Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lefty
Club Player

Re: Jake Carlisle

Wayne42 wrote:Here you go, here's another theory..

Sydney's first-round pick has become the latest bargaining chip in negotiations between Essendon and St Kilda over Jake Carlisle.
The Swans would be prepared to help the deadlock if it would allow the club to turn their No. 14 pick (worth 1161 points on the draft value index) into multiple selections, or extra draft points.

The three clubs have begun exploring a trade that in essence would see Sydney switch pick 14 for St Kilda's pick 24 and another selection or two. The Saints would then send pick five to Essendon for Carlisle.

The problem is that Essendon's third round pick is not sufficient compensation for the Swans, with Sydney only willing to move pick 14 if it receives an adequate number of points.

Trading pick 14 for picks 24 and pick 44 (the Bombers' third round pick) would see the Swans lose, not gain, points. The Bombers have so far not been willing to give up either pick 23 or 25.
So we give up Pick #5 to Essendon.
Essendon give up Carlisle + Pick 23 or 25
We give Pick 23 + 24 to Sydney for their Pick 14

Eh, seems ok to me, however if Essendon are being f'wits, which they have the entire time, they can get ZERO, we keep 5, and we'll get Carlisle in the draft.

I don't have time for their rubbish. Carlisle isn't even that good, and comes with so many baggage its not funny, from attitude problems to physical ailments to questionable character. I honestly don't care if we don't get him.

I'd much rather get Weller's brother tbh, send 5 over to Freo for him.
Screw dealing with Essendon, I'm over it.

stkfc1
Club Player

Don't know if it counts as a public statement but JC has apparently started following a whole bunch of Saints players on Twitter. Guess you wouldn't be doing that if you were considering going somewhere else.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I don't get Twitter. Such a cryptic forum for messages. What's the point of writing about your thoughts that most don't understand and then posting them on the Internet?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:I don't get Twitter. Such a cryptic forum for messages. What's the point of writing about your thoughts that most don't understand and then posting them on the Internet?
huh?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
ace
Saintsational Legend

Sydney Involvement
Sydney is interested in improving its' point total because it is bidding for 2 highly rated academy/father-son players.
St Kilda OUT 5, 24 IN 14 & Carlisle
Sydney OUT 14 IN 23 & 44
Essendon OUT 23 & Carlisle IN 5, 24

Is Carlisle worth somewhere between pick 8 & 9 - I don't think so.
But here it goes
We give up pick 5 = 1,878 points and pick 24 = 785 points for a total of 2,663 points
We get pick 14 from Sydney and Carlisle from Essendon valuing Carlisle at 1,502 points mid-way between picks 8 & 9
Sydney give up pick 14 = 1,161 points
Sydney gets pick 23 = 815 points and pick 44 = 362 points for a total value of 1,177 points
Sydney has improved by 16 points.
Essendon give up pick 23 = 815 points, pick 44 = 362 points and Carlisle
Essendon get pick 5 = 1,878 points and pick 24 = 785 points
Essendon then gets 1,486 points for Carlisle between picks 8 & 9

St Kilda has Carlisle and picks 14, 45 & 63
Also Freeman for next year's second rounder

Personally I think we should get Essendon's pick 57 = 182 points as well.
Thus valuing Carlisle a bit below pick 11.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
longtimesaint
Club Player

ace wrote:Sydney Involvement
Sydney is interested in improving its' point total because it is bidding for 2 highly rated academy/father-son players.
St Kilda OUT 5, 24 IN 14 & Carlisle
Sydney OUT 14 IN 23 & 44
Essendon OUT 23 & Carlisle IN 5, 24

Is Carlisle worth somewhere between pick 8 & 9 - I don't think so.
But here it goes
We give up pick 5 = 1,878 points and pick 24 = 785 points for a total of 2,663 points
We get pick 14 from Sydney and Carlisle from Essendon valuing Carlisle at 1,502 points mid-way between picks 8 & 9
Sydney give up pick 14 = 1,161 points
Sydney gets pick 23 = 815 points and pick 44 = 362 points for a total value of 1,177 points
Sydney has improved by 16 points.
Essendon give up pick 23 = 815 points, pick 44 = 362 points and Carlisle
Essendon get pick 5 = 1,878 points and pick 24 = 785 points
Essendon then gets 1,486 points for Carlisle between picks 8 & 9

St Kilda has Carlisle and picks 14, 45 & 63
Also Freeman for next year's second rounder

Personally I think we should get Essendon's pick 57 = 182 points as well.
Thus valuing Carlisle a bit below pick 11.
The points values are not accurate as they do not take into account the strength of the draft.
The upcoming draft is supposed to be strong for the first 10 or so and weaker after that.
This would mean that the points allocated for second round selections are overstated and something like pick 5 is worth a lot more than the points total of later picks.
Therefore this deal will undervalue our pick 5.

