Umps review - no 50 cost Saints the game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Umps review - no 50 cost Saints the game

This will make some people happy. It was an obvious one:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-25/u ... -over-cats

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umps review - no 50 cost Saints the game

It was just so obvious............I was livid at the time....as a crowd we did not seem to react to it...maybe like the ump(s) to into the moment of the game

shocking miss by ump

saint4life
stkfc1
Club Player

chook23 wrote:It was so obvious............I was livid at the time....as a crowd we didnt seem to react to it...maybe like ump(s) to into the moment of the game

shocking miss by ump
Everyone was screaming for 50 where we were sitting. (3rd level). It was blatantly a 50. Even Geelong support in front of me, after the game, said it should have been paid and they were lucky to get the draw. :evil:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

What a surprise a clear mistake and missed fifty costs us a game. Umpire saw it and chose to ignore it. Wouldnt happen to the big clubs.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:What a surprise a clear mistake and missed fifty costs us a game. Umpire saw it and chose to ignore it. Wouldnt happen to the big clubs.

So when they admit you aren't happy but yesterday you were complaining they never admit mistakes. I'm pretty sure early in the year Campbell said Cloke should have got some frees in a game. And I'm pretty sure the pies are a big club.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:What a surprise a clear mistake and missed fifty costs us a game. Umpire saw it and chose to ignore it. Wouldnt happen to the big clubs.

So when they admit you aren't happy but yesterday you were complaining they never admit mistakes. I'm pretty sure early in the year Campbell said Cloke should have got some frees in a game. And I'm pretty sure the pies are a big club.
Roo should receive more frees its that clear why would you bother asking as was the fifty to Weller. Why was this fifty missed? No one in the way it wasnt questionable?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Roo should receive more frees its that clear why would you bother asking as was the fifty to Weller. Why was this fifty missed? No one in the way it wasnt questionable?

I have no idea why it was missed. Ask the umpire. That wasn't my point.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I have no idea why it was missed. Ask the umpire. That wasn't my point.

Amazing that it happened to us again..... :shock:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

What a life.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

What a life.

Good name for a book.

#gosaintas
Club Player

We do get more than our fair share of this "luck"

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:We do get more than our fair share of this "luck"

Yeah like the two huge mistakes in the 2009 GF thats before we even look at the treatment of Roo.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

Yeah like the two huge mistakes in the 2009 GF thats before we even look at the treatment of Roo.

Can I ask you a serious question. How does it make you feel better complaining all the time? And how can you watch a game where you honestly think the AFL cheat against us?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Can I ask you a serious question. How does it make you feel better complaining all the time? And how can you watch a game where you honestly think the AFL cheat against us?

Does it make you feel better being critical of everyone continually?

Like I said the two mistakes in the 2009 GF and then the blatant cheating cost us the game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Like I said the two mistakes in the 2009 GF and then the blatant cheating cost us the game.
I asked a simple 2 questions. I'm only critical of people who I think post rubbish. Why aren't you prepared to answer those simple questions?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

I asked a simple 2 questions. I'm only critical of people who I think post rubbish. Why aren't you prepared to answer those simple questions?
I didnt know you were the judge of what was rubbish on here.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Oh look a "mistake" cost us the game.

Bet the arsehole incompetent cheat of an umpire gets a gig next game.

Mistake my fat arse :roll: :roll:

We get the raw end of these decisions constantly but some on here will defend the umpires to the death even when it is obvious their complete incompetence cost us the game.

COST US THE GAME....................

Not a supporter whinge but the umpires conclusion.

Disgraceful.

Oh look it was Geelong. Just like in 2009 when they allowed Hawkins to have a goal after smashing the post and PLAY ON when Schneider had his jumper pulled off about 35 metres out from goal when the match was tied.

Umpires are disgraceful incompetent or even worse, but hey the AFL will protect them.

Sickening.

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Oh look a "mistake" cost us the game.

We get the raw end of these decisions constantly but some on here will defend the umpires to the death even when it is obvious their complete incompetence cost us the game.

Disgraceful.

Oh look it was Geelong. Just like in 2009 when they allowed Hawkins to have a goal after smashing the post and PLAY ON when Schneider had his jumper pulled off about 35 metres out from goal when the match was tied.

Umpires are disgraceful incompetent or even worse, but hey the AFL will protect them.

Sickening.
BM number 2 what should the AFL do to not protect them? Allowed Hawkins to have a goal? Ha ha. I'm sure they knew it hit the post. And what is your answer apart from whinging just about every week. Does it help the club by you whinging? Does it help you? I will continue to defend the umpires when people say they cheat. If you think that then why would you even bother to watch? And why isn't it front page news? And why does Leigh Fisher agree to this? Its just so illogical.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

Disgraceful.

Sickening.
BM number 2 what should the AFL do to not protect them? Allowed Hawkins to have a goal? Ha ha. I'm sure they knew it hit the post.
Incompetent umpires or worse.

Big money on Grand Finals. Why was Schneider not paid the free kick umpires advocate?

Why were we not paid a 50 before the Goddard mark in the GF 2010 when the Collingwood player did not throw the ball back to the Saints player on the full?

Funny how all these things, Schneider in 2009, Not on the full 2010, Weller 2015 all happen when we have a chance to win the game.

