarters that would suggest he would be a regular player. Personally i think he is too slow.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So if you know you're wasting your time typing

Why are you doing it?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

oldie60 wrote:Unfortunately Sipper will only ever be a good VFL footballer. I understand that he suffered with shoulder problems but did he really play any stand out games,quarters that would suggest he would be a regular player. Personally i think he is too slow.
Like Markworth was given four years on a list and didn't make it.

Never good enough unfortunately. Cut for a reason

You are garbage - Enough said
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
oldie60 wrote:Unfortunately Sipper will only ever be a good VFL footballer. I understand that he suffered with shoulder problems but did he really play any stand out games,quarters that would suggest he would be a regular player. Personally i think he is too slow.
Like Markworth was given four years on a list and didn't make it.

Never good enough unfortunately. Cut for a reason
Is the saintsational banner ever going to change now that it is nearly 2016 and Markworth isn't on the ride any more?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!