One year will be our year
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

If pick 10 was put forward and knocked back then I think this is rapidly degenerating into a game of chicken for our straight out pick 5 - who will swerve first? I think we've got too much skin in the game as we've overplayed how valuable he is to us and Dildo is a headcase.

Would CArlisle really want to risk going into PSD? Hawthorn are still a player here. The could go to Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis et al and say hey if we skim 25,000 off your contract then can get CArlisle and win that fourth flag and become known as the greatest team of all time! - and who knows maybe a fifth. Carlisle could still get 500,000 - form a central partnership with Frawley and win a flag or two straight off the bat. That has to be attractive.

We've pretty much already lost pick 5. Its just a matter of we're prepared to give up on a seconder rounder we want back. I think we'll blink and maybe get back a fourth or third rounder to save face. I think its way over but we haven't played this cool enough.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Would you give up 25K a year?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
longtimesaint
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:If pick 10 was put forward and knocked back then I think this is rapidly degenerating into a game of chicken for our straight out pick 5 - who will swerve first? I think we've got too much skin in the game as we've overplayed how valuable he is to us and Dildo is a headcase.

Would CArlisle really want to risk going into PSD? Hawthorn are still a player here. The could go to Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis et al and say hey if we skim 25,000 off your contract then can get CArlisle and win that fourth flag and become known as the greatest team of all time! - and who knows maybe a fifth. Carlisle could still get 500,000 - form a central partnership with Frawley and win a flag or two straight off the bat. That has to be attractive.

We've pretty much already lost pick 5. Its just a matter of we're prepared to give up on a seconder rounder we want back. I think we'll blink and maybe get back a fourth or third rounder to save face. I think its way over but we haven't played this cool enough.
We need Carlisle to state that he is determined to get to the Saints even if it means entering the PSD.
Then we will see Essendon keen to trade on our terms.

One year will be our year
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Would you give up 25K a year?
To become GOAT and immortalised? Yep. Plus the coterie/sponsors/rich members/business tycoons will always look after legends who sacrificed to create hawks greatest era after they retire.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Carlisle should put his arm in a sling and post it on social media. That should help our position.
Trade/draft tampering?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote:Don't know if it counts as a public statement but JC has apparently started following a whole bunch of Saints players on Twitter. Guess you wouldn't be doing that if you were considering going somewhere else.
Unless you were looking for clues as to whether BJ is bad mouthing you to his old buddies.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda asked for Carlisle and two 2nd round picks for pick 5.
Essendon countered with a 3rd round pick and Carlisle for pick 5.

There is middle ground to be had here.
Either Carlisle and one 2nd round pick or Carlisle and a 2nd and 3rd round pick for pick 5.

Surely, after exploring other clubs with pick 5, we'll come back to one of those options?

It's interesting that Dodoro has stopped going to the media and criticising the Saints. Maybe there's a deal closer than we think.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Apparently Dildo is spending all his energies on trying to convince/scare Carlisle to go to Hawthorn...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
the dome
Club Player

Didero to help strengthen Hawks, Really?

It does sound peculiar helping the hawks maintain their lead in being the most likely to make another grand final.
doesn't sound like a traditional essdon strategy.
Have to say I'm glad that the Swans have entered the scene as we might do better with their part in a counter deal.
Netting Pick 14 from the Swans with Carlisle sounds good in theory but Keeping Pick 5 & landing Carlisle due to essdon's intransigence in the PSD would be a much appreciated help in our rebuild process. :D

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

WinnersOnly wrote:Apparently Dildo is spending all his energies on trying to convince/scare Carlisle to go to Hawthorn...

