adam schnider

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Re: adam schnider

With his experience and senior position in the team, he "should be" making these missed shots. Regrettably, they seemed to be missing by quite a lot, but he is not the only culprit.

Time to lift your game in this area Schneids :P

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

May as well make a thread on just about every player last night. Schneider was good again and isn't going anywhere until after round 23 this year. Vital member of the side.

Freebird
Club Player

gringo wrote:He was magnificent last night, anyone bagging him on that game has no idea.
16 disposals at 43.7 percent is not a good game. All his handballs went behind the player and he missed several by foot including 2 very gettable goals..

As far as forward onfield coaching - its do what I say not do as I do.

Freebird
Club Player

gringo wrote:He was magnificent last night, anyone bagging him on that game has no idea.
16 possies @ 43.7 percent not a good game..

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Sinclair will be next year though. Agree with many on here that Schneids was definitely not our worst and gave 100%. The game itself was played in the biggest flood since Noah marched the animals into an ark in two by twos. A game of keepings off for a lot of it. The conversion inside 50 was appalling, the turnovers in defence were costly, but they never threw the game in and for that I am happy.
Hopefully Fisher can come back in for the last six games and offer a bit at CHB. Am I alone in hoping that AR plays Goddard at FB and Paddy at FF over the next four weeks against poorer opposition to see how they go in the big league, and then bring back more experience against the good sides in the final 6 rounds?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Sinclair will be next year though. Agree with many on here that Schneids was definitely not our worst and gave 100%. The game itself was played in the biggest flood since Noah marched the animals into an ark in two by twos. A game of keepings off for a lot of it. The conversion inside 50 was appalling, the turnovers in defence were costly, but they never threw the game in and for that I am happy.
Hopefully Fisher can come back in for the last six games and offer a bit at CHB. Am I alone in hoping that AR plays Goddard at FB and Paddy at FF over the next four weeks against poorer opposition to see how they go in the big league, and then bring back more experience against the good sides in the final 6 rounds?

He isn't going to play those 2 players and they certainly shouldn't play for 4 weeks unless they deserve it. By the way who are both replacing especially if Fisher is back?

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

You've asked me this in another thread. Fisher won't be back for a while if he has a back-related hamstring, and with his years off shouldn't be rushed back in anyway.
Goddard could easily come in for Delaney or Gilbert I would've thought. Paddy could come in for Schneider.
When Fisher is 100% right, which he isn't at the moment, he should come back in.
And yes, in a development year they most certainly should play four weeks in a row to see what the pace of the big dance is.
They won't weaken the side, these inclusions should strengthen it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:You've asked me this in another thread. Fisher won't be back for a while if he has a back-related hamstring, and with his years off shouldn't be rushed back in anyway.
Goddard could easily come in for Delaney or Gilbert I would've thought. Paddy could come in for Schneider.
When Fisher is 100% right, which he isn't at the moment, he should come back in.
And yes, in a development year they most certainly should play four weeks in a row to see what the pace of the big dance is.

That is obviously your opinion but like me wanting Longer replaced by Hickey it isn't going to happen now or the rest of the year. As for Fisher, did he hurt his hammy again because if he didn't just feel right he will play next week.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

He's hardly played for years now. If he's tweaked it and twinged his back we won't be seeing him for a few games yet IMO. I agree with you re: Hickey BTW, but I would still like AR to try the tag team out next week against Essendon. I think we can smash them if it works well.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:You've asked me this in another thread. Fisher won't be back for a while if he has a back-related hamstring, and with his years off shouldn't be rushed back in anyway.

That is obviously your opinion but like me wanting Longer replaced by Hickey it isn't going to happen now or the rest of the year. As for Fisher, did he hurt his hammy again because if he didn't just feel right he will play next week.
Richo in the presser said he "did something with his back in the morning".

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:He's hardly played for years now. If he's tweaked it and twinged his back we won't be seeing him for a few games yet IMO. I agree with you re: Hickey BTW, but I would still like AR to try the tag team out next week against Essendon. I think we can smash them if it works well.

So he did hurt it again? If that's the case then he will be out for at least 3 more weeks. I thought he was just tight. They cant play Hickey unfortunately unless they drop membery and that would be unfair.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:He's hardly played for years now. If he's tweaked it and twinged his back we won't be seeing him for a few games yet IMO. I agree with you re: Hickey BTW, but I would still like AR to try the tag team out next week against Essendon. I think we can smash them if it works well.
Not necessirarly true. A bit of manipulation may work wonders.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

The REAL question is: "how many cans did Schides sink last night?" What a legend.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:
16 disposals at 43.7 percent is not a good game. All his handballs went behind the player and he missed several by foot including 2 very gettable goals..

As far as forward onfield coaching - its do what I say not do as I do.
I don't think you can measure him on the stats alone, his creativity was an asset.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Clearly still in our best 22 and I am amazed/surprised at his resilience this year with no injuries but surely we can all agree he isnt the man he was in 2011 and that his DE % and SOG % are well down from their peaks. 30% down.