Hmm just co-incidence I guess. Just bad luck all these unfortunate "mistakes" happen to the Saints???

I suppose so, couldn't ever be anything else, nah, just plain bad luck hey?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Disgraceful.

Sickening.
BM number 2 what should the AFL do to not protect them? Allowed Hawkins to have a goal? Ha ha. I'm sure they knew it hit the post.

Big money on Grand Finals. Why was Schneider not paid the free kick umpires advocate?

Why were we not paid a 50 before the Goddard mark in the GF 2010 when the Collingwood player did not throw the ball back to the Saints player on the full?

Funny how all these things, Schneider in 2009, Not on the full 2010, Weller 2015 all happen when we have a chance to win the game.

Hmm just co-incidence I guess. Just bad luck all these unfortunate "mistakes" happen to the Saints???

Margetts against Collingwood when he pinned Milne in the last few seconds.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Disgraceful.

Sickening.

No idea why Schneider wasn't paid a free. Cant even remember it. Cant remember to many complaints about the umpiring that day apart from the ball hitting the post. I'm sure there were a few both ways unless you think the AFL told the umpires to favour Geelong for some illogical reason. The other thing that you fail to realise with that one eye closed is there are people like you and Curly on every Fan forum saying the exact same thing and finding decisions that also cost them games even against us.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: BM number 2 what should the AFL do to not protect them? Allowed Hawkins to have a goal? Ha ha. I'm sure they knew it hit the post. And what is your answer apart from whinging just about every week. Does it help the club by you whinging? Does it help you? I will continue to defend the umpires when people say they cheat. If you think that then why would you even bother to watch? And why isn't it front page news? And why does Leigh Fisher agree to this? Its just so illogical.

Why do you think you have a right to tell anyone how to watch a game or react to obvious cheating by the umpires.

You are not the lord of football. I will call the blatant match costing cheating when I see it, and apologists like you cant stop me.

You call it whinging, I call it standing up for my club as a supporter. Maybe you are the one that isn't a good supporter. But it is up to you how you support the club.

Funnily enough I don't enjoy the team I support being cheated out of wins like on the weekend. Maybe it is time for the AFL anti corruption Task Force to start looking at umpire bank accounts.

There is a stink over umpires but apologists will deny it.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The non free to Sneider was cheating nothing else can be said. The free to Ablett was bias and the goal to Hawkins was a mixture of both.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: No idea why Schneider wasn't paid a free. Cant even remember it.
How convenient
plugger66 wrote:Cant remember to many complaints about the umpiring that day apart from the ball hitting the post.
You mean the ball hitting the post going back to the centre and Varcoe getting another goal straight from the clearance. 11 points it cost us.
plugger66 wrote:I'm sure there were a few both ways unless you think the AFL told the umpires to favour Geelong for some illogical reason.
Can you name the 11 point turnaround where the Saints hit the post for a goal and then got a goal from the centre? Illogical. the score was tied deep into the final quarter of the 2009 GF, Schneider goes to get the ball and is blatantly held back by the jumper. The umpire is 5 metres away and calls PLAY ON. Appalling cheating considering Umpire Ryan was a lifelong Geelong supporter.
plugger66 wrote:The other thing that you fail to realise with that one eye closed is there are people like you and Curly on every Fan forum saying the exact same thing and finding decisions that also cost them games even against us.
Exact same thing? So they agree we were cheated out of the 2009 GF and that we get cheated out of most games like on Saturday night? Fair enough, don't read other forums but agree with them.

So even though the umpires have come out and said their blatant incompetence cost us a game of football on Saturday, that's OK by you? Alright then, you like being cheated, fine. But don't expect normal people to enjoy it like you.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote: BM number 2 what should the AFL do to not protect them? Allowed Hawkins to have a goal? Ha ha. I'm sure they knew it hit the post. And what is your answer apart from whinging just about every week. Does it help the club by you whinging? Does it help you? I will continue to defend the umpires when people say they cheat. If you think that then why would you even bother to watch? And why isn't it front page news? And why does Leigh Fisher agree to this? Its just so illogical.

Why do you think you have a right to tell anyone how to watch a game or react to obvious cheating by the umpires.

You are not the lord of football. I will call the blatant match costing cheating when I see it, and apologists like you cant stop me.

You call it whinging, I call it standing up for my club as a supporter. Maybe you are the one that isn't a good supporter. But it is up to you how you support the club.

Funnily enough I don't enjoy the team I support being cheated out of wins like on the weekend. Maybe it is time for the AFL anti corruption Task Force to start looking at umpire bank accounts.

There is a stink over umpires but apologists will deny it.

I can say what I like as you do. Don't talk crap about that BM. Attacking the man again. Cheating means the AFL is involved. Its illogical and just makes you sound like a complete whinger. That's fine if that is how you would like to be known as. The illogical thing is people think they cheat against us every week. Why would the AFL cheat against us? Illogical rantings. Standing up for your club. That is funny. I'm a great supporter. I haven't said you are good or bad. That is your call but whinging about the umpires on a weekly basis IMO doesn't help you one little bit be a good supporter so hopefully you do other things to make you a good supporter.

We have a guy at our local club who whinges about the umpires every week. He is the laughing stock of the club. Luckily he takes it ok but has no credibility when there is actually a doubtful decision.

Bank accounts. Now that is good humour.