Adrian Dodoro is part of the dodgy ‘old Boys’ Essendon crew, that thinks the world owes them a favour.

Look below, Dodoro is not as clean as one might think.....this is parcel of land that Justin Madden controversially re-zoned in 2010, just before the ALP lost the 2010 State election.

Conflict of Interest, anyone?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... 5907043696

Geelong coach Mark Thompson strikes gold

Michael Warner
Herald Sun
August 18, 2010 11:14PM

GEELONG coach Mark Thompson has turned a $400,000 property gamble into a potential $10 million windfall.

The golden land deal underscores the magnitude of Geelong's task in persuading Thompson to extend his tenure at Skilled Stadium beyond next year.

A parcel of land purchased by Thompson, developer Mark Casey and Essendon recruiting chief Adrian Dodoro is now tipped to earn them more than $40 million.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Didero to help strengthen Hawks, Really?

the dome wrote:It does sound peculiar helping the hawks maintain their lead in being the most likely to make another grand final.
doesn't sound like a traditional essdon strategy. :D
what it does sound like though is that Essendon have come to the realization that their premiership window is not open. They are happy to concede the next few years to Hawks whilst the Bombers go through a list rebuild.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:Carlisle should put his arm in a sling and post it on social media. That should help our position.
Trade/draft tampering?
Or just tweet "I ❤ meth."

ace
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Apparently Dildo is spending all his energies on trying to convince/scare Carlisle to go to Hawthorn...

Adrian Dodoro is part of the dodgy ‘old Boys’ Essendon crew, that thinks the world owes them a favour.

Look below, Dodoro is not as clean as one might think.....this is parcel of land that Justin Madden controversially re-zoned in 2010, just before the ALP lost the 2010 State election.

Conflict of Interest, anyone?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... 5907043696

Geelong coach Mark Thompson strikes gold

Michael Warner
Herald Sun
August 18, 2010 11:14PM

GEELONG coach Mark Thompson has turned a $400,000 property gamble into a potential $10 million windfall.

The golden land deal underscores the magnitude of Geelong's task in persuading Thompson to extend his tenure at Skilled Stadium beyond next year.

A parcel of land purchased by Thompson, developer Mark Casey and Essendon recruiting chief Adrian Dodoro is now tipped to earn them more than $40 million.
Victorian Labor corrupt to the core with Madden as planning minister and then Victorian Liberal corrupt to the core under Guy as planning minister.
If only the Greens did not believe money grows on trees that can't be harvested.
But then money can always be baked in one of SHY's magic puddings.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Has anyone read the Jake Carlisle thread on Big Footy?
It is quite disturbing and really sad. I know people (myself included) love their team but that thread is down right embarrassing for both Essendon and St Kilda fans involved.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

is ' cordial' another word for " st... they are B..... hard to work with'

but very diplomatic is Ameet.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Thanks, Bratty.

Essendon is running out of time. I think more pressure is on them to land this deal. Otherwise, they'll end up with diddly squat.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Bains effectively said - It is our hope that Carlisle will be at St Kilda by 2PM Thursday but until the deal is done, the deal is not done.

I don't think Dildo is going to even speak English until 1:30PM Thursday.
He believes we are more desperate than him.
We may be, but that is all the more reason to rid ourselves of pick 5 without even consulting him.
If we were to only have say pick 14 left and spare change for Rice at 1:30PM when he is told the spare change is for Rice he will realise we can only give him pick 14 for Carlisle.
He will have run out of time to get a deal up elsewhere.
It is either take our pick 14 or get nothing.
He is forced to trade.
Last edited by ace on Tue 20 Oct 2015 3:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Looks less and less likely that Bains will land Jake, and that's not all bad from the Saints perspective.

oh when the
Club Player

from the age site

2:26pm

St Kilda's list manager Ameet Bains has just given an update on the Jake Carlisle situation.

"To be honest we've probably spoken to about five or six clubs. We've spoken today to Essendon again and things continue to be positive," he told SEN.

Asked whether he was confident Carlisle would end up at the Saints, he said: "that's our hope".

"We've still got some things to work through, clearly. Until the deal is done, the deal is not done."

Bains also ruled out any trade for ruckman Tom Hickey, who has been subject to several low-level rumours recently.